Konior hairline restoration

Reyes1

I think it depends on how big a surgery Konior does. I had 3800 grafts done, and the surgery was big enough that he first cut a strip out from the right side of my head. Then he cut one out of the left.

And yes, I had both sutures and staples. Staples came out like 3 or 4 days after surgery...I can't remember exactly when.

Haven't really been on the boards in a couple of years and nothing has changed! Dr K still the man! That's gonna be a great result!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice, yes I have heard great things about his incisions. Did he happen to use a combination of staples and sutures?

Yep, he used both. The staples came off 2 days after. No big deal at all. I then have to take off the sutures after 10 days. On day 14, post surgery, you can get a normal haircut, which at that point buzz cutting the rest to match the grafted zone would be ideal.

Haven't really been on the boards in a couple of years and nothing has changed! Dr K still the man! That's gonna be a great result!

Thank you much! He is very much so. The procedure was so smooth and almost painless, I am already contemplating a second surgery for crown area thinning, and possibly moving temple points forward a bit. I am just waiting to see how it looks after it starts to grow out. Dr.K's high demand is well very deserved.

Yep, he used both. The staples came off 2 days after. No big deal at all. I then have to take off the sutures after 10 days. On day 14, post surgery, you can get a normal haircut, which at that point buzz cutting the rest to match the grafted zone would be ideal.

Thank you much! He is very much so. The procedure was so smooth and almost painless, I am already contemplating a second surgery for crown area thinning, and possibly moving temple points forward a bit. I am just waiting to see how it looks after it starts to grow out. Dr.K's high demand is well very deserved.

Agreed!

I'm trying to reach him now for my next procedure, and I'm completely happy with Rahal. Just geography

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Looks great, you're in excellent hands with a real hairline master. Now you just need to sit back and enjoy the ride. Happy growing to you

Thank you much!

Thanks for the donor pics Reyes! That looks super clean, can't get better. I am booked with Dr. K that's why I am curious

You're welcome, feel free to PM any questions you may have. The procedure is a breeze, and being nervous the day before is normal. Believe me though, the process is smooth, and my next procedure, if so, I definitely won't be nervous at all. Just take your time deciding where your hairline is drawn out, and walk up to a standing mirror to see it, rather than just relying on a hand held mirror. Dr.K is the best so you have nothing to worry about at all.

Congratulations.

Can a representative for Dr. Konior confirm whether the combination of sutures and staples are necessary for each procedure. If not, when must the combination be used and when is each removed? Thank you.

Research, research, research!

Doctors I'm considering:

FUT:

-Feller

-Hasson

-Konior

Congratulations.

Can a representative for Dr. Konior confirm whether the combination of sutures and staples are necessary for each procedure. If not, when must the combination be used and when is each removed? Thank you.

Thank you! Combination of both varies individually, not every will have both staples and sutures. Staples are removed after 2-6 days, sutures are removed after 10-14 days.

Regimen ready! Some of 1978Matts' suggestions. Hope I don't encounter any ED side effects with the fin! :o - fingers crossed!

Basically not much to report on day 8 other than scabs and peeling, I am sure things will be slightly different once the shock loss kicks in. Sutures coming off this weekend, and may be buzzing down to a 1 or 2 all over, except the grafted area. Curious to see how the scar will look.

image_zpsu5etdi7f.jpeg

I.just use head and shoulders. I would advise using the niz sparingly.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Regimen ready! Some of 1978Matts' suggestions. Hope I don't encounter any ED side effects with the fin! :o - fingers crossed!

Basically not much to report on day 8 other than scabs and peeling, I am sure things will be slightly different once the shock loss kicks in. Sutures coming off this weekend, and may be buzzing down to a 1 or 2 all over, except the grafted area. Curious to see how the scar will look.

image_zpsu5etdi7f.jpeg

Just to clarify I wouldn't use any of them more than once a week. My reasons are to keep away a previously dry and irritated crown area. If you don't have this I'd never go more than once a week and maybe only use nizoral.

Id do nizoral on a Saturday, t gel Monday, t sal Wednesday.

Anyone else reading I'd check with your doc how long post op you should wait before using them.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Just to clarify I wouldn't use any of them more than once a week. My reasons are to keep away a previously dry and irritated crown area. If you don't have this I'd never go more than once a week and maybe only use nizoral.

Id do nizoral on a Saturday, t gel Monday, t sal Wednesday.

Anyone else reading I'd check with your doc how long post op you should wait before using them.

Yep! Dr. K said the same, keep it to once a week. The Nizoral directions actually say only use for up to 8 weeks. I should know from Dr. K soon as to when one should commence use post op. Thanks again, Matt!

Just a quick update of Day 10. Shortly after the suture removal, I decided to buzz cut my hair down and even out the rest, as looking like a mad man was no longer an option! I blended the back as much as I possibly could around the scar, and I am very happy with the turn out for now until it starts to grow out. I will also continue applying neosporin scar ointment for a couple weeks. Dr. Konior's incisions are truly amazing.

Now that my hair is short you can see how horrible the thinning is in the crown area, as this was not as noticeable with my hair being long. Since I may not want to be on fin/minoxidil for life risking side effects, I foresee myself booking a second procedure with Dr. K later this year, for the following year. Behind grafted hair, crown work, lack of frontal density (if any) and possible temple point touch up. Now I just gotta find the right aloe lotion for the dry scalp.

DSC01187_zpspxtajrpc.jpg

DSC01181_zps46javvah.jpg

DSC01183_zpsbwm3zuky.jpg

DSC01185_zpsoyisism2.jpg

DSC01189_zpshwroydcm.jpg

DSC01195_zpsqsjipodf.jpg

DSC01193_zps2wovduau.jpg

Looking really good and typical Konior clean work which heals quickly with minimum redness even at just 10 days.

Should be an awesome result

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Looking really good and typical Konior clean work which heals quickly with minimum redness even at just 10 days.

Should be an awesome result

Thank you! Also have to thank you for all the great threads you've made with such valuable information. I've read quite a few and it has definitely cleared lots of things up for me on the do's and dont's, eg; Ketoconazole use. Currently researching good post op hair loss shampoo's to use. Came across this link, may be helpful to some. Still torn though.

The Best Hair Loss Shampoo To Stimulate Hair Growth (2016)

Dr Konior seems to design some fantastic hairlines. I like the fact he does most of the critical aspects of the work himself. Looks like clean work and I cant wait to see it grown out in the months ahead. Thanks for sharing your progress.

Everything looks awesome for the 10 day mark. I can't believe how thin and clean the scar looks at this point. I'm guessing in just a few weeks it will be a non issue. Your redness also seems very minimal already. This will be a fantastic result.

Dr Konior seems to design some fantastic hairlines. I like the fact he does most of the critical aspects of the work himself. Looks like clean work and I cant wait to see it grown out in the months ahead. Thanks for sharing your progress.

Thanks for the input, Sean. Glad I can provide others with a look into Dr Koniors amazing work!

Everything looks awesome for the 10 day mark. I can't believe how thin and clean the scar looks at this point. I'm guessing in just a few weeks it will be a non issue. Your redness also seems very minimal already. This will be a fantastic result.

Thank you! I foresee a great result as well, I am excited for the months to come. I will be updating monthly.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some 30 day post op photos! I still have some stubborn scabs lingering around. I have been on fin 1mg daily and Minoxidil 5% rogaine foam once a day. Using baby shampoo 1-2 times a day. I am hoping this is the most I will shed, as you can see most of my grafted hairs have already fallen off. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

DSC01205_zps7lsrgpgd.jpg

DSC01201_zps3eg8daup.jpg

DSC01203_zpst9n6s57s.jpg

DSC01199_zpscjfxsg7v.jpg

DSC01197_zpsas0cgxze.jpg

DSC01198_zps4hlihb04.jpg

Sam, those scabs and crusts are definitely holding on. I'd of thought you'd mostly be in the clear by one month's time. Maybe not washing thoroughly enough? Have you asked Konior about this just to be sure? Also, how's the scar looking and feeling after 30 days?

your scar looks amazing at this stage,does dr konior use liposomal atp spray post op, in a few months things will start to grow n the fun begins.also does dr.konior plant between native hair or do you have to shave down the receipt area.good luck and heres to a hairy future.