Urgent: Please please please help!!!!!

Hello everyone, I am currently in India in a small hotel barely with any communication with anyone and my surgery is planned for tomorrow, it is currently nighttime right now. My stress level is off the roof right now. I am 23 years old getting a hair transplant and I have been shaving my head the last 3 years. I got sick off it and decided to get a hair transplant. At first my donor area looked great after a couple of days of not shaving. Afterwards grew my hair for the first time for a little more than three weeks and it seems like even my donor area might thin out in the future. Now I worry that after flying and doing all of this that it was a terrible idea. Even before I knew about this I had anxiety like crazy. Can someone please give me their opinions. I don't want to hear about the doctor and all of that. Just what you think about my donor area. Replies would be life savers. THANK YOUUUU!!!!

IMG_0625.thumb.jpg.c4d3611f44e714a6baaa7d04c98d48a7.jpg

IMG_0618.thumb.jpg.2d631f581bfbae14b9310f51079cb3fe.jpg

IMG_0598.thumb.jpg.a9107abb839871fcdb170abdfb2c2156.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.dc11529254e3ef3b8a170dd1cc91af8c.jpg

Hello mate I know the feeling mate and feel your pain , I just had my 2nd Procudure but on my 1st I went to Europe for my surgery and I was unsure so did not go ahead and left for another year, I'm no expert on transplantation but u gotta do what feels right for u mate , I could not comment on donor or anything like that as no expert and the pics ain't that clear I'm sure the more knowlabale people on here will help, this time last week I was in same boat sitting in my room nervous and thinkin twice its just human nature , but literally mate chin up and u got to just do what feels right for u pal , hopefully some of the guys in the know on here will help ?? Are u takin any meds etc

• Administrators

It's hard to say from just pictures, but from what I see it's not good to be honest, at 23 your hair loss is aggressive and the donor does not look stable, a microscopic evaluation of the donor is necessary before committing to surgery. Getting surgery at such a young age is a big risk, but the fact that your hair loss is aggressive and the donor doesn't look stable makes it an even bigger risk. My opinion is wait until your donor has been microscopally evaluated. Are you on finasteride and minoxidil? These should be an automatic pre requisite for you.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the replies. Do you guys think that I should just call it off? I'm not on either but unless I get a transplant I won't either. But my donor area could be bad. Not sure if it's right. Man this is the worst. Do not know what I want to do and whether I want to leave India the day after I got here. This is depressing. HtSoon, I know you got a transplant at a fairly young age and you seem fine now. What do you guys think? should i just get the hell out of here and tell the doctor sorry?

I personally would not go through with it if I was this uncomfortable. This is not something you rush into. Do research and re-enter with a fresh frame of mind. Have you paid upfront? Is the clinic reputable? The only way to evaluate donor is by a doctor looking at it under magnification.

• Administrators
Thanks for the replies. Do you guys think that I should just call it off? I'm not on either but unless I get a transplant I won't either. But my donor area could be bad. Not sure if it's right. Man this is the worst. Do not know what I want to do and whether I want to leave India the day after I got here. This is depressing. HtSoon, I know you got a transplant at a fairly young age and you seem fine now. What do you guys think? should i just get the hell out of here and tell the doctor sorry?

My situation was way different I was 29 almost 30, I also had my donor area evaluated first before doing surgery, I also had tried minoxidil and finasteride prior. My honest opinion is to back out, your donor density looks poor and your hair loss extensive, you will undoubtedly lose more hair in the years to come, I don't know that you have enough donor hair to give you a good cosmetic result and I don't know that the hair is DHT resistant.

First you should try medical therapy to stabilize the hair loss, then you should visit a doctor that can microscopically evaluate your donor and give you a master plan, every thing is pointing to this being a mistake if you proceed.

1. 23 with extensive hair loss

2. No stabilization medications

3. Possible donor miniaturization

4. Having surgery without being evaluated in person

This was me at age 24, if I would have had surgery back then I'd be screwed today, I had a lot more hair than you to. But hair loss is to unpredictable at your age, you could become Norwood 7 by the time you're my age now (31)

IIbFzqM.jpg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

I just realized you made this thread in July and everyone including myself told you it wasn't a good idea, I'm not sure you're going to receive different information, I know your looking to be validated in your decision but it's just not a good idea unfortunately.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/183982-need-help-please-2.html

View my thread

GO HOME!

Get a few more opinions from the top docs then you can have a consensus re: what your are in store for

Follow your instincts

It wasn't a waste of time or money

Doing it without being sure will be

I just realized you made this thread in July and everyone including myself told you it wasn't a good idea, I'm not sure you're going to receive different information, I know your looking to be validated in your decision but it's just not a good idea unfortunately.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/183982-need-help-please-2.html

He joined in July

Post is today

He joined in July

Post is today

Pretty sure HTsoon knows this post is from today. I think what he is saying is many people already answered his question in July and it's the same answer today. It is not a good idea.

Pretty sure HTsoon knows this post is from today. I think what he is saying is many people already answered his question in July and it's the same answer today. It is not a good idea.

Hahahahaha

My bad.

I know he feeling.

Hope it all turned out well.

• Administrators

I hope OP decided to just visit India and not pursuit a hair transplant, I know from his thread in July he compared himself to cases where the clinic posted photos that were in dimlit settings with no top view shots, very deceptive IMO, the fact that one person can achieve restoration does not automatically mean everyone can.

As we know there are several factors to consider: hair loss level, age, donor density, stabilization etc. It's easy to be 23 and desperate and feel the need to do something, but the fact is going bald is natural, having a bad transplant is not. As I stated back in July my fear is that OP would have surgery with hair taken from a zone that is miniaturizing, in a few years not only would the transplanted hair disappear but the scars would be revealed, even with FUE, by no means is FUE scarless. I remember being 23 and wanting to go to Armani to dense pack my hairline, I would've made the biggest mistake of my life, right now I'd be a Norwood 6 with a juvenile hairline, luckily I was to scared of the risks involved. If you're really that fed up with being bald try a hair system it's no risk involved, if it doesn't look good take it off.

View my thread

Looking at your photos you are heading toward NW7 and being so young with aggressive hairloss does not make you a candidate. Based on your pictures you could be making life changing decision and unfortunately to the negative. DO NOT DO IT!!! Even if you lose some money it is nothing compared to the possibility of many years or lifetime of agony. Walk away with what today appears to be a loss but it will be the best decision of your life and the best.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...-please-2.html

Now I remember him. He had posters that had nothing to gain told him the truth and he still proceeded . I think his desperation for new hair overshadowed realty. I hope he make the right decision. .

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Now I remember him. He had posters that had nothing to gain told him the truth and he still proceeded . I think his desperation for new hair overshadowed realty. I hope he make the right decision. .

Me too or he will have made a terrible mistake.