Dr. Luis Nader (Reynosa, MX) - 2271 Grafts

iq732

I wanted to post my FUE experience with Dr. Nader on its own thread. As I got used to reading/posting on this forum and realized I may have highjacked others' post to discuss my own experience with my FUE procedure with Dr. Nader. For that, I do apologize.

Here's my original post and subsequent update. My surgery date was 8/2/16. I'm also including an update to where I am today which is 6 weeks post op.

I just came back from my FUE procedure with Dr. Nader and it's true what everyone says, it was a great experience. I had 2271 grafts placed in the order of priority, 251 went to cover previous FUT scar, 1200 went to defining my hairline and the rest to add density throughout the front to the mid section. Dr. Nader is the guru of hair transplant. As for all the complaints here about him not responding to any emails, he showed me 3K emails he's received over the last few days. He's really trying to get to it as best as he can. He also mentioned that if he doesn't respond in a few days, resend the email to bump it up. I used this method and got my appointment set with 2 months in advance (scheduled late May for Aug 2nd procedure). I will be posting progress pics in the next week for pre, post and one week after. By the way, Dr. Nader made it very clear this is more a passion than a business so he's not really looking to go big time like some Dr's here in the U.S. although it seems his reputation is reaching that level.

I thought I'd post some pre, post and 3 day pics. I'm using an iPhone to take the pics so hopefully the resolution comes out OK. If you have any questions, please feel free to respond or PM me directly. I'm a Norwood II with thinning right on top. Again, my order of priority were:

1. Cover my previous FUT scar (this was done through 2 surgeries 10+ years ago by Elliot & True and Bosley Medical)

2. Define my weak hairline.

3. Add density from front to the mid section of my head.

5b32eecdcc62c_TopPreOp.thumb.jpeg.dcb35c3767289330cbd4018a04ffdbe2.jpeg

5b32eecde8ba1_FrontOp.thumb.jpeg.36c699ac851da469e2b976f125e63d96.jpeg

5b32eece0f76d_BackOp.thumb.jpg.dde0c97e1a391bab49c4e472b9992f20.jpg

5b32eece2ec54_3DayPostBack.thumb.jpg.7cc1ee7bd867c75a801798c9ca5fd78a.jpg

5b32eece5f01f_3DayPostTop.thumb.jpg.45ad260e8111aa777aee75397b42c76b.jpg

5b32eece91f05_3DayPostSide.thumb.jpeg.810f0adc845661f0eea81abe74206368.jpeg

5b32eeceb092f_3DayPostOtherSide.thumb.jpeg.77da0d5b1c6a1470d94e17dd8494a861.jpeg

5b32eececb206_24DayPostFrontTop.jpeg.f0f00e7f031b042fb7221f9f0d6f04df.jpeg

5b32eecee8b3a_24DayPostSide.jpeg.65a4c0ccf2f8ca2c31008a6acfd83a71.jpeg

5b32eecf0c0fa_24DayPostOtherSide.jpeg.0f6799c331b5f7298d52bf792d5b63e1.jpeg

5b32eecf2182b_6WeeksPostOpFrontTop.thumb.jpg.db9d5211604450d37e3250c206e2d467.jpg

5b32eecf378dc_6WeekPostOpSide.thumb.jpg.15ecdb8836f7646a763ac27585b5296c.jpg

5b32eecf57371_6WeekPostOpOtherSide.thumb.jpg.e70b9e2ce068fcf2c73cbc4413237d2c.jpg

5b32eecf7b94c_6WeekPostOpBackSide.thumb.jpg.88fdc0c4dc2739328858a41e8c2fdcc9.jpg

Edited by iq732

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At only 6 weeks it already looks like you have a home run.

I'm looking forward to my touch-up, Dr Nader really makes it a comfortable stay. No exact date set yet, most likely January. I better not make anymore positive remarks or I'll be accused of being a Nader shill again...Lol

I agree i think this will turn out great iq732.

I'm going back to nader for more in December. The 2000 fue grafts i received can totally stand on their own but i have hair greed and want more haha. I just had a friend cut my hair tonight and they have no clue i had anything done to my hair. They remarked how nice my hair is....well 18 months ago i had no real hairline and a big ol' forehead haha. So it feels good and Dr. Nader is awesome!

At only 6 weeks it already looks like you have a home run.

I'm looking forward to my touch-up, Dr Nader really makes it a comfortable stay. No exact date set yet, most likely January. I better not make anymore positive remarks or I'll be accused of being a Nader shill again...Lol

lol, thanks MrMatt. As I wrote this review, I was thinking just that. Hopefully this will help someone like me before I made the decision to go with Nader.

I agree i think this will turn out great iq732.

I'm going back to nader for more in December. The 2000 fue grafts i received can totally stand on their own but i have hair greed and want more haha. I just had a friend cut my hair tonight and they have no clue i had anything done to my hair. They remarked how nice my hair is....well 18 months ago i had no real hairline and a big ol' forehead haha. So it feels good and Dr. Nader is awesome!

Good for you aWP. Thanks for the feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

So far so good. Thought I was one of the few that wouldn't get as much shock loss but I was wrong. Definitely went through it but now the baby hairs are starting to come out. Recipient area is still pink especially after a shower. Donor area is fully healed and I'm getting pimples all over the place which I believe is a good sign, hair is starting to sprout.

5b32eefd1b6d8_8WeekFrontHL.thumb.jpeg.a62f7a767da60bce220e3bd0b22ad66f.jpeg

5b32eefd40c80_8WeekTop.thumb.jpg.886a2092b203a1cb9a5856ed224c1261.jpg

5b32eefd566c5_8WeekSide.thumb.jpeg.11f3759750b1fb51456c28e0a6e5b54e.jpeg

5b32eefd85010_8WeekOtherSide.thumb.jpeg.861fdeffbea8c0527dec18ce519032e5.jpeg

5b32eefd9aebd_8WeekBack.thumb.jpg.4fe605a1b7de6efdac04dbc918ac937d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Took a few shots tonight ahead of my 10 week update tomorrow. Skin is still a little pink in the recipient area but lots of tiny hairs starting to sprout.

It's especially visible in the corners. Let me know if there are any questions.

IMG_4459.thumb.jpg.176b6a9c517d576295acd6913212d11b.jpg

IMG_4463.thumb.jpg.dee99d2f822f4a59b447b35c4af62891.jpg

IMG_4467.thumb.jpg.e7c4cbc0c4df815922b374364896806e.jpg

Edited by iq732

Look great so far.

I'm seeing him this Thursday.

Crown area and my past fut scar line, like you did.

Question... Does he put tape on the grafts he places on the fut scar line so they don't fall out?

And... Just curious... Why didn't you go for the 2500 grafts or 3000? He does up to that much in one day. Why the odd number of grafts from you?

Look great so far.

I'm seeing him this Thursday.

Crown area and my past fut scar line, like you did.

Question... Does he put tape on the grafts he places on the fut scar line so they don't fall out?

And... Just curious... Why didn't you go for the 2500 grafts or 3000? He does up to that much in one day. Why the odd number of grafts from you?

Thanks Etown...no he didn't put tape on the grafts to keep them on. He put hard cotton balls on top and below the scar repair with the gauze covering it just for protection when you sleep. The night after I rolled a towel into a U shape and slept with that around my neck so my FUT scar wouldn't rest directly on the pillow. I suggest buying an "airport" U shape pillow to sleep on. I bought one at the airport on my way home and it definitely served me well for a few days until I felt comfortable sleeping on my back and FUT repair scar on the pillow.

I was originally planned for 2250 grafts. This was the recommendation I received from a Dr. here in Los Gatos, CA and also what Dr. Nader suggested. For the hairline and added density was to be 2000 grafts and 250 grafts for the FUT scar repair. He ended up doing about 271 grafts for the FUT scar repair with the rest, 2000, as planned. Good luck with your trip!

Thanks. And I'll take your advice about the airport pillow. I happen to have one.

And you were able to wear a hat the next day, correct? Just want to cover everything and go about the next couple days without anyone noticing.

Thanks. And I'll take your advice about the airport pillow. I happen to have one.

And you were able to wear a hat the next day, correct? Just want to cover everything and go about the next couple days without anyone noticing.

No worries. I wore a Hurley dry fit adjustable baseball cap. Concealed it perfectly the next day as a flew back home.

IMG_4479.thumb.jpg.95a5cef00d40d5b9cdb74283af22de9a.jpg

IQ,

I've been trying to get in contact with Dr. Nader. I've been e-mailing him 1-2 times a week. Still no response. Any advise? Thanks for sharing your experience and results so far. I wish you the best of luck!

-RS

Hi rstech - I provided the same answer to another forum member thatt asked me for advice on getting a hold of Dr Nader. See below.

Dr Nader responded to me after 2 days back in May. I am now 6 weeks (actually now 10 weeks) post my FUE procedure with him. My email subject to him was:

RE: Santa Clara, California interested in FUE procedure for 2250 Grafts

Emailed him 5/5/16 and he responded 5/7/16. I think he gets a lot of members here that email him wanting to validate his work without any real interest in getting a procedure done. This wastes a lot of time. He fields thousands of emails a day. The more proactive you are about your interest in getting a procedure, the more likelihood and chances you'll get a response. My .02 cents.

Happy researching!

Finally had my HT with Dr Nader

What else can I saw that hasn't been said about him...

Except that i can compare him to another doctor on here from NY. (you know, a Doctor that pays the fees so they continue getting recommended, Dr Nader is not a paying member, he actually told me someone reached out to him with the prices and he's just not interested, he has more then enough work)

The whole experience was night and day. From the professionalism of the staff, to doctor Nader himself that did all the extracting and insertion of grafts. 12 hours with me. Never ever felt rushed. We talked for over an hour in the morning and about another hour after the procedure. And if course... The price was 1/3 the price.

Now I'm not going to go in detail, if someone wants they can reach out to me with a PM.

Etownone welcome to the Nader club haha. What Norwood are you and how man grafts did you get?

Lol.. Yeah. I made this appointment 4 months ago.

2792 grafts done today..... only had the crown done and fill in my FUT scar from 2 previous Hts. My previous HT just focused on front and mid.

So... I should be good as in a full head of hair God willing....... . But, After thos procedure with Dr Nader and his prices. I'll most likely go back in a year for even more density. I still got between 6-9000 grafts left for donor.

Ah very nice! Yeah the whole Nader experience was so nice and easy for me. I'm going back to Nader in January to add density and lower my hairline. I'm sure your grafts will grow in nicely :)

I'm not likely go back in a year. For 2000 grafts for even more density in the front. For the experience, professional, and especially the price. Oh yeah

Glad you too had a great experience, Etownone!

/pidds

Lol.. Yeah. I made this appointment 4 months ago.

2792 grafts done today..... only had the crown done and fill in my FUT scar from 2 previous Hts. My previous HT just focused on front and mid.

So... I should be good as in a full head of hair God willing....... . But, After thos procedure with Dr Nader and his prices. I'll most likely go back in a year for even more density. I still got between 6-9000 grafts left for donor.

Finally had my HT with Dr Nader

What else can I saw that hasn't been said about him...

Except that i can compare him to another doctor on here from NY. (you know, a Doctor that pays the fees so they continue getting recommended, Dr Nader is not a paying member, he actually told me someone reached out to him with the prices and he's just not interested, he has more then enough work)

The whole experience was night and day. From the professionalism of the staff, to doctor Nader himself that did all the extracting and insertion of grafts. 12 hours with me. Never ever felt rushed. We talked for over an hour in the morning and about another hour after the procedure. And if course... The price was 1/3 the price.

Now I'm not going to go in detail, if someone wants they can reach out to me with a PM.

Congratulations, How about some pictures ?