Bald Patch since birth - Opinions?

Hello everyone,

Attached you can find images of a bald patch I've had ever since I was born. Hair does not grow there.

I was hoping to get some feedback regarding transplanting some hairs there. I've been losing my hair for quite some time (NW5/6 in a diffused pattern); I am 23 turning 24 and considering transplanting some hairs to this scar.

My concern is : Suppose I already transplanted hairs there. Is there a risk that my sides will recede backwards leaving me with a patch of transplanted hairs surrounded by nothing?

Your replies are highly appreciated :) Thank you in advance.

FullSizeRender-12.jpg.53b8cae1c7224da1385765c52562939a.jpg

me6.jpg.aecd8a26ff5246213f2d18554fa25512.jpg

What does the other side look like , i'd say a Conservative temple point well let say curvature via fue or mfue could do the trick

Here is a picture of the other side.

Please note that these pictures are under very harsh lighting conditions.

me5.jpg.ab1d0bf160845e6a427ad804027b5fa5.jpg

kalab23,

I can understand your concern for future loss. It is good to think about the future and what type of pattern you might end up with.

I think conservatively it would be appropriate to use FUT or FUE on the one. If you are very concerned about the scar and want FUE, that should be just fine. Because of your young age, I would recommend only filling in the area of loss and not extending much the temporal points. This will help to give you more security that if you lose more hair the pattern you create will not eventually look unnatural. I think if you create a vertical line connecting the top hairs to the bottom hairs and fill in behind, you will have a big change. Eventhough the other side extends farther out, there will still be an improvement. Remember also, that over time, there is a good possibility that the existing temporal point may also recede a bit. There is really no need to have to extend the point out much further on the thin side. In the future, if you see that your hair loss pattern has slowed down or you feel more comfortable, you may at that time of course move the point out farther.

In the worst case scenario with FUE and future hair loss, you may laser or extract any unusual hair in this area.

kalab23,

I can understand your concern for future loss. It is good to think about the future and what type of pattern you might end up with.

I think conservatively it would be appropriate to use FUT or FUE on the one. If you are very concerned about the scar and want FUE, that should be just fine. Because of your young age, I would recommend only filling in the area of loss and not extending much the temporal points. This will help to give you more security that if you lose more hair the pattern you create will not eventually look unnatural. I think if you create a vertical line connecting the top hairs to the bottom hairs and fill in behind, you will have a big change. Eventhough the other side extends farther out, there will still be an improvement. Remember also, that over time, there is a good possibility that the existing temporal point may also recede a bit. There is really no need to have to extend the point out much further on the thin side. In the future, if you see that your hair loss pattern has slowed down or you feel more comfortable, you may at that time of course move the point out farther.

In the worst case scenario with FUE and future hair loss, you may laser or extract any unusual hair in this area.

Thank you for your reply Dr. Josephitis :)

What you mean by what you have just said is transplanting hairs behind the red line and not extend any further; did I get it right? (please check the attached image)

Thanks again!

me6.jpg.35dbf3eae0e4ab402d42f34f876615f9.jpg