Did you shed all your transplanted hair post surgery?

Do most people shed all or pretty much all their recipient hair post surgery?

I was kinda expecting aroundabe 15- 20% of it not to shed (not sure why, maybe something I read?) but I was just looking back at my pictures from just over a week ago (8 days to be exact) and I was a bit shocked at how much I've shed within a week. Reckon I probably have less than 5% of my transplanted hair left. Assuming that's within the norm, I guess it could be a good thing if it does all fall out, at least then it'll be easier to look 'normal' until the regrowth starts in a few months. ;)

Top picture Thursday 10th November, bottom picture Wednesday 2nd November.

0F4978E9-AC35-421E-B5B9-5F575ADCBC30.thumb.jpg.28a96e8c0acc52a85d8afe6377823e16.jpg

Cheers guys, comforting to hear you guys lost most of it too.

I thought it was all supposed to fall out after the transplant? Looks like the redness and inflamation is going down nicely. How noticeable does it look in person?

Yeah its supposed too, but I know some people didn't have complete shed. Redness is definitely going down, but its still noticable, think it could be another few weeks before it goes. I put some aloe vera gel on it occasionally, not sure if thats helped. I did also receive some sweet almond oil today (which along with aloe vera is something the clinic recommends) so will give that a try tomorrow.

Most of the graft hair comes off when the crusts are removed but that's a good sign that the grafts went dormant and in another 3-4 months, the regrowth will begin to emerge above the scalp line...and definitely worth waiting for...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Most of the graft hair comes off when the crusts are removed but that's a good sign that the grafts went dormant and in another 3-4 months, the regrowth will begin to emerge above the scalp line...and definitely worth waiting for...;)

I did not loose a single hair when removing all the crusts :eek:

Good sign?

Bad sign?

Really?...you mean when the crusts came off, the graft hair remained in your scalp? Never hard of that before...got any pics?...would love to see your scalp.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Maybe I got you wrong?

When I removed the crusts by day 8 I kept all the transplanted hair.

Now at day 13 I lost some 10-20 hair.

2q2n4nd.jpg

Wow, looks so good. I didn't think you have anything to worry about. People's hair reacts differently and you are clearly lucky to have not lost any hairs so far. You might even be one of the lucky ones that keeps the transplanted hair for a good few weeks. Enjoy it while you can.

hamburger,

Never in 4 decades have I ever seen such an astounding result where such an extremely high percent of the graft hair remained after the crusts were removed. This is definitely the exception and not the rule.

And my word, your scalp especially the recipient area looks very clean.

Please keep us in the loop as to how long the graft hair remains. Losing 10-20 hairs is such a small percent to the overall number of grafts that were done.

Very nice photo...thanks for providing it to us to view and wish you the very best as your procedure matures!....;)

Gillenator

hamburger,

Never in 4 decades have I ever seen such an astounding result where such an extremely high percent of the graft hair remained after the crusts were removed. This is definitely the exception and not the rule.

And my word, your scalp especially the recipient area looks very clean.

Please keep us in the loop as to how long the graft hair remains. Losing 10-20 hairs is such a small percent to the overall number of grafts that were done.

Very nice photo...thanks for providing it to us to view and wish you the very best as your procedure matures!....;)

Oh, thank you! I never thought it could be an exceptional result. I'll keep my fingers crossed:) Here is a link to my thread where i post some updates: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185229-3500-grafts-fue-dr-koray-erdogan-asmed-3rd-november-2016-a.html

After 18 days now I see some shedding so i might loose my transplanted hair in the next weeks. I knew it would happen ;)

Probably will, but remember, new growth will follow and when it's fully matured, you will look awesome!...:cool:

Gillenator