Procerin ??

unclemark

• 5 weeks later...

Do your research before making the decision to use medications that are not under FDA-approval. While the promises of the advertisements may be difficult to be skeptical of, be sure you poll other real users of the treatment extensively.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 6 months later...

I completely concur with Robert. I purchased 2 years worth of procerin and had absolutely no results. I started taking it before using finasteride or minoxidil so I was dependent simply on Procerin for an extended period of time. I even tried it with Propecia a year after I initially started taking Procerin and it still did nothing.

They (Procerin) are still claiming they are expecting a government patent and FDA approval but it has not happened...and years have gone by since Procerin was released on the market.

I recommend you save your money for FDA approved medications.

-Kevin

• 4 months later...

This story is concerning procerin.

I experienced shedding with propicia before I heard that it was a normal reaction. My hair was still very thick at that point. I was under the impression that the doctor who gave it to me was giving me something to make me lose my hair in order to increase sales. The doctor also told me that I was not going bald and would not lose much more hair than I already had lost.

Well to get on with the story, I was finally scared off of propicia after five months while seeing my hair becomming thinner and thinner. I switched to Procerin at that time. I let my hair grow and noticed that my hairline had become thicker. After four months of using procerin, I finally got a hair cut and that is when I noticed I had lost a tremendous amount of hair from just behind my hairline to the bottom of my crown. I am now getting comments that I should shave my head. In my opinion, Procerin is a joke and I wish I was more educated about the effects of beginning propecia.

I am now considering a hair transplant, but I am a professional diver. If anyone has any knowledge about the effects of long term exposure of a hair transplant to water, please let me know.

jjoonnyy,

Welcome to the Hair Restoration Research Forums.

I am curious as to what treatments you are using since you stopped the Procerin. Did you restart the Propecia or are you not using any treatment at all? The reason that I ask is that if you shed that much hair in that little bit of time, you are definitely going to have to consider stabilizing your hair loss before considering a hair transplant. Are you considering going back on Propecia or anything else?

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Yeah, I got back on Propicia about a month ago and have not experienced any heavy shedding since. Hopfully it will stay this way so I can take my turn under the knife.

I am just worried about my head being covered all day long in a wetsuit. I am pretty sure I can keep the water off of it, but there would be a serious lack of ventalation. I really don't want to ask a doctor about the effect this might have because I have a feeling they will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you into the chair.

The patient I talked to the first time I was in the doctor's office told me that the water would just keep it clean. Sounded like a pitch.

Has anyone had a sucessful growth from a trasplant while keeping thier head covered a hair piece that doesn't breath?

Your concern is a valid one, so it would be important to

1) Choose from reputable, ethical physicians and

2) Ask more than one physician for his/her opinion.

The Hair Transplant Network recommends physicians based on their merit, skills, and results. You can use the physician locator to find a prescreened physician in your area and view their profile, previous patients and contact information. On each physician's profile there is a blue button on the left side of the screen that enables you to submit information about your hair loss and even photos for an initial diagosis via email. You can ask each physician you are interested in questions as to how the transplanted hair will react under a wet suit.

Just out of curiosity, how long post-op would you need to be diving?

-Robert

I have already decided to make an appointment with Shapiro. I work constantly in the summer and then I can work whenever I want in the winter. So I figure that if I can get an appointment with him, I will get the surgery around October of next year and then take a couple of months off. I am graduating from college in June, so hopfully I will not have to dive again, but probably will. I am hoping that his office will be honest with my situation.

• 9 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Nuhair RX does great growth on existing pore and makes it growth longer.Before i can not find my ends and very tough for combing.I feel far better now and hair is very smoothy.

Edited by jelani