Strip scar repair with FUE and SMP.

I have undergone strip scar repair work of 500 FUE beard and SMP.

Have uploaded photo's of my strip scar at its worst & then post FUE and again post FUE/SMP.

I now have my hair shaved to a number zero and the strip scar is barely visible. I never thought such a result would have been possible and am absolutely stoked!

The SMP was done by SMP Adelaide - Scalp MicroPigmentation Adelaide: Home

5b32f01e045d2_stripscar3.thumb.jpg.786a1806f6422b56e78e019d5910bdcf.jpg

HT3.thumb.jpg.306cd0b21e97f8d92b6e15b4ab7aa33d.jpg

SMP.jpg.691221fdb0371c4de7e1a4e45746bce8.jpg

5b32f01eeeb84_stripscar1.thumb.jpg.af25fb7bf8c444dc003b53fef2854c35.jpg

Looks good. I would have had them put a dot in the center of my fue scars too possibly.

So, you had another procedure 5 months ago...Did you give up on that for the top? I see you are shaving it all.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi Spanker.

Yeah, I was still finding gaps on the front. Friends and Family told me they were barely noticeable to others but hugely irritating to me. I'm also finding that as I still have a lot of hair at the front, each procedure is fixing one area but causing shock loss elsewhere so one bad procedure has led me into this game of chasing shock loss & it really has the potential to completely do my head in. I would love to get it put to bed once & for all but don't know if it is possible?

When shaved even I can barely notice the gaps & I look like I have a full head of buzzed hair. I think I feel more comfortable with that, even though of course I would prefer to have Brad Pitt's hair.

At least the good work I have had on the strip scar does enable me to shave down as an option I wouldn't have had otherwise. Cheers.

Edited by Mikey1970

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mikey,

Thanks for sharing. I have a linear and fue scars. Ive done fue to the linear scar but i can still see the scar buzzed at a 0. I am planning to do smp to the scar next. Your results looks great and very promising!

What limitations do you have with smp to the scar? Seems like every photo i see is of razor and cream shave downs. Can you buzz with a 1 or 2 guard?

How soon did you do smp after your fue?

Thanks a lot

I'm really impressed with how nearly invisible the scar is when shaved down to a 0. Congratulations man.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

It is a good result but in fairness I think the photograph compliments it. In reality it is still visible but not bothersome. I am shaving down to a zero atm & not conscious of it. In conversation when I discuss it with people, they tell me they can still see the scar & using reverse mirrors I can still see it but it is basically just a line, not an abhorrent scar. It is good with a 1 or 2 guard too but I prefer the zero these days.

I did SMP 3.5 months after the FUE. My surgeon wasn't impressed, he wanted me to give it a full 9 months post FUE before considering any other treatment. Thing is, I had shock loss gaps in the front & felt most comfortable shaving down & hence wanted the best result possible for the scar asap.

I do think that for the best results FUE & SMP is the way to go.

Thanks for replying. I got a ton of questions but its been difficult getting solid answers on this topic. Seems like people post and disappear.

Is the scar visible where you get stares in public?

Or do they need to be up close and searching for it?

All the photos ive seen blend well up close but they dont show what it looks like from 4 ft away. Is it a black line from 4 ft?..

Which blends the scar better with a 1 guard or 0?

My surgeon said my linear scar was not bad at all and told me to look into smp to hide the scar... but i need to wait a year! I guess all i can do is wait and find a good smp dr in the mean time. (Anyone know of any in the San Francisco bay area?)

Thanks Mikey, hope everything goes well for you

I dont think i get any stares at all. I think somebody would have to be looking for it, it certainly wouldnt catch the eye. Really it is pretty good.

I think its good from 0-3 & becomes invisible if longer than that. & really only a line now, no bare skin of significance - the FUE worked well & the SMP topped it off. BUT it is still there - just as tidy as a strip scar can probably be.

Did you have permanent SMP or temporary?

Also who did your most recent FUE procedure?

hope it works out for the best for you

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)