Toppik after FUE

Hello,

My doctor said that I can use toppik 1 month post-op without having any effect on the transplanted hairs. I am not a constant user of toppik but I had hairs transplanted between my native ones and had some shock loss in the recipient area so I want to conceal this thin look.

Would like to hear your opinions and your surgeon's advice on this. Also, has anyone used toppik and had successful results?

Ramez,

You should be fine using Toppik one month after hair transplant surgery. It won't have any affect on the transplanted hair Its efficacy really depends on how much existing hair you have that will grab onto the keratin microfibers to make it look more natural. Toppik on a bare scalp isn't going to be too natural looking.

Best wishes,

Bill

The real key to Toppik is to have other hair shafts for the protein fibers to cling to, otherwise it's a going to be a futile result.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks Bill!

The real key to Toppik is to have other hair shafts for the protein fibers to cling to, otherwise it's a going to be a futile result.

Gillenator, I only applied toppik like 3 times before my HT. I have hair and it worked perfectly in showing some density and concealing the thin look... Just washed them out btw!

My question is whether it is safe to use them at 1 month post-op (my current state). I've read online that it is mostly safe after 3 weeks, and Bill just re-confirmed that. What do you think?

Ramez,

IMHO, the main issue or concern is that the scalp is completely healed post-op and also washed clean before bedtime as Dr. Charles pointed out.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hey Ramez! I was in the exact same boat. I ended up using something more irritating than toppik again probably only a month after, everything turned out great for me in the end! And since I switched to toppik it irritates my skin way less. I say you're good to go!

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)