Removing Transplanted Hairs from Temples and Hairline w/FUE

Has anyone had unwanted hairs removed from their hairline using FUE. Was the scarring visible? Can you reuse the hairs and place them else where.

I have transplanted hair into the temple points(I guess that's where) and they look too fake thick. I've been asked several times why the hair looks so strange.. I'd rather have the natural wider forehead. Can I just get then FUE out? It would be easy for the doctor to see which hairs are transplanted bc they are so thick. Looks pluggy and fake. I also have a few 2-3 hair grafts in the hairline (from a doc on this site nonetheless).

Here are some pictures. Thanks for your opinions.

IMG_1635.thumb.JPG.1313d615a907d1b979028af1874989dc.JPG

IMG_1636.thumb.JPG.130c290e5410a93e058b7310183d946b.JPG

Edited by densedream

• Administrators

I would not FUE out the hairline, it just needs to be softened a bit, the temporal peaks are a bit harsh, but you may get visible scarring, id rather try to blend the temporal peaks with softer donor hair, probably taken from the sides of the donor. Who did the surgery?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

I agree with HTsoon on both items.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I think you've been through a lot of procedures, and it would be a waste of money and emotional effort etc. to have it removed, not to mention the possible risks mentioned above.

Soften the edges with a small touchup procedure with Bisanga, Konior, Erdogan. Lorenzo etc (choose an elite doctor).

And for the sake of other patients looking at temple point work, please name the doctor so they can avoid them.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

The higher part of the temples was Dr. Pong. But Dr. Bhatti then added hair to lower the temple. They mostly appear to be one/two hair grafts but they look harsh. Also he put a 2-3 hair graft smack in the middle of my hairline. The Techs do the implanting so it was probably a careless placement by them. I

Edit: I also want to say that I think Dr. Bhatti did an alright job. All the hair seemed to grow and the beard hair into my old FUT scar worked as well. So this thread isn't about discrediting a doctor. I think some doctors are better at the fine tuning and creating a natural hairline and temples than others.

I got one of those 5x mirrors. I didn't realize that so many multiple hair grafts were smack in the middle of my hairline. I added some more pics. 2-3 hair graft in the hairline. I posted a pic that was pre-op and where Dr. Bhatti put grafts in the hairline. The work by Dr. Pong is in my receded corners of the hairline. He used one hair grafts in the hairline. So the middle hairline is now way darker and harsher.

5b32f002209aa_BeforeBhatti.jpg.5f26829526445000b94a6259897d4b19.jpg

IMG_1648.thumb.jpg.599673058ee5cbb3ed0b98a0f26ce4df.jpg

IMG_1644.thumb.jpg.4553a416f8dbf78293e2c5205beb7eb1.jpg

IMG_1645.thumb.jpg.83b602a9dc62f3ad62502778c6a8a5e0.jpg

Edited by densedream

Densedream,

I agree with everything HTSoon has said as well. Soften things up and no one will be able to tell. Otherwise the hair looks really good. I'll be honest and say that while they shouldn't be there, no one will be able to recognise the multi grafts. I can see the hairs are a little darker, but you needed a 5x mirror to actually see them.

While I also don't want to discredit anyone, I have talked about reservations I have with Dr Bhatti's work before in other threads, and here is another example of not awful, but not great work. I believe temple points are not always needed because of exactly this. I asked about temple peaks when Dr Hasson drew my hairline and he categorically refused to do them for me, saying the hair there was too fine and it would look unnatural. I am grateful now at 6 months post op that he didn't address that area.

It's not that I needed a 5x mirror. I could see it looked harsh in a regular mirror. I just didn't realize that many hairs are multi hair. In places like the temple points and hairline it looks out of place. Is it because when they FUE it's hard to find 1 hair grafts? Can't they split them under a microscope? Not sure if its the same as FUT in which the split hairs under microscopes. I'm gonna have to get these lasered out so it's a wasted 100-200 grafts I'm sure. Luckily this isn't the end of the world and I will be able to make it look better.

Edited by densedream

As far as I understand with FUE they can actually be more selective, choosing hair groupings as desired because they're not confined to a predetermined strip like FUT. I agree that it is carelessness.. like I said, I'm not a huge fan of that doctor and would not go to him myself.

But you're right, it can be fixed, so it's not the end of the world.

Please check this study,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4323598/

They had a case exactly like yours and it creates fine hair at the end

I already sent them few emails and they said that all their clients do hair transplant and then they come to them to soften the hair

I m going to try it also after finishing treating my skin

Please check this study,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4323598/

They had a case exactly like yours and it creates fine hair at the end

I already sent them few emails and they said that all their clients do hair transplant and then they come to them to soften the hair

I m going to try it also after finishing treating my skin

Great find. Definitely gonna look into this. I was under the assumption that the laser would just kill the entire follicle. Hope this works!

I know Shapiro does soften with laser from time to time.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Yes from experience Konior uses singles of course in the immediate front hairline and in temple points.

He does temple points like a fine art.

This is my favorite example and hopefully how I can have my lower temple points done at some time in the future.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171144-raymond-konior-md-chicago-frontal-hairline-restoration-1791-grafts.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=46002&d=1371987134

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

Yes from experience Konior uses singles of course in the immediate front hairline and in temple points.

He does temple points like a fine art.

This is my favorite example and hopefully how I can have my lower temple points done at some time in the future.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171144-raymond-konior-md-chicago-frontal-hairline-restoration-1791-grafts.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=46002&d=1371987134

There's good reason why Dr. Konior is booked a year in advance. Arguably the best hair surgeon in the world. Worth waiting if I can afford it.

Here's another nice repair example.

A lot of grafts used but that's the ASMED way I guess:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171759-dr-koray-erdogan-asmed-clinic-2200-grafts-repair-15-months-update.html

go dense or go home

• 2 weeks later...

I came to a short term solution that looks way better. I just plucked out most of the transplant hairs that were in the temple areas that looked unnatural. Most were indeed two hair grafts and pitch black compared to my other natural hairs in the area. I don't see why doctors don't use nape hair only in this area. Why would a doctor think putting black 2 hair grafts in such an area was a good idea baffles me a bit.

Anyways glad I just stepped up and plucked em out. I'm buying one of those for home use hair removers that use bright flashed of light to hopefully shrink the hairs or removed them.

Had anyone ever used IPL hair remover? IPL and Laser Hair Removal - Electrical Beauty Hair Removal - Boots

I'm looking at these. Did it remove the hairs completely or did they grow back thinner? This might be a good option for those of us that have unnatural looking growth in the hairline and temples.

Yes, he only uses singles, and looks for fine singles if possible.

This "laser" doesn't look like a being good idea. You need precision. Have you consulted with SMG about softening with a laser? I agree plucking is an option but kind of a pain. Plucking over time for long enough may soften it as well.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

We have not agreed on doctors etc. in the past lol, but it makes me cringe that you have to actually have this lasered out or even manually pluck them out after the money and effort spent on the procedures.

Hope it works out for you.

Btw I don't recommend ASMED for smaller procedures especially with limited donor based on my recent research, so ignore what I wrote (they are good for larger cases with virgin scalp).

go dense or go home