3500 Grafts FUE // Dr Koray Erdogan, ASMED, 3rd November 2016

hamburger

Looking great Hamburger, this is totally where I was just a few weeks back. Suddenly it just starts sprouting doesn't it. I also have the exact same issue, little weakness in the front. Fingers crossed those hairs will come in the next cycle of growth. My temples were also stronger and the first area to really kick in. In terms of numbness, mine is pretty much entirely gone, but does quite feel 100% normal just yet. I'm sure yours will sort itself out in the next few weeks. Anyway, big congrats! :)

What a change from month 3 to 4. I'm approaching month 3 now and have a lot of black dots appearing so here's hoping to a month like you had. Month 4 is still so early as well. You have another 4 months of potential new growth and then another year of thickening.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ponchik,

I started with a surgeon cap after 3-4 days but only for max.20-30 min. After 2 weeks I wore a beanie hat for max. 2h a day and after 4 weeks when I returned to work I wore the beanie 8h a day. Basecap was comfortable to wear after month 2.

• 5 weeks later...

Update: 5 month + 10 days

I spent the last weeks in Thailand so this update is a little late.

-numbness is almost gone now

-redness close to zero

-massive improvement in hair quality over the last 5 weeks.

BUT there has to come more. I’m expecting/hoping that there will be a lot more NEW growth. At the moment it’s quite sparse and see through in the frontal area. If that would be even close to a final result I would be disappointed… :(

okcztf.jpg

b562vt.jpg

281at8k.jpg

55pgnp.jpg

eztxi.jpg

I think you'll find the density keeps improving for the full 12 months and then even beyond that. I'm a month behind you and my growth seems slower and less dense than others but Asmed have assured me it will catch up and that people grow at different rates. You are still only at 5 months so a long way to go. This part is frustrating though isn't it!

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• 2 weeks later...

It looks pretty good to me. You have to remember that light plays a crucial role too. Under harsh light it will look more see through than under natural/soft light. Did you also try checking it out in a mirror that's e.g. outside?

In any case, it should still improve. You're at 5 months, a lot of literature says that real growth starts at 6 months and continues up to 1.5 years. I'm sure you'll see an improvement month by month. Please keep us posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Update month 6

There is some improvement in density compared to month 5 but it is still somehow sparse in the frontal area. I think the hairs that grew already are thickening up but I cannot say if there is some more „new„ growth.

I attached a close up of the hairline. What do you guys think of the density that should be at least 45-50 grafts/cm2?

At first sight my hair looks quite good but if you look closer it is visible that it is less dense (especially at the very front). I really hope this to improve over the next few month.

2125rv5.jpg

o8eb9y.jpg

2ztesf7.jpg

j82x3k.jpg

2vmjbyh.jpg

Looks great for 6 months. Don't worry it should improve a lot in the next 6 months.

It will improve but I do also agree that you should have new hairs to come through yet. I'm in a similar boat just a month behind you. I have a load more to come but are coming through slowly.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I think your hair is looking good at 6 months. You've got plenty of time left to see increased density. Hang in there.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hey Hamburger, when did you actually notice any growth? I'm a week shy of 3 months and I still don't have any.

Hi Ponchik,

it started right after month 3 and I had explosive growth till month 5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, here is an update.

Photos were taken at the 7 month mark.

- I have to correct myself. Recipient area is still a little bit numb (maybe 20%). That doesn’t bother me much.

- There are some tiny improvements reagarding density in the frontal area. Still hoping this will improve over the next 3-5 months when the hair continues to mature. Anyway it is still a bit see through (last pic). With around 30% more density I would be totally satisfied.

- I think Fin is working now. My midscalp feels/looks more dense.

Overall I feel quite confindent at the moment. There are dozens of very very very fine and almost invisible hairs in the front. At that that moment it doesn’t add much density but maybe in a few months…

I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

m7_1.jpg

m7_2.jpg

m7_3.jpg

m7_4.jpg

m7_5.jpg

I think it's looking good mate. You just need a bit more density in the front as you say. I'm in a similar boat and I've reached out to quite a few people who saw density increases all the way through to 18 months.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Great results ! Good luck on reaching the density you want I'm sure it will get there in the next month.

The majority of people still have a lot of growth between 7 and 9 and a little more beyond that from 9-12. Good to see that you're definitely still improving and it already looks very acceptable, even if its got a little while to go before its perfect.

I'm two months from my run through at ASMED with an extremely similar graft utilisation but without the temple point work. Cannot wait for the sprouts.

You have come a longway from where you started and it continues to improve, well done! I assume no hair product used in above pics? Looking great already and hope it gets more dense soon, cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update Month 9

Very little improvement in density compared to month 7/8.

Definetly no NEW growth after month 7.

My midscalp is really improving now with Fin!

I stopped taking Biotin because my nails grew like crazy and I had to cut them too often.

Regarding the quality of the new hair: My original hair calibre is 50 microns and I would guess that

50% of the new hair is around 40-50 microns while the rest new hair is around 25-30 microns. This makes me hope for some more desity in the next 3-6 months.

Frontal third is still a bit numb and the skin is a bit sensitive.

It matters A LOT in which lighting conditions you are looking at your hair. Under harsh light it looks quite seethrough while it looks really good when the light is a bit less bright and darker. The last three pictures, shot from a low angle where the hairline is really exposed, show that.

At the moment I don’t know if I am too impatient but I did expect a bit more density in the hairline. I mean I started as a NW3 and got 3500 Grafts in the frontal third…

When I look at some other threads (e.g. JustJax, DEB1982) I see the same issue with lacking density. Don’t get me wrong I think our results are strong but unfortunately this little bit of density that makes you think "WHOW" is still missing. So is this just „state of the art“ for HT in 2016/17 or can we expect more…?

gt6nu7px.jpg

fpq8n6kk.jpg

bsh4ujo7.jpg

xshq3rmo.jpg

onxdlb68.jpg

vr2wq9lo.jpg