Need help with all these little scabs please (pic attached)

Aside little pain in the donor area and sometimes feeling very tired everything seems to go pretty good but last two days the front recipient area started creating all these little pieces of scabs.

What do you think guys? Is there any way to get rid of those without putting in jeopardy the grafts? Anyway on Friday will be 10 days from surgery so they should be safe soon.

Please check the picture and let me know any opinion/suggestion/advice.

Thanks

1.thumb.jpg.255a49419c94e9df8ee6cf365c5cadb5.jpg

Teddy,

I'm actually kind of surprised that you are asking these questions because your physician should have provided you with postoperative instructions. That includes what to do about scabs and scab removal. The truth is, every doctor has a unique set of instructions so I'm hesitant to get to specific with you on what to do. But typically, by 6 days, the grafts are fully secured and you can begin gently massaging them off in the shower with your finger tips (not your nails) but moving them gently in a circular motion. But again, please contact your doctor and get his/her postoperative instructions.

Best wishes,

Bill

Aside little pain in the donor area and sometimes feeling very tired everything seems to go pretty good but last two days the front recipient area started creating all these little pieces of scabs.

What do you think guys? Is there any way to get rid of those without putting in jeopardy the grafts? Anyway on Friday will be 10 days from surgery so they should be safe soon.

Please check the picture and let me know any opinion/suggestion/advice.

Thanks

Teddy, as Bill suggests you really should check with your clinic. I know you mentioned in another thread that you didn't hear the advice properly because you were sleepy, but thats all the more reason to drop them an email. I am sure they would happily email you the after care notes. I know the ASMED after care notes were a godsend.

In terms of what scabs you have, relax, they are very small and you will almost certainly see them fall off during the daily washing over the next few days. My advice would be just wash as you have done these past few days and if AFTER day 10 they are still there, then you can probably be a LITTLE firmer shampooing. I had similar scabs around day 10 but by day 13 it was all clear. However, without sounding like a broken record, again you should really double check with your clinic as advice from one clinic to another can be like night and day. Anyway, good luck, its looking good so far!

IMHO, lotsa people have scabs/crusts for way longer than their clinics say they will. Sometimes these little suckers can be very adherent and it just takes a while for them to work their way out with gentle shampooing, etc. Everybody worries about damaging the grafts, even after the magical 10 day window, so you can never go wrong by just being gentle and patient.

Thank you all for your kind replies and advices.

Bill, I am sorry if I sound annoying, overworried or anything, but I have a found a lot of good information here and I would like to hear as many opinions/advices as I can to ease my mind and reduce stress.

For example, the clinic told me to wash once a day, but someone suggested to do it twice a day after 7 days and I think in my case it's working brilliantly.

To be honest, I've been hiding at home for 2 weeks since surgery now and tomorrow I promised my girl to take her to dinner, we didn't meet in the last 14 days.

Well, call me a coward, but I didn't tell her I had the surgery since our relastionship is just started and I am scared to ruin it, but I will tell her in the very next future. That's also why I would like to reduce the scabs as much as I could. Maybe I just need some sort of psychological comfort too, not too sure yet... :o

Jax and Louis, at the moment I am being very gentle not applying any pressure, rubbing or scrubbing my hair. Also I am putting the shampoo in an empty soap dispenser, shaking it, and just pouring the foam on my head to be as gentle as I can.

Do you think I should try to use shampoo directly from tomorrow (day 10) to quicken scabs cleansing? :)