2700 Grafts FUE - Tue 11th October 2016 - Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED Istanbul

JustJax

Hi Justjax,

Bet your feeling good with all the compliments :D. Just a quick couple of points-

Can you offer any advise for my trip? Do you think I would be able to wear a zip up hoodie for the flight home? And lastly, nothing to do with HT, where did you get your eye lid surgery done? Thanks in advance.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Hi Justjax,

Bet your feeling good with all the compliments :D. Just a quick couple of points-

Can you offer any advise for my trip? Do you think I would be able to wear a zip up hoodie for the flight home? And lastly, nothing to do with HT, where did you get your eye lid surgery done? Thanks in advance.

Hey, yeah zip up hoodie is probably ideal, what you don’t want is something tight that you have to pull over your head. If I recall I worse a vest type top (so really wide opening at the neck) and a hoodie although Turkish Airlines flight was like a sauna so didn’t actually wear the hoodie.

As for my eyelid surgery. I had just my uppers done with Dr Taimur Shoaib at La Belle Forme clinic in Edinburgh. I could have had it done in London but it was around ?2000 in Edinburgh vs about ?2800 in London so I had a cheap flight up to Scotland instead. Looking at the their website it’s now showing as ?2600 including anesthetic, but I had mine awake (which is cheaper and was an option then), not sure if they still do that.

I don't know any 50 year olds with hair as good as yours but can certainly see how a little extra density (25-30%) would make a huge difference. I tend to think that as long as its not a money issue you should get the touch up to get your hair issues off the mind and focus on more fulfilling pursuits.

Thanks, I think I was fairly lucky. A friend of mine still gets annoyed if I talk about the HT as he felt I really didn’t need it anyway ..which some might argue was true but for me it was just to restore a more youthful look, particularly at the temples. On paper I can afford a 2nd transplant but of course I don’t want to spend for the sake of it. I think I’ll give it the full 18 months just to be sure and then see what Dr Koray says. In my mind a 2nd procedure would prob be 1000 grafts max.

Thanks Justjax for all your valuable inputs,

Finally I have booked my operation. Travelling this Thursday and operation on next Monday, Tuesday . I have been advised 5000 graft.

Will update soon.. thanks

Looking good Jax! The way your hair line frames your face has knocked years of you in my opinion.

I'm in a similar boat where I'm really happy with my current results but a little extra density would make such a big difference. As you are I'm going to wait till 18 months before deciding on what to do but I'm leaning towards a small touch up of hopefully no more than 100 grafts to get me to where I ultimately want to be.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Thanks Justjax for all your valuable inputs,

Finally I have booked my operation. Travelling this Thursday and operation on next Monday, Tuesday . I have been advised 5000 graft.

Will update soon.. thanks

Hi Sk78,

I have sent you a private message.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Justjax

Thanks for the encouragement and Support finally I did my 5500 grafts from ASMED on 23rd October.

I am on my 26 days (Hair Fall phase). I am very happy Overall

If anyone wish to Follow me Link below. Thanks Justjax

MY HT link : http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188377-dr-koray-erdogan-asmed-5500-graft-kumar.html

• 1 month later...
Hi Justjax

Thanks for the encouragement and Support finally I did my 5500 grafts from ASMED on 23rd October.

I am on my 26 days (Hair Fall phase). I am very happy Overall

If anyone wish to Follow me Link below. Thanks Justjax

MY HT link : http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188377-dr-koray-erdogan-asmed-5500-graft-kumar.html

Hi, sorry I missed your post (past few months have been a super busy so haven't been on the forum much). Congrats, I'll check out your post. :cool:

JustJax your results have turned out great. Did you get a Acell treatment when you had the procedure..?

I've never heard of Erdogan using A-cell? Is he using that in his ops these days?

• 7 months later...

Any updates for >18 months? I am curious about the very front which is the only part that could use some improvement according to the photos.

And congratulations! :)

Edited by BigBen

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, BigBen said:

Any updates for >18 months? I am curious about the very front which is the only part that could use some improvement according to the photos.

And congratulations! :)

Hi Ben, thanks ..  no massive change from 12 months, at least not that I've overly noticed. Still have a few little weak spots, although they are not obvious to others.  I am still considering a small touch up/second procuedure with Asmed, but it won't likely been until early next year due to possibly moving home in the next few months. Interestingly, I was chatting to my personal trainer at the gym last week and talking about a 2nd procedure and he had no idea I'd had a HT to start with. Got to be a good sign! B|

Anyway, I'll try and do some updated pictures this week, although expect much of the same.

Edited by JustJax

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all, been meaning to post for such a long time but it’s always a bit of a hassle trying to take pictures by myself from all angles so kept avoiding. Not really much to update on but I see two people asking for an update above so figured I should post.

I’m now 52 and it’s been 3 years and 7 months since my op. I generally don’t really think to much about my hair on a daily basis except worrying that I seemed to have gotten more gray (not overly noticeable in the pics) over the past year. Generally I’ve pretty happy with my hair, I do still have the weaker spots in the front and I have considered getting a 2nd small top up surgery for that and to add a bit more density. In fact I was booked in for a 2nd procedure with Asmed on 31 March 2020,  but obviously had to cancel due to the pandemic. With all the travel uncertainty I haven’t rebooked and don’t know whether it’s worth the risk/stress. 

Anyway, here are picture from all angles taken today (April 17, 2021).  I had my hair cut on Tuesday and I have a little styling product (just a little L’Oréal Studio Line Rework Putty, not any type of thickener or fibres in my hair). 

3B91B8FB-5DF4-4AC0-9D5F-03BDF54929E4.jpeg

7C6B8128-7A96-4067-8B5D-894F50EC7CE1.jpeg

A630019F-9428-4918-A722-20B67D1008AD.jpeg

9EA01954-F27D-4CF0-A80D-2A70D906933E.jpeg

CB4A195F-8B83-433D-805D-B5D752DCEBA2.jpeg

5E4C6578-3546-44FD-B9F9-B4D9CB4C50D1.jpeg

Edited by JustJax
  • Like 2