Norwood 6/7 : DHT with Dr Pradeep Sethi - 5000 Grafts

BlackPanther

This looks good,after seeing some of the results here planning a HT with Eugenix,I am norwood 6 progressing towards norwood 7 ,have been advised a HT of ~6k grafts ( scalp+beard),will be visiting them soon to get more details.Couple of questions have

1) Is the beard hair difficult to manage and grows in unwanted direction?

2) Also compared to Scalp ,does it enter the growth phase faster ( scalp hair typically enters growth phase 4-5 months post transplant)

Edited by walterpink
typo

Agree this does look good for 5 months. This should give you a good outcome by the end and much better than your first.

Hey there again,

Attached photos 5 months post op. Couple of photos are taken indoor and rest are taken outdoor. Only slight bother for me at this moment is depleted donor area. I made a mistake by trimming down the donor areas. Will have to be much more careful with my hair cut next time.

Next update after couple of months.

Happy growing !

Regards

I think this is looking good!, I think overall you have had better results this time around and I am happy for you. The sides where they harvested hairs would take some time to look normal, for me it took nearly 8-10 months, but it will, believe me. Adding some low dose Finasteride will definitely help strengthen mid scalp and crown in my experience since U have had less hairs transplanted there. It took full 1 years and change for beard hairs to fully grow in the crown area and also for them to loose some kinkyness. So give it some more time than usual.

My Thread: 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all -

I am back again with some photos updates post 8 months approx post surgery. Overall I am happy with the result and I am not looking for any further sessions. I guess my donar area on the head is already used up and I don't want to go through the trouble of HT for beard hairs BUT you never know ;-)

IMG_20170512_083428.thumb.jpg.e6fb4b5835c8f0a8c2ce65e67a7218d0.jpg

IMG_20170512_083757.thumb.jpg.f410ff4a826a3c97da2c8e7326d728d4.jpg

IMG_20170512_090343.thumb.jpg.3d5ac6ec347c457d5c1adfe238098fc7.jpg

IMG_20170512_090352.thumb.jpg.9960fb926a918dcce2a915be45cf0a20.jpg

IMG_20170512_083639.thumb.jpg.3b45caf5b9390c1f2a7c0bfcca0d9926.jpg

At day 8 of my hair transplant, I started to feel really itchy because of the crusts and I tried to remove some of them when my scalp was dry. Some times I noticed long hair follicles attached to the crusts. Now I am worried I might have pulled the grafts from the root after all the post-op care I did for the first week. I have attached a photo. Experts opinion please.

There was absolutely no bleeding or pain

Eventually the hairs will slip out. They will need to. I've had a couple of times when I massaged off a crust that the hair came with it, but that's fine because the root remained.

Given you had beard hairs transplanted there will be more growth till about a year and change. This will likely thicken by at least 10-20%.

I think compared to the result from previous HT this has come out really good. Congratulations to you and Dr. Pradeep. I am glad you chose him, results and the difference is quite obvious.

My Thread: 

• Administrators

HUGE improvement, you have a solid framing of the face now, if you wanted you could probably use toppik and cover the rest.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 months later...

It is now 11 months after my second hair transplant procedure. First one was FUT(3400 scalp grafts) and second one was FUE(2300 scalp grafts and 2700 beard grafts). Although I am quite satisfied, I still need some coverage on the temporal region on the sides towards the crown. I would like to go all the way instead of leaving things when its not quite finished :-)

Obviously, I am also worried that I might not have any donor left :-(

Let me know what you guys recommend.

IMG_0151.thumb.jpg.e7e23ec428defa4bab7e4763f395dec8.jpg

IMG_0152.thumb.jpg.8d854836d65b2127a8ae35f006c03567.jpg

IMG_0153.thumb.jpg.8a3a8b1c0c0af4f8d421411b4b593045.jpg

IMG_0156.thumb.jpg.1728c00d27ce29bca8d5f2c39bff1c9e.jpg

IMG_0157.thumb.jpg.a84ded09ddbf74c1e908afa935c1565d.jpg

IMG_0158.thumb.jpg.5b960ed6bc62e179ca796f5ca3fe868e.jpg

• Administrators

Damn the hairline looks solid, from your first procedure to now is night and day, have you considered maybe doing half a strip? Meaning perhaps one strip on the side of your head a little higher, where there might be more hair, the only concern with that would be how "safe" is that hair, it doesn't seem like your pattern has changed, but I would definitely go in for monitoring of the situation to make sure the sides aren't dropping further.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It is now 11 months after my second hair transplant procedure. First one was FUT(3400 scalp grafts) and second one was FUE(2300 scalp grafts and 2700 beard grafts). Although I am quite satisfied, I still need some coverage on the temporal region on the sides towards the crown. I would like to go all the way instead of leaving things when its not quite finished :-)

Obviously, I am also worried that I might not have any donor left :-(

Let me know what you guys recommend.

Duuuuddddeeeeeeee - You should be so thrilled with this result. After reading the thread from your first HT I was thinking that maybe HTs aren't worth it. I think you unfortunately got a raw deal out of your first one which must be upsetting because of the lost donor hair. But, right now you LOOK GREAT. This HT saved you. Congratulations!

I think going for a third HT would be great, you'd just absolutely nail it and have a full head of hair worthy of a wife even in India!

I would go for it today. You can coast on full coverage, albeit low density for a long time. Maybe even long enough for something better to come along? Maybe hair cloning will come out and you can then fill in the density in your depleted donor area as well as any scalp gaps. But yeah, go get another one and enjoy ten years of full coverage.

You were a depleted NW7, with limited donor hair. Your first HT was 50% successful. You must've have been without hope. But this second HT has absolutely transformed you. To come from rock bottom to this? You must feel like you've been reborn.

I'm so happy for you! Hope springs!

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

@BlackPantherHow have you been? How was the result further down the line? Did you get your temples down later? Also, do the flash lights (in marriage events) for video cameras in marriage events cause a problem, does it make matters worse in HT patients?

I recently had a hair transplant at Eugenix. Checkout and let me know your feedback.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63068-eugenix-3000-grafts-grade-67-my-first-hair-transplant-february-28-2022/

1 hour ago, quantumhair said:

@BlackPantherHow have you been? How was the result further down the line? Did you get your temples down later? Also, do the flash lights (in marriage events) for video cameras in marriage events cause a problem, does it make matters worse in HT patients?

It looks like he hasn't been on this site since 2017.

@AB2000 It seems so. I would have liked to see his final results post 12 months. I wish he sees the email notification and replies me.

I recently had a hair transplant at Eugenix. Checkout and let me know your feedback.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63068-eugenix-3000-grafts-grade-67-my-first-hair-transplant-february-28-2022/