Search for the Surgeon

Hairhoho

Hi,

I am 26 years old, went through a hair straightening procedure 6-7 years ago, have been losing hair at moderate pace since then. Baldness runs in my family as well. At norwood 2 stage with less density in frontal area, i went through a 1000 graft hair transplant at Bangalore, India by Dr. Venkat charmalaya. It was a futile effort, i ended up with lesser hair on front, maybe due to shock loss and no additional regrowth, have also been on finasteride by dr. reddy;s for 6 months, no visible improvement. I seek help in choosing a doctor in India/Thailand.(Preferably India), A doctor who could assure results this time, as another futile transplant would deplete my donor supply and time. I would be grateful for your inputs, as this forum is my only ray of hope now.

Personally visited Dr. Tejinder Bhatti in Chandigarh and Dr. Kapil Dua in Ludhiana, while Dr.Kapil Dua gave me a lot of comfort and confidence, Dr. Bhatti's reviews seem better, also he has many visible success cases on this forum, i also liked his clinic's exclusivity to hair restoration.

Have also went through posts of HT failures by both doctors on this forum, specially the one where Dr.bhatti did not do most of the surgery by himself, and the forum's have a lot of failed cases against doctor dua,

While both of them are only "recommended" surgeon's here, Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich in Thailand is "coalition surgeon", would going to him create a huge difference, or either of these two mentioned doctors equally good ?

I am aware that while harvesting and design is done by the surgeon himself, while planting is done by the helpers, is this true always ?

Also, i need guidance in how to go about the surgery with high success chances this time, without feeling cheated like in the first case, please help me choose a surgeon.

Regards,

Hairhoho

5b32eec894bdb_IMG_20160913_1554177481.thumb.jpg.382c14116d3e872362e35cd9d445cf9b.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm also looking for information on Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich and it's damn near impossible on this web site.

Why can't I put Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich's name in the search bar and get results? It shouldn't take 2 hours of my time and fail.

In the last couple of months I have traded emails w/ the doctor and I like his approach as far as guidance and planning. I have an appointment w/ him in a couple of months for initial assessment and blood test then it will be decision time. I also have a date for the surgery if I go for it.

I'll keep an eye on your thread. Thanks for posting.