Dr Hasson 3965 grafts FUT

Gigantass

Sick, sick, sick result. FUT scar negligible. I recently went down to a #4 with no visible scar. Gonna risk a #3 next time, but you look like you're sporting s #2 guard here, no?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Lesson here, never ever doubt doctor Hasson's work.

In the large majority of cases he's hitting it out of the park.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 4 weeks later...
the scar is invisible and has been since 4 months

To be honest (and this is in no way intended criticise your results, which are looking superb by the way!) I think that may be due to the fact that H & W appear to routinely take their FUT scars quite a bit higher than other clinics in order to facilitate this type of haircut.

Again, not really a negative, but I don't think it's down to some "scar-wizardry" (though obviously, H&W have more experience than most when it comes to FUT)!

Either way, it can't be seen :)

To be honest (and this is in no way intended criticise your results, which are looking superb by the way!) I think that may be due to the fact that H & W appear to routinely take their FUT scars quite a bit higher than other clinics in order to facilitate this type of haircut.

Again, not really a negative, but I don't think it's down to some "scar-wizardry" (though obviously, H&W have more experience than most when it comes to FUT)!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No offense taken. Thanks for the compliment. What I might add in response is that often times the best donor hair is higher up. In addition, if the patient wants to wear a fade, the doc can take the hair a little higher in the permanent zone. If taken too low, especially in cases of retrograde loss, you can run the risk of getting hair that may not be as strong and susceptible to thinning. On many of our repair patients I've also seen incisions taken to low even without much retrograde and if too low, the skin tends to be more elastic and the scar can stretch. I do believe over the years good doctors have taken notice that taking the strip too low is not ideal. I agree, no "scar-wizardry", just knowledge, experience and skill.:)

On another note, Gigantass: Fabulous!

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats you must be thrilled! Looks great

Congrats mate. This result is epic!

One thing though I notice it took a while for the redness to disappear in the recipient site. Was this an issue in respect of work colleagues etc, did they notice and how did you deal with work / social situations?

I'm paranoid about my head looking really red and people picking up on it. Though my loss is less advanced than yours so may be less of an issue. Your hairline is better now though!

I wore a hat and told everyone I had a weird rash that I had an appointment to see a dermatologist, worked fine

I've been thinking about this awkward ugly duckling stage and wonder if it isn't easier to just own up to the transplant, especially in cases like yours where the before/after is a massive obvious change. Might be liberating to just own it and give no f*cks.

Anyway, it's crazy how short you have your hair on the sides with a strip scar and how huge the difference is. This is pushing me towards FUT to be honest, the scar is the main thing putting me off it but the more I think about it the less I care especially considering all the trade offs. It'll be covered in hair so who cares, plus you can do FUE into it or SMP if that fails.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm thinking of dyeing mine a little darker too. Similar hair texture and colour to you I think. Looks good, and the result is of course top notch. You could be a hair model now.