Konior hairline restoration

Reyes1

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking great man, these are the fun times.

Enjoy it!

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 2 months later...

How's it going guys. I've been off the radar for a bit due to given circumstances but not a lot to report in the last few months. Still waiting and hoping for a bit more density but these photos are under very bright lights. The first pics are briefly blow dried hair. The second set are with rogaine foam slicked back. I ditched the hats for good (felt so good to do so) and I am using water based wax and clay from hanz de fuko in order to style my hair wet with my hands which is truly the best way to do so, at least for me, to play off the lack of density. Under direct sun light though you can still see my scalp on the hair line area. It is still very early to truly judge or provide any feedback, but all in all, even if this was it, I would have not chosen another surgeon other than, Dr. Konior.

I am extremely happy with the results so far. I am noticing more density on one side of my hairline as opposed to the other but I have spoken to a few members and they inform me that uneven density is normal and part of the process. Everyone is different and will yield different result patterns. I have been using t gel and t sal once a week, organic baby shampoo and recently switched to hanz de fuko organic natural shampoo/conditioner. I have yet to add nizoral but I will do so once every 1-2 weeks. I have also continued to use rogaine foam once a day prior to bed time and on Fin 1mg daily. Also not exactly sure what to do with the grey grafted hairs on my hairline :rolleyes: Any other suggestions, opinions, or questions welcomed! Thanks for reading!

DSC02006_zps3uifzsjf.jpg

DSC02005_zpsnn2zytui.jpg

DSC02004_zpslblgjosr.jpg

DSC02003_zpsdmbpz8wh.jpg

DSC02008_zpsx3k5bxyr.jpg

DSC02009_zpszrsoys45.jpg

DSC02010_zpslqfinyig.jpg

DSC02011_zpsfh43qzvy.jpg

DSC02012_zpsjgmeutyx.jpg

Nice.

Here's a pic of mine at 7 months just to show the density was not complete either.

SAM_1026.JPG.30e9f88f5fc2af9375226cb5854dd1f2.JPG

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Nice.

Here's a pic of mine at 7 months just to show the density was not complete either.

I am with you, Matt! Thanks for always chiming in and being very helpful!

Those are some bright lights. Great pics. I say keep the gray. Mine is really coming in. I like it. Looking forward to seeing this at twelve months.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Those are some bright lights. Great pics. I say keep the gray. Mine is really coming in. I like it. Looking forward to seeing this at twelve months.

Thanks, Spanker. I thought so as well, I'll decide more towards the 12 month period what to do with those greys.

Looking awesome!

I'm right behind you, hitting my 6-month milestone on May 23rd (Hence I'll be posting new update pictures very soon).

Dr. Gabel (who I gather worked very closely with Dr. Konior in the past and exhibits very similar processes and attention to detail - not to mention they wrote a hair transplantation book together) did my procedure - which was also largely advancing my frontal hairline much like your situation here. I'm in a similar boat, awaiting density. If my past experiences have taught me anything however, there is still quite a bit of growing to do!

If your procedure goes anything like my multiple ones in the past went, then in the coming months your new hair in that newly-transplanted area will thicken up a bit more, and also sort of "calm down" and become less unruly/wiry and start to follow a more trained, natural, uniform pattern which, in addition to the increase in density, will really start to look nice very soon!

Looking great - keep us posted!

Very good results....remember, that's in bright light. VERY FEW transplants are going to look 100% full in bright light. Heck, most people without thinning are going to have scalp showing in bright light.

Youre right come to think of it. From what I seen Konior has shown consistent work. Like his dense packin sessions.

I just pray my transplant is successful when the time comes to get it. Nervous even thinking about it. But cant suffer with less hair though.

Looking awesome!

I'm right behind you, hitting my 6-month milestone on May 23rd (Hence I'll be posting new update pictures very soon).

Dr. Gabel (who I gather worked very closely with Dr. Konior in the past and exhibits very similar processes and attention to detail - not to mention they wrote a hair transplantation book together) did my procedure - which was also largely advancing my frontal hairline much like your situation here. I'm in a similar boat, awaiting density. If my past experiences have taught me anything however, there is still quite a bit of growing to do!

If your procedure goes anything like my multiple ones in the past went, then in the coming months your new hair in that newly-transplanted area will thicken up a bit more, and also sort of "calm down" and become less unruly/wiry and start to follow a more trained, natural, uniform pattern which, in addition to the increase in density, will really start to look nice very soon!

Looking great - keep us posted!

Thanks for the info and feedback! I didn't even know Dr. Konior wrote a book! I may have to pick up a copy. We're definitely past the hump, I anticipate all good things from here on out. I am sure we can all relate to the huge elephant off our shoulders with the hair loss. I hope I won't need a second surgery in the future, but if I do, I just hope Dr.K hasn't retired by then.

Looks great and right on track Reyes, and I'm sure you have much more maturing to do!! Thanks for the updates!

Thank you for the positive feedback!

Very good results....remember, that's in bright light. VERY FEW transplants are going to look 100% full in bright light. Heck, most people without thinning are going to have scalp showing in bright light.

Thanks and yep, I am with you. I'll be posting some pics without the bright lighting soon.

Youre right come to think of it. From what I seen Konior has shown consistent work. Like his dense packin sessions.

I just pray my transplant is successful when the time comes to get it. Nervous even thinking about it. But cant suffer with less hair though.

I too was very nervous the night before, but it is a breeze. I rather get a hair transplant than having a tooth pulled out. Price wise varies with needed grafts and paying top dollar for a good doctor is what I will recommend all day over saving money and possibly not being happy with the results or what not.

Here are a few pics styled by hand with Hanz de Fuko pomade (stuff is really good and washes off like a shamoo not leaving hair gunky)

I am so grateful for this forum who has led me to the hands of such an amazing surgeon. Dr. Konior is first class. Even if my density concern doesn't allow me to style my hair dry for the time being (hopefully temporary) I am extremely happy to have been able to ditch the hats for good and style my hair damp by hand. No more toppik or gallons of alcohol harming hair sprays. All feedback is appreciated and feel free to ask any questions. Thank you!

IMG_0489.thumb.jpg.c320da52d22d2eb74b7eae11782f92ed.jpg

IMG_0485.thumb.jpg.33cb3cc5346850d6b412f15dfc327c8f.jpg

IMG_0487.thumb.jpg.9a1032820936b3f2a22e95ebeecb38d0.jpg

Here are a few pics styled by hand with Hanz de Fuko pomade (stuff is really good and washes off like a shamoo not leaving hair gunky)

I am so grateful for this forum who has led me to the hands of such an amazing surgeon. Dr. Konior is first class. Even if my density concern doesn't allow me to style my hair dry for the time being (hopefully temporary) I am extremely happy to have been able to ditch the hats for good and style my hair damp by hand. No more toppik or gallons of alcohol harming hair sprays. All feedback is appreciated and feel free to ask any questions. Thank you!

Looking great!

I hear you re: styling dry post HT. Seems it always looks better with a bit of product

But most non-HT people use/need styling products as well.

Congratulations!