I am a 25 years old guy from India. Recently, I got my hair transplant by Dr. Cinik from Istanbul. Firstly, it took a lot of courage to think about getting the transplant done since I was traveling alone and it was a big step for someone my age. But once I met Dr. Cinik, my perception completely changed.

Dr. Cinik is really cool and calm guy. Initially, I was a bit afraid about the transplant, but due to his attitude and confidence I felt comfortable to go ahead with the procedure. In fact, he responds quite quickly to whatever queries I had and assured me that things would be fine and kept up to his word. Since I workout in the gym quite often, he even instructed me on what supplements I could use and provided scientific justification for each. I can't appreciate him enough for all the support he is providing even after having 100's of patients. I sincerely thank him for his commitment towards the patients. I strongly believe, while getting a cosmetic surgery it is very important for having the right mindset, and Dr. Cinik gets you in that aura.

Furthermore, I would like to take this opportunity on answering any questions related to the hair transplant with Dr. Cinik and the overall experience and/ or cost related issues. Before I went for the transplant, I did a lot of research, and I do not think it is possible to get a better price for the transplant with maximum grafts. In any case, I will update my pictures and how my transplant works out regularly. Cheers!!

20160922_184300.thumb.jpg.be587e4fcd79c05cca0572866c43987f.jpg

IMG-20160922-WA0001.thumb.jpg.c1329b32af3bee8cd92a851668f66157.jpg

IMG-20160922-WA0003.thumb.jpg.0d8c4dfc8941eeb8676e1585263eb1ae.jpg

IMG-20160922-WA0000.thumb.jpg.5b74c4817605915e7747d75c56580218.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a 25 years old guy from India. Recently, I got my hair transplant by Dr. Cinik from Istanbul. Firstly, it took a lot of courage to think about getting the transplant done since I was traveling alone and it was a big step for someone my age. But once I met Dr. Cinik, my perception completely changed.

Dr. Cinik is really cool and calm guy. Initially, I was a bit afraid about the transplant, but due to his attitude and confidence I felt comfortable to go ahead with the procedure. In fact, he responds quite quickly to whatever queries I had and assured me that things would be fine and kept up to his word. Since I workout in the gym quite often, he even instructed me on what supplements I could use and provided scientific justification for each. I can't appreciate him enough for all the support he is providing even after having 100's of patients. I sincerely thank him for his commitment towards the patients. I strongly believe, while getting a cosmetic surgery it is very important for having the right mindset, and Dr. Cinik gets you in that aura.

Furthermore, I would like to take this opportunity on answering any questions related to the hair transplant with Dr. Cinik and the overall experience and/ or cost related issues. Before I went for the transplant, I did a lot of research, and I do not think it is possible to get a better price for the transplant with maximum grafts. In any case, I will update my pictures and how my transplant works out regularly. Cheers!!

how many grafts?

how much?

how many grafts?

how much?

1990 euros, I had 3800 grafts in total from back of the head- 2500, beard- 800 and Chest- 500. Also, the price is fixed irrespective of the number of grafts. For example, if they can extract 4000 above, the price will still remain the same, inclusive of everything. Dr. Cinik will provide you with his own shampoo as well and this is also included in the price.

adigo,

Welcome to our community and thank you for sharing your experience. The photos you presented, I see marker lines so I assume the photos you presented are before pictures? Do you have any after photos, at least immediately post-ops since it sounds like you just had the procedure.

I am not familiar with your doctor but I look forward to learning more.

Best wishes,

Bill

adigo,

Welcome to our community and thank you for sharing your experience. The photos you presented, I see marker lines so I assume the photos you presented are before pictures? Do you have any after photos, at least immediately post-ops since it sounds like you just had the procedure.

I am not familiar with your doctor but I look forward to learning more.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hello Bill,

Thank you for your greetings. Yes the photos I presented are before the hair surgery, but along with it I have posted one picture immediately after post- op. In any case, if you are not able to view it, do let me know and I shall post it again. Also, I shall update my pictures after a week. But as of now, my head is in the healing phase.

Regards

Aditya

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your new pictures. What made you decide to have your HT in Istanbul?

Thanks

Hi Ozzy,

Its my pleasure to share my experience. The question you ask is an important one, following are the reasons:

1. Currently, I am studying in Europe doing my masters and the location of Istanbul being quite close was a big factor in selecting it.

2. You may ask, why not in Europe? But as of now the minimum quotation in Europe I could obtain was anywhere between 2600- 3000 euros for 2000 grafts. In Istanbul, they were offering a better price ( 2000 euros) for maximum number of grafts, which in my case is 3800 grafts. Plus, Dr. Cinik's price included a 2 night stay at a 4 star hotel in Istanbul. Plus, you get the shampoo, free PRP included (multiple sessions) and also a 10 year guarantee certificate that in case the transplant went wrong, he would do the surgery for free. I don't think you can get this price while not compromising on quality anywhere else in the world.

3. You would also reason that the hair transplant would be much cheaper in India, yes it maybe cheaper, but the cost to go and come back would add 600-700 euros more, which was not an option even in the first place. I planned well in advance and I got a return ticket from Rome to Istanbul for 100 euros both ways.

4. Istanbul is the hub for hair transplant surgery and it has really good quality, so for sure it is a great value for money.

5. Lastly, as I see you are from Belgium, if you consider getting the HT done, Istanbul is the place.

If you need anymore information or contact details of the doctor, you can always email me as well. My email ID is adigo91@gmail.com

Hope this helps to answer your question.

Regards

Aditya

Hello,

Yes I use an anti hair loss shampoo by the brand Hairpower and along with this I use a multivitamin and biotin supplement capsule. I am also taking 1/4th of finasteride every single day to support the hair growth.

Do you use any shampoo or vitamin after surgery? Did they recommend any meditation or anythng else?

Hey guys!!

These are the pictures after the 1st week of completion after the hair transplant. The pain in the head has subsided and I feel more comfortable in doing daily activities. I still have to sleep on my back, but it is only for another one week I hope so. I have been using the hydration shampoo and hair foam given by Dr. Cinik ( in case I did not mention this, It is included in the price of the transplant) and it smells really good. It is a bit time consuming because first you have the apply the hair foam for about 30 minutes and then wash it off and use the shampoo next. But, it is just for a temporary period. After may be a few more days, I will stop and start using the anti hair loss shampoo from the brand Hair power along with the a multivitamin and biotin supplement. Also, I will be using finasteride.

This week I also wanted to suggest on how to cover your hair in case you are short of ideas. Firstly, you can purchase a round hat instead of a cap (since the patch would be visible) and also grow a beard alongside. If you have any other suggestions please let me know as well. And please keep the questions coming in.

Cheers!!

Aditya

IMG-20161001-WA0011.thumb.jpg.4d9fed782136397c7b07c3fd68d42988.jpg

IMG-20161001-WA0004.thumb.jpg.7a05684b9bb982a5e4731d4a32be782b.jpg

IMG-20161001-WA0006.thumb.jpg.5bde25b457358dfbe2df0daea3d61e1e.jpg

IMG-20161001-WA0009.thumb.jpg.eea22e2422ca902b2605344c83743d2a.jpg

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for taking your time to share your experience with us. Yes I live in Belgium and considering to have a HT operation in Istanbul. Currently I am in contact with several clinics and doctors. Dr Cinik is one of them. So far nothing negative, he has responded all my queries quite fast. He estimated around 3500 grafts to obtain a visible density.

Keep posting please.

[

QUOTE=adigo91;2484720]Hi Ozzy,

Its my pleasure to share my experience. The question you ask is an important one, following are the reasons:

1. Currently, I am studying in Europe doing my masters and the location of Istanbul being quite close was a big factor in selecting it.

2. You may ask, why not in Europe? But as of now the minimum quotation in Europe I could obtain was anywhere between 2600- 3000 euros for 2000 grafts. In Istanbul, they were offering a better price ( 2000 euros) for maximum number of grafts, which in my case is 3800 grafts. Plus, Dr. Cinik's price included a 2 night stay at a 4 star hotel in Istanbul. Plus, you get the shampoo, free PRP included (multiple sessions) and also a 10 year guarantee certificate that in case the transplant went wrong, he would do the surgery for free. I don't think you can get this price while not compromising on quality anywhere else in the world.

3. You would also reason that the hair transplant would be much cheaper in India, yes it maybe cheaper, but the cost to go and come back would add 600-700 euros more, which was not an option even in the first place. I planned well in advance and I got a return ticket from Rome to Istanbul for 100 euros both ways.

4. Istanbul is the hub for hair transplant surgery and it has really good quality, so for sure it is a great value for money.

5. Lastly, as I see you are from Belgium, if you consider getting the HT done, Istanbul is the place.

If you need anymore information or contact details of the doctor, you can always email me as well. My email ID is adigo91@gmail.com

Hope this helps to answer your question.

Regards

Aditya

• 2 weeks later...
1990 euros, I had 3800 grafts in total from back of the head- 2500, beard- 800 and Chest- 500. Also, the price is fixed irrespective of the number of grafts. For example, if they can extract 4000 above, the price will still remain the same, inclusive of everything. Dr. Cinik will provide you with his own shampoo as well and this is also included in the price.

really very convenient price by the number of grafts

Hello again!!

So its been a while ( 15days) since I posted progress pictures of my hair transplant. Therefore, this post is for the previous week. I will post another post following this immediately. After the first week, the scabs started falling off and I could give a good scrub to the transplanted area to remove it all off. My scalp is still a bit itchy but I had to control myself from scratching it. It is difficult, but you get used to it in a while. The shampoo and foam I was using is now replaced by the anti- hair loss shampoo by the brand Hair Power (HP). I hope my posts are helping you to understand the processes you go through before, during and after the hair transplant.

Have a wonderful day ahead!!

Aditya

IMG-20161006-WA0001.thumb.jpg.232515b0f816ec806f8546586f94776e.jpg

IMG-20161006-WA0003.thumb.jpg.08a99f253d40b1eaa1abadcd81b4b42e.jpg

IMG-20161006-WA0005.thumb.jpg.7a6029d5dfd48c43e1fd2b0751132222.jpg

IMG-20161006-WA0007.thumb.jpg.a29e439073d7ced5f335362b0b4cbff1.jpg

Hi Kalvin,

I accidentally missed your post. Well, in my case, I did not have shock loss, in fact it was quite minimum. Also, if you look at my before the transplant pictures, you would notice that I had lot of hair even before the transplant, so its kind of hard to notice it. Thanks for your question.

Aditya

• 2 weeks later...

Hello wonderful people,

Sorry for the late update. I was caught up in academics the past few weeks. I did manage to get my pictures for week 3 and following this post is the 4 weeks (1 month update). My transplanted hair has not fallen off yet, but I think it shall soon fall, only to grow back again stronger and thicker. Apart from that, I am really happy that I will be able to start weight training and hitting the gym once 1 month is over. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to write to me. I will surely reply ASAP.

Have a beautiful day ahead!!

Aditya

5b32f00630f31_IMG-20161012-WA00011.thumb.jpg.91680213c16e721f354d0225c19790e6.jpg

5b32f00660c96_IMG-20161012-WA00081.thumb.jpg.389c700197cb3b49eed7dd0bf059f888.jpg

5b32f00674618_IMG-20161012-WA00031.thumb.jpg.6f03280f1a028c26dcc53848764aa515.jpg

5b32f0068e0e6_IMG-20161012-WA00051.thumb.jpg.200c960841bfb9e289a43379dbcc933b.jpg

Hello again,

One month is down and I feel happy. Only 11 more months to go to see the 100% result!! Well, yes, by 5-7 months, more than 70% growth is covered up, but I am only looking for the final rep. It seems the transplanted hair has slowly started to fall off and now the other areas of the hair are growing rapidly. Also, from tomorrow, I can start weight training, so I am really excited about it. During the past one month I have put on a few kilos and now its time to shred. In the next post I will cover the effect of weight training and if there are any side effects or other problems due to it. I hope it should not be an issue, just have to start a bit lighter. Well, in terms of the transplant, I still feel good. I usually do not think about it, and that works best for me, because once its off my mind, I feel positive anyway. I hardly even look at the mirror. Also, important thing is to keep yourself busy at all times!! Hope this insight helps during your transplant, because as humans there are so many different doubts and frustrations we have to deal with when we are expecting something so badly.

Till then,

Ciao from Rome

Aditya

IMG_20161023_143638.thumb.jpg.2590c203cb562128abccbe5c75575d7c.jpg

IMG_20161023_143710.thumb.jpg.7f00d229a9121abc0df06a3fdf426102.jpg

IMG_20161023_143719.thumb.jpg.85ceb5bb13543c8d9072f05d0e6e124e.jpg

IMG_20161023_143740.thumb.jpg.4f28afd7f0bb59437dbf365e260b56db.jpg

IMG_20161023_143844.thumb.jpg.bb3a4da46f03f846c5cf231e2958132d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

So far, it has been going well, my itching is starting to drop a bit. And I started taking a high protein diet now along with my training. The first few days in the gym seemed a bit heavy, but somehow my body has adapted pretty well to this change in diet and exercise. The big bald spot at the crown is quite visible now and all the transplanted hair scabs have fallen off. I usually cover my hair in public with my hat, and I am attaching the image of that as well along with the post. What do you think of my new look? Do you think I should keep it or change my hat?

Apart from this, I think my medications are going well as planned. The anti hair loss shampoo should take effect soon enough. I already feel like I had a rebirth of some kind. Stay tuned for future updates and keep the questions coming through. You guys keep me motivated.

CHeers!!

IMG-20161106-WA0006.thumb.jpg.d236830c45e48215fc33b8ce554131ca.jpg

IMG-20161106-WA0008.thumb.jpg.e2135a43d54e554c9f434e42c55246b1.jpg

IMG-20161106-WA0010.thumb.jpg.a2b11b873b93edaff6d0bcf837c26928.jpg

IMG-20161106-WA0012.thumb.jpg.1b3ce5cd133e8bfc5fea587c04a0ec2e.jpg

IMG-20161106-WA0014.thumb.jpg.407db43ad84dd743eabebb54e548a3ad.jpg

me.jpg.143446b416953dc21a4e1653af9930d2.jpg

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for sharing.

What do you mean by high protein diet? Do you take some supplements like whey and amino? Kan this have any affect on your hair grow, good or bad? I think if you use whey you should make sure that it is pure and steroid free.

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for sharing.

What do you mean by high protein diet? Do you take some supplements like whey and amino? Kan this have any affect on your hair grow, good or bad? I think if you use whey you should make sure that it is pure and steroid free.

Hi Alex,

I'm glad you asked this question. Yes, the high protein diet means to incorporate whey protein, Branched chain amino acids, glutamine and a multivitamin. The doctor says it's really good for hair growth as it increases the muscle protein synthesis which also helps with hair growth indirectly. Of course, I am a a natural bodybuilder and I never use steroids and I really hope never to use them in the future as well. I buy my protein from a UK vendor and it's called myprotein.com and the protein is called impact whey protein. I know there are even better products, but it's quite expensive, so this is the best one that fits in my overall budget.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello amazing people!!

I just had the 8 week pictures taken yesterday. My hair has started to get a bit thicker on the outer areas, the inner portion will still take sometime to fill up. The transplanted tiny hairs have started to sprout, but still not very visible. Hopefully, the next time I post some pictures, it should be more visible. I also had put on a lot of weight from the summers and post the transplant, I had put on even more due to no exercise for probably 3 months and living in Italy, its kind off difficult to avoid the different variety of dishes. But, for the past 4 weeks, as I mentioned before, I was on a low fat, medium carb and high protein diet. It help me to shed off 5-6 kgs, which I am really happy about. Although, I still need to reach my target weight, I feel lighter and stronger. This transformation along with the hair transplant seems to be working pretty good.

Till Next time,

Ciaoo e tutti!!:):)

IMG_3142.thumb.jpg.b26e3de2025577873aab0fd909ec03db.jpg

IMG_3141.thumb.jpg.0fdc60b5ccd0411695a5d204925a49dc.jpg

IMG_3140.thumb.jpg.eec8da261fe17604ed91a5ae3b28c845.jpg

IMG_3139.thumb.jpg.76e2d03aceddbae6f4502162a5d2ebc7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey people!!

Firstly, a very HAPPY NEW YEAR and I hope you all had a wonderful time during the vacations. In the past 2 weeks I have seen lot of growth all over my scalp and I feel happy that the hair is finally taking its growth. The training has been going on very well apart from an incident that happened recently.

Few days back I had palpitations and I felt really dizzy, just as if I was going to fall. I think it was because my caffeine intake went really high, and since I am caffeine sensitive, it was even worse. Anyway, long story short, I ended up doing some research on finasteride (propecia) as I initially thought that was the reason for the palpitations.

I found at that there are some people who had palpitations from finasteride if the dose was higher than 2.5 mg per day, while they were working out. Now the tablet that I have been given is 5 mg, but I have 1/4th of it everyday, which is much lower than the amount to have palpitations. It may vary just a little bit depending on the individual and the intensity of the workout.

Finally, after consulting with the Doctor, it was clearly just caffeine that made me have palpitations, but in any case, I hope this information is helpful for others who are consuming finasteride on a daily basis, and in case you are suffering from the same, please lower your dosage by half or consult with your Doctor once again.

Regards

Aditya

IMG_3283.thumb.jpg.27c1e7a0ce1cd8cc62b887d9c54e3fd1.jpg

IMG_3284.thumb.jpg.dbe4d03887244eb1c2b8bb6a28946915.jpg

IMG_3285.thumb.jpg.60fe5af7e2f3344a2784126c321f8196.jpg

IMG_3286.thumb.jpg.0b4465645e860d1a565cef66a22d9fc3.jpg

IMG_3287.thumb.jpg.9374c186d29479d0bcb6985c5f7ea926.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

Recently, I crossed the 3 month mark and so far it has been a wonderful journey. I would like to thank this entire community for keeping me accountable during this period.

Today I would like to speak a bit about the HT results. When I started this journey, I did not know whether I would be able to sustain even so long. The frustrations that can come with this process can be stressful. There are some days where you think, is it going to work?? And self doubt starts to set in from within. I can say this happens to almost 100% of the people for sure, because as humans, it is our nature to expect and there is nothing wrong with that. What is more important is to acknowledge these expectations.

Some of the major causes for higher expectations is looking at others results. You put yourself in that person's shoes and then start expecting the same. A similar incident occurred a few weeks ago with me. I was looking at some videos on successful hair transplants, and consequently started looking at the results in my hair everyday. Before this, I never thought about the HT so much and just let the weeks pass through. It was the first time I was getting agitated because I was not seeing the same results as that guy in the video. This is when I realized how important it is to not get influenced by such things and only focus on the finish line. This works for me and somehow I stopped staring in the mirror as before. I hope this helps on the HT journey you have embarked.

Have a wonderful day ahead!!;)

Aditya

IMG_3322.thumb.jpg.90e46a93a5c2a60f10eb96495a80c7d8.jpg

IMG_3317.thumb.jpg.3f6e4337c776d8d16ba8cad6fd737769.jpg

IMG_3319.thumb.jpg.d8c4a529a5998c612caa64e8d128f2e7.jpg

IMG_3320.thumb.jpg.3f55269b83d9ce6741bc84af20d459de.jpg

IMG_3315.thumb.jpg.6b6e864f669b3b42b019db8eeee2af45.jpg