3500 Grafts FUE // Dr Koray Erdogan, ASMED, 3rd November 2016

hamburger

Look at where you've come from to where you are now though. I agree the hair line needs to be stronger as does my own but I would give it a few more months before passing judgement. I've read a lot of reviews where they have been in similar situations and it improves up to and beyond 18 months. I think a lot of people need a small second pass to refine and achieve the perfect hair line but you'd only be looking at 1000 grafts if that's the case.

I'm still seeing small improvements and am going to see where I stand this time next year. Give it some more time I'm certain you will continue to see density improvements as the hair matures.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Look where you came from mate. We are our own worst critics. I'm still thinking "this isn't very dense" after my HT. I then look at before pics and go "holy s....t, i can't believe how bald i looked"!!

Hair greed is definitely real, but i think we need to sit back and appreciate the cosmetic improvement we have gained from the procedure.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's a solid result, and to be expected from anyone with 50 micron hair and similar hair texture to you. You can't compare yourself to a lot of the European and Arab Erdogan patients with 60-70 micron hair who are at a major advantage.

Take a look at some of the recent Hasson results, cramming 3000 - 4000 FUT grafts into half the area and you'll realise that it isn't a HUGE amount of grafts, and is a very large area. With a 25-30% touchup on the hairline it would likely take it from a decent result to a monster result.

I also think that when you'll look back from 8-12 months you'll definitely see a small amount of further improvement at the end.

Edited by JeanLDD

• 2 months later...

Hey guys here is my update after 1 year

-Recipient area looks strong and healthy

-I would appreciate a bit more density (+500 Grafts?) in the hairline but the difference to where I started is huge.

-To invest some grafts in restoring the temple triangles was a very good descision.

-My scalp is still a little bit numb. I don't know if that will ever change...I don't care.

-No sides with fin.

-Stopped taking Biotin because my fingernails grew like crazy.

I'll post my final update after 18 months

Cheers!

5arjhe.jpg

4kwas1.jpg

33m7w60.jpg

a19n5.jpg

11kwqc6.jpg

2e1c2dj.jpg

It looks like you improved since the 9 month mark but the pics aren't exactly the same under the same lighting. All in all for the number of grafts done you should be quite happy you got a good result and could always go back for more if need be. When you are having your whole frontal third and hairline rebuilt you should consider yourself extremely lucky that you only have the minor criticism of wanting ~500 grafts for added density!

Fantastic hairline and temples point design here too. Was a little iffy at the 9 month mark, but definitely with that styling and minor improvements over month 9-12 this has turned out a monster result. Not a huge amount of grafts used up, stabilised on fin and with an extra 500 grafts this could be absolutely perfect.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Any update mate? Has anyone that you didn't tell noticed you had something done?

Hi,

I will post my last and final 18-month update in 2 weeks.

Until now nobody asked me if I had something done. So I guess it looks quite natural :D

I started my HT journey as a NW3 so the difference is not that extreme.

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

Glad to hear it is going well for you. I am booked in with Erdogan in September, it's such a nerve wracking time . I am really wanting to get it done but shit scared at the same time!

I'm a NW2-3 so a little less down that track than your original pics which gives me hope

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

this is my last and final update after 18 months.

The final density and hair structure is now reached and I am satisfied.The decision for Dr.Koray Erdogan was the right one and I have no regrets. From the beginning my entire HT trip ran without any problems and I am particularly satisfied with the temple triangles and the hairline in general. The only point of criticism would be the density in the front area. I would have expected a little more here.

With an additional 500 grafts it would be perfect, but it will be my last HT (hope so).

My handling of my hair has become extremely relaxed. Whether it's windy or rainy, I don't have to do anything and feel much more confident. :D That was also my goal, which I achieved.

My journey and my active part in this forum is now coming to an end. Thank you for your support. I wish you all the best.

hamburger

9vcboh.jpg

1j2448.jpg

fn626a.jpg

amqwsi.jpg

rc5929.jpg

2zirfih.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Hamburger,

What a transformation with just 3500 grafts. Your journey together with a few others made my mind up to do the HT and go with Asmed. Surprised Asmed didn't quote the standard 5000 as your hair looked quite thin when wet in the Pre Op pictures. However your result has justified Dr Koray's assessment. Plenty of grafts left in the bank should you want a top up in future. Congratulations and I'm hoping your enjoying your new found youthful looks. Once again thanks for sharing your story as it helped me and I'm sure many others.:)

Any chance you could do a 24 month update? Would be great to see if there were any additional changes.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Hi Hamburger,

What a transformation with just 3500 grafts. Your journey together with a few others made my mind up to do the HT and go with Asmed. Surprised Asmed didn't quote the standard 5000 as your hair looked quite thin when wet in the Pre Op pictures. However your result has justified Dr Koray's assessment. Plenty of grafts left in the bank should you want a top up in future. Congratulations and I'm hoping your enjoying your new found youthful looks. Once again thanks for sharing your story as it helped me and I'm sure many others.:)

Any chance you could do a 24 month update? Would be great to see if there were any additional changes.

Thanks for the nice words!

If there are any changes until the 24 month mark I can post a quick update but I think this is the final result.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...