2700 Grafts FUE - Tue 11th October 2016 - Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED Istanbul

JustJax

I am slightly concerned that I will have a break down when they actually shave my hair off! Ha ha!

Short term pain, long term gain!

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Day 6 and 7 - Sunday 16th, Monday 17th October

So not much to report yesterday so I didn't bother posting. I'm still stressing a little with the washing each day so eagerly waiting for Thursday which will be 9 days post surgery (at which point the grafts should be anchored and safe) so I can work on the scabs. Speaking of scabs, I have loads of little brown scabs come off from the donor area today, like loads! Not sure what they were because I still have some red scabs visible but I was quite pleased either way.

In terms of the recipient hair, I'm actually a little concerned about this as it looks a little patchy at present. I know it's quite scabby at the moment so you can't really tell I guess, but it's sure looks patchy on one side. I just hope one the scabs come off that's not the case. I have emailed a picture to Asmed to get their comments, just awaiting feedback. Hopefully I've just overly worrying. On the plus side, the redness has definitely gone down.

Anyway, some pics from today. All are outside and first is from this morning and the other three are from late afternoon.

BTW, sorry some of them as rotated and I don't know why as they aren't on my iPhone.

IMG_3322.thumb.jpg.53ab74e47a71bb47e7a34f51e9ff4670.jpg

IMG_3327.thumb.jpg.4d2880f160dc59badb02c182bb15b1ca.jpg

IMG_3332.thumb.jpg.cb75a20eaa080042544366212b58eb87.jpg

IMG_3329.thumb.jpg.9d060b278dbf40c291fcd5ab14c4d971.jpg

looking good JustJax, hoping it all continues well for you mate!

g'day DEB1982, i'll also be there on Tuesday the 13th of December for the procedure so i'll meet you there on the day and at the hotel i guess on Monday the 12th!

Cheers

g'day DEB1982, i'll also be there on Tuesday the 13th of December for the procedure so i'll meet you there on the day and at the hotel i guess on Monday the 12th!

Cheers

Hey KingD2, good to hear from someone else who will be out there at the same time. My procedure is over two days as having a little mid scalp work done on the 14th as well. Where you coming from? I'm from the UK.

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Cheers

Hey KingD2, good to hear from someone else who will be out there at the same time. My procedure is over two days as having a little mid scalp work done on the 14th as well. Where you coming from? I'm from the UK.

I'm quite jealous of you both. I travelled out to Istanbul on my own and all the other clients on my surgery day were either Italian or Romanian so only chatted briefly with each. Would have been nice to have had another English speaking client or fellow forum member to chat with.

BTW, Asmed came back about my concerns today and said all looks fine for one week post on and that what looks like cracks and graftless areas is down to scabs, dryness and some remaining swelling and that will disappear over time. She also suggested I could be a bit firmer getting the scabs off and assured me the grafts are safe now. Still a little hesitant on being to firm. I'd already washed my hair today before I heard back, but will try and be a little firmer (still gentle of course) washing tomorrow. :D

Jax, it's important for the healing process to get those scabs off. Most people are too gentle when it comes to post op washing. Use the pads of your fingers and gently massage the recipient area and let the water run over it for 15-20 minutes in the shower to loosen them up.

Day 8 - Tuesday 18th October

So surgery was exactly a week ago today. As I noted in the post earlier, I heard back from Asmed as they said it all looks fine and I need be a little firmer when washing to dislodge the scabs.

In terms of progress things look the same with the recipient area, but the donor area is now almost entirely scab free and feels SO much better. Its still a little tender but the pain seems to have subsided somewhat and the hair is growing quite well.

As you can see from the pics below the sides look a little patchier, almost looks like they might have saved some areas a little shorter or some hairs are just growing faster? Anyway, fairly confident that by the time I go back to work on Monday the donor areas won't be looking too bad.

BTW, anyone care to comment on my crown? For a few years I wasn't sure if I had any thinning but was sure that if I did it was minimal. Now that's it's super short, how does it look? IMHO I think it looks solid .. or am I deluding myself?

IMG_3372.thumb.jpg.ab70b92b786047e5aadd4635b7a0beec.jpg

IMG_3355.thumb.jpg.37835a21ac3228a43cc9a5d56a617338.jpg

IMG_3371.thumb.JPG.4fb06e74f7fa7c6af549744ad6b9ac0d.JPG

IMG_3329.thumb.jpg.8ab1284c407199374535bd62c419e4e3.jpg

IMG_3375.thumb.jpg.8e7cd2c446a9f5657d875e2efc7635ca.jpg

IMG_3373.thumb.jpg.1dd64009bba8bae6337b8b227a97a0a9.jpg

I think it looks like it is healing really well. Can hardly see any difference in the donor area and you are only a week out. Looks like really neat work. Fills me with confidence as well.

You definitely have no worries in the crown area. I have some slight thinning in that area and am having it addressed. I see no difference in density in your crown than the rest of you hair.

Keen to see what the recipient area looks like at day 10 as this is when I will also need to return to work.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I think it looks like it is healing really well. Can hardly see any difference in the donor area and you are only a week out. Looks like really neat work. Fills me with confidence as well.

You definitely have no worries in the crown area. I have some slight thinning in that area and am having it addressed. I see no difference in density in your crown than the rest of you hair.

Keen to see what the recipient area looks like at day 10 as this is when I will also need to return to work.

Thanks DEB1982, yeah donor area is coming along well. I will be sure to show the 10 day pics. My only real concern now in the front density and worrying about losing hairs as I remove the scabs. This morning (just posted a separate thread under the Hair Restoration Questions and Answers) I got some scabs off but also noticed a loose graft (which could have dislodged early on) so now worried about more falling as I get the rest of the scabs off in the coming days. Also I understand that from week one you can start shedding so there will be the added stress of not knowing if it's a hair that failed to anchor or whether it's just shed.

So the past two days have been generally uneventful with the exception of my usual daily breakdown over some aspect of my HT ;)

Day 9 - Wednesday 19th October

Following the advice of my clinic (Asmed) I was a little firmer shampooing yesterday. That for the first time helped dislodged some of the front scabs and possibly two or three hairs .. which of course freaked me out and initiated this thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185016-losing-hairs-possible-grafts-one-week.html At this stage it's hard to tell if it's lost grafts or just shed hair. I'm hoping it's the latter. Should add that while I'm being firmer, I was by no means rough or shampooing 'as normal'.

Donor area is now feeling 80% healed. Visually it's probably closer to 95%, but in some pics I can see a little redness and also it's still a little sensitive to touch. I figured some Aloe Vera might help with both the redness and the sensitivity so I emailed the clinic to get the okay to start using it.

BTW, I'm so keen now to get rid of the scabs and crusting that I'm actually looking forward to going to bed each evening so that I can wake up and wash my hair again.

Day 10 - Thursday 20th October

Washed my hair again this morning. Not a huge amount of scabs came off today but some at least. Could also see a few hairs (see pics). Unlike yesterday's, it's looks like just usual shed hairs (guess they could even be from donor, non operated area).

Clinic also emailed me back to say it was fine to use Aloe Vera on the donor area (but need to wait 2 weeks for the recipient area) so I popped out to get some from the local pharmacy.

I also gave the hair a 2nd wash today and I think the combo of a 2nd wash and spraying sterile water on the hair every 2 hours is helping loosen up the scabs and quite a few more came off .. and a few hairs, but like this morning none of them looked scary graft types (at least I hope).

Anyway, that's kind of it for today. Below are also some pics from today after the 2nd wash. I do feel a little better now that some of the scabs are coming off but I'm still really nervous as to what the density is going to be like on the front, Im worried it going to be quite sparse and therefore worry what that'll look like come Monday. If that proves to be the case then I just hope the appearance of low density is down to the swelling and some initial shed and not lost of grafts.

Edit : sorry having issues with the orientation of the pics again.

IMG_3500.thumb.jpg.b3d25e08ab40060a84b91b8729d7b5cc.jpg

IMG_3502.thumb.jpg.38bdcd7810b8b0092d53aa284e85e3ab.jpg

IMG_3504.thumb.jpg.08038d801cafcb29ebfc5529fb5a1e50.jpg

IMG_3466.thumb.jpg.b5b3db599c481d857bed3d93c3794c82.jpg

IMG_3508.thumb.jpg.dcdde91525ee7ab9202e5b7a20a097da.jpg

Edited by JustJax

Thanks for the update.

Still quite a few scabs there. I may need to try and book a little extra time off work in that case.

In terms of losing grafts, I think you are fine. I've done quite a lot of research on this and unless you can actually see the bulb (which would have blood on it) the hairs coming out are normal shedding. The bulb is what actually matters.

They say by day 10 you can actually start to wash your hair more firmly but I completely understand the feeling that you need to be tentative and I'm certain I will be the same.

Also don't stress about the density. Not all of the hairs will be visible now as many will have shed already. You won't be able to gauge the density for a good few months yet. I'm certain you will be fine. The immediate post op photos looked very densely packed.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Thanks for the update.

Still quite a few scabs there. I may need to try and book a little extra time off work in that case.

In terms of losing grafts, I think you are fine. I've done quite a lot of research on this and unless you can actually see the bulb (which would have blood on it) the hairs coming out are normal shedding. The bulb is what actually matters.

They say by day 10 you can actually start to wash your hair more firmly but I completely understand the feeling that you need to be tentative and I'm certain I will be the same.

Also don't stress about the density. Not all of the hairs will be visible now as many will have shed already. You won't be able to gauge the density for a good few months yet. I'm certain you will be fine. The immediate post op photos looked very densely packed.

Hey DEB1982, thanks for the encouragement. I am hoping you are right. While I have seen some hairs in the washing, I haven't seen masses or enough during washing to have me worried that I lost that many. In terms of days off, how long are you planning to take currently? I know I'm quite scabby but thats because I probaby haven't been firmer sooner with the washing. ASMED do say you should aim to be scab free by day 10. I took 2 weeks but due surgery not taking place until the Tuesday, I only have 12 post surgery days before work. Tomorrow is Day 11, but 10 days post surgery so I probably won't start getting a bit more vigorous until Saturday morning. Hopefully I'll be scab free-ish by Monday. If not, I may have to hide in my office most of the day. :D

BTW, did you say you are from the UK, if so where?

Hey DEB1982, thanks for the encouragement. I am hoping you are right. While I have seen some hairs in the washing, I haven't seen masses or enough during washing to have me worried that I lost that many. In terms of days off, how long are you planning to take currently? I know I'm quite scabby but thats because I probaby haven't been firmer sooner with the washing. ASMED do say you should aim to be scab free by day 10. I took 2 weeks but due surgery not taking place until the Tuesday, I only have 12 post surgery days before work. Tomorrow is Day 11, but 10 days post surgery so I probably won't start getting a bit more vigorous until Saturday morning. Hopefully I'll be scab free-ish by Monday. If not, I may have to hide in my office most of the day. :D

BTW, did you say you are from the UK, if so where?

I imagine some hairs would just fall out during the day when you aren't washing as well so you may just not be noticing them all. I booked my procedure for just before the Christmas break as my office closes down for a week and I've booked a week off before this. So I have 13 days before I have to return to work. I have seen other pictures where all the scabs are off by Day 10 so perhaps you have been overly gentle but I don't think it makes a difference other than aesthetically.

Yeah I am UK based. Just west of London, near Heathrow. What about yourself?

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I imagine some hairs would just fall out during the day when you aren't washing as well so you may just not be noticing them all. I booked my procedure for just before the Christmas break as my office closes down for a week and I've booked a week off before this. So I have 13 days before I have to return to work. I have seen other pictures where all the scabs are off by Day 10 so perhaps you have been overly gentle but I don't think it makes a difference other than aesthetically.

Yeah I am UK based. Just west of London, near Heathrow. What about yourself?

Okay that's quite a good break. Have you or are you planning to tell people at work? I have told some people that I work with closely but majority don't know. I am certainly going to get a lot of questions about the super short hair when I get back. Although it would have shown my receding hairline more, in hindsight I wish I had cropped it down to perhaps a grade 3 before going for the HT, as the majority probably won't take a 2nd look at me now .. oh well, no going at this stage. :D

I live in London too, Brixton!

Day 11 - So today is Day 11 or ten days post surgery. The clinic suggest I should have been scab free by today but I clearly haven't been firm enough shampooing so reckon I have another day or two. I'm back on work Monday so will definitely be a little extra through on Sunday to try and clear them for Monday.

Here are some pics from this morning about an hour after washing. First 3 are in the door way into the house so under natural outdoor lighting. Next four are indoors. Also included a picture again of what 'washed' out of my head from the shampooing today. More hairs again, but fingers, toes (and everything else) crossed its just the shed kicking in already.

IMG_3523.thumb.jpg.cc819f138f34d2e3a0d3ab89efb6cb1c.jpg

IMG_3524.thumb.jpg.d2cdb4228d3071223dd32a98b81425e0.jpg

IMG_3526.thumb.jpg.1a54d39e96ea631ee291d400a5b7bc2f.jpg

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.6dcbc261b9b96a313c43b3af0a876ac3.jpg

IMG_3539.thumb.jpg.f76025432caaef7319af90196bf4b1c1.jpg

IMG_3535.thumb.jpg.0089cc6d0f039896923da92210074351.jpg

IMG_3536.thumb.jpg.bc75f1e70c9391835b59612fef2a22f7.jpg

IMG_3528.thumb.jpg.d53f08a8c21e199ce1f69dbe7f073d8d.jpg

hi , are you taking any Meds ? or Rogaine ?

Hi Mikeey, no I am not on any meds or Rogaine. I have ruled out meds for various medical reasons and while I have considered Rogaine, ASMED clinic suggests users avoid using Rogaine in the transplanted area for 1 year so we'll see this time next year. Ideally would rather not though as all these things have some form of side effect, even topical stuff like Rogaine and I'm not a fan of using any type of meds (in general, not just HT related) for long term unless I absolutely need too.

Day 12 - Hey guys, so its now 12 days since I had my surgery. Can't beleive it'll be two weeks come Tuesday. Have to say being house-bound has been a little boring .. but saying that I probably could have been more productive with my free time. Anyway ..

As you can see from the pictures below, I am now almost scab free. It feels so good seeing an almost clear scalp. Notice since most of the scabs are off that I have quite a lot of very little hairs that haven't grown much yet and I wonder if that's because the scabbing on top has stunted or slowed their growth? Hoping now that they have 'air to breathe' that they'll start growing a bit faster.

What do you guys thing so far? I've super happy with my temples, but a little less so with the front. Although saying that, I was quite stressed the other day with the perceived lack of grafts in some patches, but I don't think it looks too bad now, just a bit peeved that I seem to have lost most of the hairs (shedding or lost grafts) towards the center and the front hairline which is of course where you almost want it to be strongest. Anyway, I am just praying that the hairs that have fallen are just normal shed and they'll be back in 4-5 months!

In terms of the remaining scabs, I now have just three little clutters of scabs that I need to work on (I have marked up in one of the pics). However due to them being in the front and close to the hairline, which is already shedding, I am super scared about losing the hairs they are attached too so I don't want too be too forceful with them. Hopefully they come off tomorrow as I am back in work on Monday and would rather be scab free (obviously). Anyone got any tips of removing any last few hard scabs with min risk to the hairs?

I have also included a few pics of the donor area today. Sorry they aren't as sharp as the others but I had to use the front facing camera on the iPhone instead. Personally I think it looks pretty darn good and its not obvious anything has been done to the area. Can't even see any obvious redness in the donor area when I look in the mirror, but perhaps a tinge in the pictures?

Finally, last pic is off today's fallen hair, quite a few again. I hope it slows down over the next few days now the scabs are nearly all gone. Not ready to shed just yet, please give me a week or two hair gods! :D

IMG_3572.thumb.jpg.919d0ad3bde4526c27f7fcca9ba1900f.jpg

IMG_3573.thumb.jpg.fa28170219b2f646287097f539329451.jpg

IMG_3562.thumb.jpg.4af0253044e0dd80b2477d91e2a463bb.jpg

IMG_3563.thumb.jpg.dfd1325d16cdd6dd9b35a390895bede9.jpg

IMG_3585.thumb.jpg.4d41e70bcea8d9bc2604adeea868e504.jpg

IMG_3588.thumb.jpg.1395ce5c2826e7740b5be75531f2acff.jpg

IMG_3581.thumb.jpg.93c4eefbf9baf1c81ce9d54c77ea6d41.jpg

IMG_3595.JPG.41d8af3e18ae2db0b0a6ae8045638423.JPG

IMG_3599.JPG.8f592b2a35dca62f31ce0330fe3be192.JPG

IMG_3608.JPG.91365012eb60be918487a3b3a7cf666a.JPG

IMG_3627.JPG.514966b155f9af99289528b51e1c66ea.JPG

IMG_3635.JPG.261e5c4ab22358e7b64ba27cf2f8aa52.JPG

IMG_3580.thumb.jpg.675f2b5ffec87c47213879dceb095363.jpg

Edited by JustJax
Sorry, pics keep uploading to a different orientation. I have uploaded them again and some are still not right. Grhh!

Looks like you're healing well and getting over the most critical part, should grow in very nicely.

Enjoy the shadow of new hair you have now at this point, as from my experience the rest start to shed after the second week of course to return in a few months as your new hair.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Looks like you're healing well and getting over the most critical part, should grow in very nicely.

Enjoy the shadow of new hair you have now at this point, as from my experience the rest start to shed after the second week of course to return in a few months as your new hair.

Yeah, front hairline still looks a little sore and its still tender and a bit numb but generally seems to be healing good.

Going good mate, can't believe even after day 12 there are still scabs! Did you go too soft when shampooing? Just curious

Yes, I just wasn't firm enough early on. Clinic advised I should be scab free by day 10, but I was waiting untill day 10 before being firmer to ensure the grafts had anchored. Its a double edged sword though because part of me wonders if not dealing with the scabs earlier may have cost me some hairs, with the scabs perhaps pulling the hair out as they dried out?

Have to say washing it was definitely one of the most stressful parts for me. If I do need to go back at some point for a 2nd surgery (perhaps for more density) then I would definitely stay in Istanbul for at least a week post surgery so that the clinic could washing it for me daily.

Yeah, front hairline still looks a little sore and its still tender and a bit numb but generally seems to be healing good.

Yes, I just wasn't firm enough early on. Clinic advised I should be scab free by day 10, but I was waiting untill day 10 before being firmer to ensure the grafts had anchored. Its a double edged sword though because part of me wonders if not dealing with the scabs earlier may have cost me some hairs, with the scabs perhaps pulling the hair out as they dried out?

Have to say washing it was definitely one of the most stressful parts for me. If I do need to go back at some point for a 2nd surgery (perhaps for more density) then I would definitely stay in Istanbul for at least a week post surgery so that the clinic could washing it for me daily.

Fair enough mate, are you taking PRP injections post hair transplant? Or was it not required by your clinic?

Fair enough mate, are you taking PRP injections post hair transplant? Or was it not required by your clinic?

No, it's not something I've considered or recommend by ASMED. Is that what you are doing? I did have PRP during the HT, but to be honest i wasn't initially going to bother with it as the feedback I got in here suggested that perhap it wasn't worth it. Only had it in the end as ASMED advised it was now included in the price so I figured what the heck. As for post op PRP, at this stage I just want the scalp to heal and the hair to grow, don't think I'd entertain more needles into the head for a long long while. :cool:

Speaking of pain, I haven't mentioned in a few days regarding the pain. Still getting some donor area discomfort, particularly when laying down/sleeping .. Guess it makes sense as its pressure on that area, think the short buzz cut is also contributing as it's quite bristle like. Anyway it's seems to be slowly diminishing but if it's playing up when I've gone to bed I've sometimes pop a painkiller. Also occasionally get a little mini pin prick pain in some areas which the clinic said could happen (think she described it as a insect bite lol :D) . Itching has also massively reduced. Still getting the occasional itch and tingle and the scalp feels tight and dry but for the most part I dont notice too much until I start thinking about it. Definitely looking forward to putting some Aloe Vera on the recipient area after Tuesday to help smooth and hydrate the area.

No, it's not something I've considered or recommend by ASMED. Is that what you are doing? I did have PRP during the HT, but to be honest i wasn't initially going to bother with it as the feedback I got in here suggested that perhap it wasn't worth it. Only had it in the end as ASMED advised it was now included in the price so I figured what the heck. As for post op PRP, at this stage I just want the scalp to heal and the hair to grow, don't think I'd entertain more needles into the head for a long long while. :cool:

Speaking of pain, I haven't mentioned in a few days regarding the pain. Still getting some donor area discomfort, particularly when laying down/sleeping .. Guess it makes sense as its pressure on that area, think the short buzz cut is also contributing as it's quite bristle like. Anyway it's seems to be slowly diminishing but if it's playing up when I've gone to bed I've sometimes pop a painkiller. Also occasionally get a little mini pin prick pain in some areas which the clinic said could happen (think she described it as a insect bite lol :D) . Itching has also massively reduced. Still getting the occasional itch and tingle and the scalp feels tight and dry but for the most part I dont notice too much until I start thinking about it. Definitely looking forward to putting some Aloe Vera on the recipient area after Tuesday to help smooth and hydrate the area.

I did see many articles claiming benefits of prp and viceversa, but the theory behind prp looks good and I wonder if it's better to have it then not. Maybe couple of months after HT, not sure if anyone has done it that way though.

As for pain, it's just the healing process as they say. More like your nerves are coming back to life.

Day 13 - Sunday 23rd Oct

Can't believe how quick these past 2 weeks have flown. This time to weeks ago I was on a flight to Istanbul.

Super excited today as i am now 99.9% scab free. 0.01% are the odd very small pin head scab that aren't noticeable unless you really look very close but the three bigger scabs on the front came off this morning. Wish I'd perhaps been a little firmer sooner as I do wonder if the scabbing was holding back some hairs for growing. Still lots some hairs in today's wash but I think slightly less than yesterday.

As I posted in a separate thread last night I am getting some pain in my recipient area. Its kind of a burning sensation. Its not all the time, just occasionally and annoyingly it seems more noticeable when I think about. Clearly the area is still healing and some have suggested its the nerves repairing so I'll go with that and I'll run it by the clinic just to be sure. Did also occur to me that the pain last night might be down to me being firmer and applying a little more pressure to that area to clear the scabs over the last 48 hrs.

Anyway, today's pics below and barring an major shed in the morning, this is how I'll look for the first day back at the office tomorrow. Would have been great to have gone back with a bit more density to help hide the redness, but it is what it is. I will certainly be asked lots of questions tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Getting online in Turkey - Ok so a bit random subject but I meant to mention this money saving tip while I was in Istanbul. For anyone visiting Turkey and wanting to use their mobile/cell phone you'll no doubt find that international roaming and data roaming changes are super expensive. For example, I'm with EE in the U.K and it would have cost me 1.50 GBP a minute to call any UK number and even with some of their roaming deals, the best offer would have given me unlimited calls/texts (to the U.K) and a pathetic 40mb of data (could use that in 20 mins on Instagram) it would have cost me ?9.00 GBP per day. So I had a look online and on Trip Adviser and someone recommended for a Turkish company called alldaywifi.com. Basically they hire you a 4G mobile dongle (unlimited data) and deliver it and collect from your hotel or address for free. I hired it for 5 days and it was about $30.00 US dollars which is about 26.00 GBP. Once you have the dongle you just connect to the dongle as a wifi hotspot and your online. Now while this only technically gives you data, you can actually make phone calls and text using apps like FaceTime audio, Skype, or WhatsApp (and prob many others) and you can text using iMessage, WhatsApp, etc. So basically you can communicate with most people (with a smart phone) for free once you are online. As it turned out I only really used the dongle on the Monday (one day I did wonder around Istanbul for the filming) so it was a bit of a waste for me, but I went the entire week just using the dongle or the hotel/clinic wifi and texted and called friends (can't dial landlines though) every day without issue. So I'm summary if you are planning to spend some time looking around Istanbul but don't want to rack up serious charges the consider something like alldaywifi or if you aren't planning to go beyond the hotel/clinic then don't bother with roaming or the dongle and just use the wifi at each which which is pretty solid.

IMG_3667.thumb.jpg.fae138f80137a42944845262b9f70998.jpg

IMG_3689.thumb.jpg.bbc2f07271170d2a1846753c27d7b012.jpg

IMG_3687.thumb.jpg.23da439930ebffce2586fbfd79f973aa.jpg

IMG_3688.thumb.jpg.d2b260fd99628146afed41f0cb9e2077.jpg