youngsuccess

Youngusccess,

Congratulations on your hair transplant.

Though the pictures are unclear, it appears that the multi-haired grafts from the first procedure are only noticeable under close inspection.

I trust this session will help refine your hairline and make any imperfections even less noticeable.

Best wishes and happy growth!

Bill

Good to hear you're sorting this out! Should definitely refine your hairline.

Honestly, though, I can't help but wonder why this 800 grafts wasn't essentially taken care of in your prior HT....not a knock on YOU in any way, obv.

Anyways, look forward to watching you grow -- rest up! icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Youngsuccess

I may be looking for a similar treatment as you...I also had a procedure with True/Dorin in 2004, 1200 grafts, and the results were not very good...permanent shock loss from crown to front...IMO due to excess anesthesia. At the end of the session the tech said she pumped me with a lot of "the stuff" to help with pain. I was thinking as she was sticking the needle in me that maybe it was too much? Probably, Dr True may not have allowed that much to be applied, however he wasn't consulted.

Also, I have double hairs showing in frontal area as you do. It was a mistake that I dread. The 1200 grafts were distributed to the crown and frontal area, again IMO not enough grafts for the area treated. It just set me up to need future sessions. But in 2004 I didn't use this forum for research...again my mistake. Additionally, I only wanted the crown treated. I told True the front area I was fine with, but he suggested we place some grafts in front hairline and I listened to him. Again, my mistake. I'm not trying to bash True, just stating the facts as I see them. His work is posted on this forum and looks fine, I just think my procedure was a small one and didn't receive the necessary concern/oversight from him. See my post in June 08.

I have since, 6/08 w Dr Feller, had 1800 grafts in the front 1/4 ( 800 singles) to try to correct the problem. Still growing out so not sure where this will end, but I do know that the entire procedure was more professional all around with Dr. Feller...again IMO.

I'm not sure if I will need another session, and not sure at this point if I have donor to have another. If I do go in for another run, I'm thinking to have a similar session as you to treat the front again to thicken things up.

SO, I'm definitely off my point, I got carried away with sharing my experience with True/Dorin. How long was your scar from Dr E? Ear to ear?

Thanks

Thanks, new2this site.

tofueornottfue,

Interesting; I wasn't aware that anathesia (sp) could cause permanent shock loss, but if too much was used, who knows? This is something we should definitely try to get an answer about.

Feller's repair work looks top-notch so I'd be confidant that you'll see a big improvement.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

Youngsuccess

Yes, I have read that too much anesthesia does cause permanent shock loss.

Dr Feller's work is top notch, I'm not concerned about the results of his HT as things are going well. I'm six months and have much more growth to go...I can still feel, and see, new hairs coming through. My fingers and toes are crossed.

I wouldn't think twice about heading back to Dr Feller for the next HT if the cards bring me to that, we'll evaluate that in about a year.

Is your new scar only on one side, or does it go ear to ear. I wasn't sure from your comment. Sounds as though its only one side, ear to back?

He is a top doc as well, good luck and please keep us updated.

If you wish to, I posted pic's a couple of months ago if you want to have a look.

T

• 2 weeks later...