Quality hair transplant at a reasonable cost in southern California?

baldingbum

Hello everyone. My name is Robert and I'm a victim of hair-loss. I'm 26 years old and have noticed my hair thinning for about 2 years now. I have only had a consultation at Bosley so far, but they are charging way too much for the procedure. I'm currently unemployed, but I have a good shot at a full time job next week. Anyway, this is the first thing I'm saving up for once I do get the job, but I'm wondering if there are some places I could go that are just as good as Bosley, but a lot cheaper? They want to charge me about $5,180 for just 1,000 grafts in the front! Can anyone please help me out?

but I'm wondering if there are some places I could go that are just as good as Bosley, but a lot cheaper?

You really need to research this A LOT before you move forward, if you do need a transplant - Bosley are amongst the worst in the world. Use the -search- function on this site and read some of the comments/reviews about Bosley for further information.

Dr. Reed and Dr. Carman do really good work in La Jolla, but I'm unsure about their prices. Dr. Ross, also in La Jolla, charges $3 per graft, but I'm not nearly as big a fan of his work as I am of Carman and Reed.

Continue to research and find the physician that you like best.

Originally posted by baldingbum:

Thanks for the name drops TC17! I keep reading that this Dr. Shapiro is really good? Does anyone else feel the same way about his work being quality? Are his prices reasonable?

If you take any advice, please take this advice:

Take getting a HT very seriously. Research this forum and other hair loss forums for hours. Read for hours.

You need to determine what you current hair loss really is. What it will take to replace it. What your long term plans are. Medications you can take. Different types of hair transplant procedures. And who the best doctors are.

Location of doctor and price should be secondary concerns. If you go to the wrong doctor because he/she is close and/or cheap and you get a unsatisfactory result you could spend the rest of your life regretting it.

Do not take this matter lightly.