Someone asked me today if I would be happier if I was fat vs balding because I am in pretty great shape. I thought about it and I would choose being heavier to have a full head of hair and that is because I know I can change my weight. I am not sure I can change my hair.

Ha just be happy you're not fat and balding totally unforgivable it would seem

Ahh yeah I did not even think of that. That has to be one of the worst combos. I feel bad for any man who is. I guess the worst thing to be is short, fat, and balding.

• 2 months later...

Here's a thought..... if someone is overweight, they can save money by making fewer visits to restaurants, fewer trips to the grocery store, cancel the gym membership and develop your own home fitness plan and use all the saved money and devote that to your hair transplant. How's that for a little levity?

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Someone asked me today if I would be happier if I was fat vs balding because I am in pretty great shape. I thought about it and I would choose being heavier to have a full head of hair and that is because I know I can change my weight. I am not sure I can change my hair.

Aaah...but I suppose the REAL question is not if you could lose the weight, but just stay fat with hair vs. thin and thinning. No chance of changing anything ...then what would you choose?

In my case, I have lost weight in real life, but if I had to choose one over the other, I guess I'd choose thin and thinning. Health over vanity, I suppose.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• 5 months later...
I think the worst thing to be is balding.

Baldness affects over 78% of the male population but death affects 100%

AH HA!! - now what's worse?

See what I did there? The big picture, folks.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

If I had to choose between being heavier and being bald, I honestly don't know. Both of them come with solutions but assuming that I could change the state of my boldness and my weight, I would probably choose to be a bit overweight and then just work out really hard to lose weight and be in the shade my walk. That said, I was always kind of the opposite. I was in shape and losing my hair. I am thankful that I found solutions to my hair loss but I was still nervous wreck at the time because I didn't know how much hair I can really restore and how good it would look, unlike losing weight where I knew with a lot of hard work, it would happen. I don't get me wrong, there are people who work their whole lives and fight against being heavier and some of them may prefer to lose their hair and deal with that problem done trying to lose weight. It'll be interesting to hear what other people have to say.

Best wishes,

Bill

At the risk of sounding cheesy, I think either of these can be overcome with a good personality, great sense of humor, work ethic/drive, talent, confidence, or overall just being a good person.

And while I'm not overweight and now have a good head of hair (so maybe my opinion is garbage - HA!) all I know is that I personally know "heavy set bald guys" who are considered very attractive in my social circle and have no problems dating or living a happy life. Sometimes it really is all about the charm, fellas.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

At the risk of sounding cheesy, I think either of these can be overcome with a good personality, great sense of humor, work ethic/drive, talent, confidence, or overall just being a good person.

This is a non-sense Statement to make one feel good like "size doesn't matter".

Good personality and sense of humor are not related to being fat or balding at all. You can be in good shape, have a great head of hair and (!) have a great personality, go figure. You would rule the world and the nice bald/fat guys are always 2nd winner.

The main difference is that 90 & of all fat people could change their faith (without crazy measures) while 90 % of all balding people can't.

• Like 1

Without question, a full head of hair. If you're in great shape while balding, it is still really shitty. Girls always stare at that bald dome.

Vin Diesel, Jason Stratham, Yul Bryner (google him if you're under 40:D;)) Dwayne Johnson....

If it's one or the other, I think in shape and bald/buzzed takes it every time.

Fat, with a full head of hair...........Nah...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"My wife said I can be fat." "My wife said I can be bald, but I cannot be fat and bald." He went on to say I've tried every diet, so give me some hair."

That was a memorable moment. However, while the gentleman was quite affable, many of his health issues where weight related.

ArochaAngel4247

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

Well I'm not a guy and I check out these forums because I'm planning on fixing my traction alopecia. From a woman's perspective, I would pick a balding fit guy over a overweight guy with the most luscious head of hair every day of the week. Maybe you guys won't believe me because the fact that you're on this website means you have a preoccupation with hair (that's not an insult BTW because I'm here too) but I genuinely believe a lot of times a man looks better with no hair. I think it looks tough and masculine, which I find attractive. I actually came across a study that found people perceive bald guys as more dominant, which makes a lot of sense to me: http://opim.wharton.upenn.edu/DPlab/papers/publishedPapers/Mannes_2012_%20Shorn%20scalps%20and%20perceptions%20of%20male%20dominance.pdf

I've posted a few times regarding this matter saying that most women over 25 would prefer a guy fit and toned who is bald, to a guy who is fat/unfit with a full head of hair, plenty actually prefer the bald look ,

I will qualify this though and say the type of guy women find attractive bald ,is a certain type as stated above, but also the right shaped head and facial features and not forgetting a certain swagger goes along way,unfortunately a lot of guys don't fit that type of look and personality and definitely look better with hair.

Edited by Mick50

• 2 years later...

Good angles, I always thought it would be worse being overweight. Some of those I know who are overweight havent got the motivation to go to the gym, but many have great hair. A frustrating trade off, Im thinning but fit as a fiddle and keep in shape. I get the endorphin buzz but do miss the thicker hair.