Which daily shampoo should I use?

Hello guys,

I have been searching for couple of hours already and it seems that there's many different comments, some say to use Revita daily, some say Nizoral, some say it's bad to use them daily and just twice a weak, so I wonder, which shampoo should I use? Or maybe I should have few and mix between during the week.

Right now i'm using Head and Shoulders Shampoo and it seems that I have an agrressive hairloss, So if you have any suggestion i would like to know, Thank you so much!

P.S - I haven't done HT, just daily shampoo for regular MPB Hairloss.

Thanks!

Thanks for your comment!

How about regenepure shampoo for daily use? or Baby Shampoo?

I just heard that h&s are really bad for daily use and I have been using it for over 3 years...

It's time to switch and not sure which should I take since i read so many bad comments on each brand, wonder if someone here can suggest 1 brand for daily use and I will go for it.

Thanks!

I am trying a new daily shampoo. A friend at work that is from Nicaragua that was early phase balding is looking really different. I asked him what was going on and he stated that about a year ago he started using a shampoo that is supposed to help balding.

Admittedly I am pretty skeptical, but this guy looks almost shockingly different. He showed me pics on his cell phone of his head while he was on beach vacation about 2 years ago, and it appears he has really regrown hair. I was so impressed with his story and his "new" hair that I bought some of this shampoo on Amazon. What the heck, what do I have to lose, I have to have a shampoo...so why not?

I just started using it last month and will report back later on any results or lack of...however I am right in the middle of the post-op ugly duckling phase, so it may not be the ideal time to test it out as my surgery results will be coming in too.

8ecd7afea2b09bbfa85852850dc8fd74.500

Edited by Shampoo

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I am trying a new daily shampoo. A friend at work that is from Nicaragua that was early phase balding is looking really different. I asked him what was going on and he stated that about a year ago he started using a shampoo that is supposed to help balding.

Admittedly I am pretty skeptical, but this guy looks almost shockingly different. He showed me pics on his cell phone of his head while he was on beach vacation about 2 years ago, and it appears he has really regrown hair. I was so impressed with his story and his "new" hair that I bought some of this shampoo on Amazon. What the heck, what do I have to lose, I have to have a shampoo...so why not?

I just started using it last month and will report back later on any results or lack of...however I am right in the middle of the post-op ugly duckling phase, so it may not be the ideal time to test it out as my surgery results will be coming in too.

Tio_Nacho.jpg

interesting, well if it thickens up your native hair along with transplanted hair, its a win win.. could you take some photos on your progress..

Interesting on the Tio Nacho shampoo .

I don't take Amazon reviews seriously anymore ( If I ever did ). Reading the comments sections , they just come across as less than beleivable . Not just this product , plenty of others as well.

yeah chris39 I am always skeptical, but after seeing and talking with this guy I've worked with for years, he said "what have you got to lose, it's not like it's expensive". So I thought "yeah why not"? He is back in Nicaragua this week, but when he gets back to the US I may ask him if he'd mine if I posted a before and after pic. The dude looks so much better and he says he has not taken any hair type meds. Who knows? We'll see.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I live in Thailand, and the pharmacy from which I buy Finasteride recommended Isomax shampoo and conditioner as an "Anchoring" formula.

Normally I buy Nizoral shampoo, but the pharmacist believes it is for fungus treatment of the scalp, not hair loss.

I was wondering if anybody thought Isomax might be worth a try? There are a lot of bogus products out there. But then again, this is Thailand, and they are extremely good with pharmacy and medicine due to the lack of government intervention, and the pressure of the free-market customers to deliver quality.

I'm a bit late to this party but for thickening up my existing hair rahua shampoo works pretty well - just started using it last week and definitely an improvement over the Avalon organics I was using before. Quite impressive given the list of natural ingredients. I've also been using regenepure DR as a daily wash for about 9 months and find that works quite well, too. They say every second day but as only 1% ketoconazole upped it to daily and haven't noticed any adverse effects (and had a positive impact on rate of hair fall).

• 1 month later...
Hello guys,

I have been searching for couple of hours already and it seems that there's many different comments, some say to use Revita daily, some say Nizoral, some say it's bad to use them daily and just twice a weak, so I wonder, which shampoo should I use? Or maybe I should have few and mix between during the week.

Right now i'm using Head and Shoulders Shampoo and it seems that I have an agrressive hairloss, So if you have any suggestion i would like to know, Thank you so much!

P.S - I haven't done HT, just daily shampoo for regular MPB Hairloss.

Thanks!

I found this article helpful.

The Best Hair Loss Shampoo To Stimulate Hair Growth (2016)

I use a gold label pura d'or anti hair loss shampoo. no harsh chems and it's got natural ingredients leaving your hair soft. Its not cheap but hair feels great and if its fighting hair loss somewhat.

I've heard great reviews as well, but not everyone will suggest the every day use due to Ketoconazole. I suggest alternating every week as lots of members do.

You might like to try Regenepure DR. That is if you're not simply looking for a thickening shampoo, but something which can actiuvely fight the hair loss. Like Nizoral, has ketoconazole (1%). Directions aren't for daily use however I use it daily (wouldn't with Nizoral as it dries the hair out too much). If you don't want to use it daily you can use their Regenepure NT shampoo on the 'off' days. Not exctly cheap but I found it worked pretty well for me.

You might like to try Regenepure DR. That is if you're not simply looking for a thickening shampoo, but something which can actiuvely fight the hair loss. Like Nizoral, has ketoconazole (1%). Directions aren't for daily use however I use it daily (wouldn't with Nizoral as it dries the hair out too much). If you don't want to use it daily you can use their Regenepure NT shampoo on the 'off' days. Not exctly cheap but I found it worked pretty well for me.

Yep, overuse of Keto will cause hair loss.

Hi Reyes1, interesting to know on what basis you make the statement that overuse of keto causes hair loss. Any studies? Appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

Patient experience through unfortunate trial and error. I did a bit of research a few months ago and here are just a few examples

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173206-dont-overuse-nizoral-after-hair-transplant.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184847-ive-lost-so-much-hair-because-nizoral.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/135193-nizoral-shedding.html

Hello,

Well, after reading all this im super scared to use nizoral, i'm just looking for daily shampoo that will replace Head&Shoulders that im using now.

No need anything with DHT blocker or something like that, just shampoo that won't have tons of chemicals that hurt the hair.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Rainforest Volumizing Shampoo by The Body Shop. Not many chemicals, paraben-free and it really does help with the volume and texture of my hair.

From The Body Shop website:

The shampoo is specially developed for fine hair. Our Rainforest Volume range helps boost volume without weighing hair down.

•Leaves hair looking fuller and shinier

•No silicones, no sulphates, no parabens and no colourants

•Eco-conscious formula

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

Hello,

Well, after reading all this im super scared to use nizoral, i'm just looking for daily shampoo that will replace Head&Shoulders that im using now.

No need anything with DHT blocker or something like that, just shampoo that won't have tons of chemicals that hurt the hair.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I wouldn't be scared of Nizoral. I'm on the 2% prescription strength 3x/week and my hair has never looked better. Perhaps it adversely affects some people (the common theme in the threads is using it too often) but I think it's generally a good assist in keeping DHT levels down and is highly recommended by many doctors.

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

Thanks for the info Reyes1. I've been using Regenepure DR product everyday (don't use the NT) and haven't noticed any side effects. I think this one is a case of trial and error. In any case, have started to wind it back to three times a week now. So long as I don't lose any hair there's no point wasting the product (and my money) on additional amounts I don't need!

• 2 months later...