3500 Grafts FUE // Dr Koray Erdogan, ASMED, 3rd November 2016

hamburger

Hey guys,

on Nov. 3rd i had my HT with Dr.Koray Erdogan at ASMED Clinic in Istanbul. A lot of positive reviews

have already been written about his clinic and i can undeline that they are doing a really great job. So i will just post some before and after pics and keep you updated regularly.

Statistics:

Male, 37 yo. and about NW 3 i would say.

Hair diameter: 50 micron

Donor capacity: 8100

Grafts total: 3523

724 Single

1862 Double

907 Triple

30 Quadruple

Hairs per Graft: 2,07

Transplanted area: 80cm/2

Comments welcome :)

2uy5c37.jpg

1531grq.jpg

2qs3swz.jpg

insgp5.jpg

t56aad.jpg

28herlv.jpg

Day 6

I have a lot of little scabs but redness is vanishing slowly. Hope this keeps on.

As always the work looks super clean and refined , out of interest are you on meds ? Really look forward to watching this result develop :)

Thanks.

The Doc recommended starting with Fin to improve my mid scalp and gave me a one year supply of Proscar (1,25mg/day). I read a lot about the side effects and was a bit concerned but anyway i'm on it since friday. :D

2a5bqea.jpg

2qjlw0g.jpg

264s2o7.jpg

s31ruv.jpg

Day 9 update

Since day 8 i'm completely scab free but i have some pain in my donor area. It started at day 4 and is getting a bit better now. Ibuprofen 400 and aloe vera gel helped a lot.

Recipient area is less red than the pictures show.

Shedding until now: 0

30if6te.jpg

2ziq72w.jpg

fneni8.jpg

dh8b6.jpg

ojhxc2.jpg

Only just noticed you'd started a thread. Looking great, love the temples! Congrats on getting all the scabs off by day 8 too. I was so nervous washing my hair it was about day 12 before mine came off and I do wonder if not getting the scabs off sooner might have resulted in some lost grafts. Anyway, looks awesome. :cool:

Are you noticing any shedding yet? BTW, donor pain will probably last a week or so at least it did for me. Still is a little sensitive but not something I notice unless I'm washing it.

Looking great, love the temples!

Thank you :D

70% of the scabs came off easily at day 7 and the rest was gone by day 8. I did rub gently after the washing procedure and it was no problem to get them off. No bleeding...

Until now i can't see any shedding but the donor area still hurts a bit.

Thank you :D

70% of the scabs came off easily at day 7 and the rest was gone by day 8. I did rub gently after the washing procedure and it was no problem to get them off. No bleeding...

Until now i can't see any shedding but the donor area still hurts a bit.

I'm so jealous, I seeemd to lose some hairs with my scabs and I had cracks (clinic said it was from skin swelling) so mine was a little patchy looking by the time all the scabs came out. Yours looks amazing tho, hopefully you get lucky and have a few weeks before it sheds too. Keep us posted, I'd be particularly keen to know how your shedding goes.

Day 18

I think the shedding starts now. I lost approx. 10% of the transplanted hairs in the last 1-2 days. Redness is still significant and the scalp is quite numb in the frontal area.

Donor is fine.

Taking 1,25mg Fin/day since 18 days. No sides until now.

9kaxog.jpg

34810qv.jpg

aczb78.jpg

34qjssn.jpg

Looking very clean and seems to be healing well, in my case as well shedding started after the second week. It's as expected and will lead to future growth.

You'll be rocking in a few months

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Agree looks like really clean work and has healed really well. I'm off to Asmed 3 weeks today and am having a very similar sized procedure so can only hope it looks like this!

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• 2 weeks later...

Day 30 (1 month)

I think my original hair is growing back a bit slow and I definetly entered the ugly duckling stage. :o Lost 90-95% of the transplanted hair from day 16-30 and I still see a lot of redness (I have pretty fair skin). Numbness around the forelock is getting a bit better but still there.

2hyb86h.jpg

27ys706.jpg

ndwk1z.jpg

6hly0n.jpg

You find a lot of people report that their native hair grows out a little slowly after the procedure. Maybe taking a supplement like Biotin would help speed this up?

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Day 30 (1 month)

I think my original hair is growing back a bit slow and I definetly entered the ugly duckling stage. :o Lost 90-95% of the transplanted hair from day 16-30 and I still see a lot of redness (I have pretty fair skin). Numbness around the forelock is getting a bit better but still there.

Hamburger, your results/progress are almost exactly in line with my experience... which I have to say is very comforting :D

I also noticed my native hair (think more so near the transplanted area) growing back slower too, I guess the area has been under 'trauma' so it's probably just how the body reacts. In terms of the numbness, I found that this just improves slowly over time. I am 8 weeks on Tuesday and I still have a little numbness, but I don't have the heaviness I felt a few weeks back. As you may have seen, I still have some redness even now, but it's faded a lot and people say it's not really that noticeable.

JustJax, you are 3 weeks ahead of me and i'm following your thread to see how I may look like in that time :D It's interesting to compare...

Chris39, I booked my HT in August and could choose from October/November. I would say waiting period is 2-3 month.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update / Month 2

Hey guys, tomorrow it is two month since my HT @ASMED so here is a short update:

-redness is still visible, improving slowly (it looks better outside under natural light)

-forelock is still numb but getting better

-my original hair grows back but the top of my head is lacking some density (ok, I had miniaturization in this area)

-I'm getting a lot of pimples/spots in the recipient area

-I definetly need a haircut :D

rlf6z6.jpg

72tagj.jpg

351tlro.jpg

5oxavn.jpg

Hey Hamburger, I'm 5 weeks behind you. I think you look like you are on track. 2 months in my opinion is when people look their worst and you don't look bad at all. Another month to get through and then you should start to see some growth.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• 1 month later...

3 Month

So, after exactly three month here comes the next quick update.

-Redness is better now (looking much worse on the pics). My wife says people on the street won't notice... However redness is still there.

-The top of my head is still a bit numb.

-I can't see if there is much growth only the hairs that stayed after the shedding are growing. There could be some fine new hairs and some dark dots. Maybe its starting...

-Donor is totally fine.

os518j.jpg

aol4dj.jpg

25k78ye.jpg

34xs3ms.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Update month 4

Today it's 4 month after my HT and it’s sprouting! The last weeks have been amazing and by now I’m feeling confident leaving the house without a hat. I even got my first compliments about my hair.

The only concern I have is that the very front/mid area (marked in blue) is a bit lacking density compared to the temples and this area still is a bit numb (maybe 40% numbness).

2roglmu.jpg

2wc017n.jpg

28u1w95.jpg

sdoh2x.jpg

256uvki.jpg