head soooo itchy after transplant - help!

It goes away pretty quickly but is definitely a bit annoying! Just don't scratch!!!!

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

Itching can be caused by several factors.

The most common cause is simply the healing process. As donor sites begin to heal, they will scab over, leaving you with an itchy, tingly feeling in that area.

While itching is not dangerous (except in the very rare cases when it is caused by infection), it can be very irritating. At present just use saline spray and after two weeks you can use Aloe Vera jel

During the first month, you should avoid scratching your head and irritating the healing tissues. However, after that initial period, gentle massages may help the itching and stimulate healing.

I had a transplant 3 days ago and my head is incredibly itchy in the recipient area.

What can i do? It's driving me crazy?

I feel your pain .. or itch. I had my surgery 5 days ago and the itching and tingling sensations drive me a little crazy at times, have to fight the urge to touch/scratch it. As others have said, its the healing process and will go away soon enough .. at least thats what I keep telling myself. :D

I'm getting this also, day 3 after my surgery.

I'm finding that the itching is actually mostly in my untouched hair, probably because it's the part i have the most feeling in?

what's helping me just now is spraying my head with the saline spray in a kind of mist, before i was spraying it quite close but spraying a mist over the full head is keeping it a bit more at bay.

After one week passes by, try using a rich aloe vera shampoo and cream rinse. It will help with cooling your scalp and relieve the itchy sensation...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I had to use 1/2 pill of the pain med prescribed and that took care of the itching. Maybe some advil etc might help.

I wouldn't have been able to work otherwise, it drove me crazy also.

Pain narcotics can also cause itching.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY