Anyone ever had Lymph nodes (gland) swell recently after HT

Hello everyone,

So I tried searching this topic on the forum and was unsuccessful and figured why not start a new thread. I recently had an HT, and everything is going great. Last night I noticed my lymph node, behind my ear, right side of my neck is a bit swollen. This morning, it seemed to be a bit red. I know I should consult a doctor, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced or read of someone with a similar scenario due to the trauma one receives from the HT.

I read that it can be common after a cut or injury for "a" Lymph node to swell up near the area of the cut or what not, but maybe someone has a bit more insight. I feel fine, but attached photos (looks a bit more swollen in person) to help understand my question. Thanks in advance!

image_zpsy1t6joqe.jpeg

image_zpsu0crqbyx.jpeg

I would think it's from the trauma given what you had done but I certainly would get a medical opinion.

Not to worry. We see this often post-op, it is just due to drainage of fluid from anesthesia and inflammation from the procedure. As long as you are not running a fever, everything should be ok.

Yep, figured that much, I feel fine. No fever at all. Thank you for the prompt input!

As others have mentioned this is normal as long as it goes away in a few days.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/25/2020 at 8:12 AM, vinay741147 said:

I took HT on 07 th of December 2020,

After HT couple of days later i have noticed some swollen lymph nodes on neck Its almost 15  days still I have few enlarged lymph nodes. Is this normal?

I know this is an old post, but did your lymph node issues resolve? I’m at 2 weeks now and experiencing the same issue. 

• 5 months later...
On 6/4/2021 at 10:10 PM, Jreinhal said:

I know this is an old post, but did your lymph node issues resolve? I’m at 2 weeks now and experiencing the same issue. 

I had the same issue and it resolved in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 12/25/2020 at 8:12 AM, vinay741147 said:

I took HT on 07 th of December 2020,

After HT couple of days later i have noticed some swollen lymph nodes on neck Its almost 15  days still I have few enlarged lymph nodes. Is this normal?

Hey @vinay741147 did you got resolved your lymph nodes issue ? I have got the same now and it’s been two weeks. If you got resolved then in how many days those are gone ?