Transplant Surgeon Guidance & Feedback

bsass

Hello All,

Looking for advice on cheaper options. Back about 4-5 years ago I had my first transplant done by Dr. Bradley Limmer in San Antonio Texas. I do not recall the exact amount of grafts but I think it was 800-1100. In any event I am considering another surgery within the next 24 months. While I enjoyed Dr Limmer's process there were some follicles which didn't take. He said that he would fix it for me but as you may, or may not know, he has has passed. Now his practice was sold to another doctor, she agreed to do something as well, but I want to explore other options first. Thus I am looking for a cheaper alternative.

• Does anyone know of a cheaper reputable doctor either in the US or outside? He was one of the most affordable ones back then.

• Is this a safe approach to consider cheaper alternatives?

• Also, are there any doctors who are reputable in Cancun?

Thanks for your help! :D

Shopping a surgeon by a cheaper price is not a good idea. If a doctor has to lower his or her price below the competition, then that should tell you something about the quality of the work and the confidence the doctor has in their work.

If you do not like the result, then the price will not matter yet you will regret the decision.

It is best advised to select a surgeon based on the proven skill and long term track record of the results along with a history of patient satisfaction.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Never a good idea shopping for price or location when it comes to something that you got to look at everyday in the mirror.

Price wise & depending on what type of HT surgery you want FUT would be around 30/50% less than FUE Surgery due to labor & skill.

My advice is to have a good read up on all the Doctors on this site, look up there before & after results then contact as many as possible ask questions to them & also ask questions to forum members to get a feel of what your goals can be but always keep your expectations in check as no HT is ever perfect nomatter what the picture's may show.

Its all about research, research & more research.

Edited by ontop

Be very particular, never allow price alone to be the determining factor of where you go.

Heck, I don't even trust more than about five coalition doctors to touch me, so make sure you do your homework, because this is something that will be with you until death.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Good luck with that.

Exactly!

I think the vast majority of disaster results we see from patients on this

message board are from patients that picked a surgeon that offered a "great price".

Heck I'd get a second job before I did that.

Can you imagine someone saying "hey anybody know a good cheap heart doctor that can do my open heart surgery?"

Either you can afford this or you cant....because no one can afford a disaster result.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Exactly!

I think the vast majority of disaster results we see from patients on this

message board are from patients that picked a surgeon that offered a "great price".

Heck I'd get a second job before I did that.

Can you imagine someone saying "hey anybody know a good cheap heart doctor that can do my open heart surgery?"

Either you can afford this or you cant....because no one can afford a disaster result.

It seems you may be misinterpreting my post, or maybe I wasn't as articulate as I should have been. I was trying to be quick to just grab info. I came to this forum, where knowledgeable users are, to simply tap the hair surgeon market and see who provides quality product at a more affordable price. I would never subject myself to anything sub-par or be in a situation I didn't feel would provide the desired outcome.

I used this forum to find Dr Limmer some years ago and was pleased with the result. Hence why I'm here again, doing research. I agree with you that not all doctors are created equal. And speaking as someone who has spent money on two another cosmetic touch, I know you can find good products at conservative prices if you do some digging. :D

Finally, to your comment regarding financial means. Dr. Limmer was paid cash and so will the next doctor. I'm not saying that I'm a rich man, but it's not something I need to borrow money to do. Again, the goal is to get the most bang for your buck :)

Thank you for your advice and also the warning about approaching a situation such as this with no research. I have read the horrible stories and seen the pictures. I don't want to and will not find myself in a similar situation. If I need anymore direction throughout this process I will be sure to let everyone know.

Edited by bsass

If your looki g for FUE surgery I suggest best bang for your buck so to speak would be Dr Vories whos a recommended doctor on this Forum who just said a few days ago on this forum he charges $5 a graft for the first 1500 & anything over is $4 a graft.

Dr vories many results can be seen on this Forum & you could also contact his patients to ask them questions on the level of service they had.

Just wanted to give you more options.

Good luck.

If your looki g for FUE surgery I suggest best bang for your buck so to speak would be Dr Vories whos a recommended doctor on this Forum who just said a few days ago on this forum he charges $5 a graft for the first 1500 & anything over is $4 a graft.

Dr vories many results can be seen on this Forum & you could also contact his patients to ask them questions on the level of service they had.

Just wanted to give you more options.

Good luck.

Excellent! Thanks you! This is exactly the type of information and feedback I was looking for. I'll look into this as well.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184525-michael-vories-md-fue-3000-grafts.html

No problem & only today Dr Vories posted another one of his many patients today if you want to take a look.

Just for the record I don't work for Dr Vories in any way, I & other members just enjoy looking at his work at a reasonable price especially for FUE in the USA.

Good luck.

Edited by ontop

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184525-michael-vories-md-fue-3000-grafts.html

No problem & only today Dr Vories posted another one of his many patients today if you want to take a look.

Just for the record I don't work for Dr Vories in any way, I & other members just enjoy looking at his work at a reasonable price especially for FUE in the USA.

Good luck.

Thanks! I'll be sure to do that. Appreciate your feedback and guidance.

Dr. Tom Rosanelli, M.D running offers

special hair transplant prices - Tom Rosanelli, M.D.                             Simply...more hair

Follicular Unit Strip First time patients only. Prices through August 1, 2016

Minimum = $4887

1400 grafts = $5197

1600 grafts = $5647

1800 grafts = $6189

2000 grafts = $6797

2200 grafts = $7187

2400 grafts = $7669

2600 grafts = $7989

Additional grafts will be $2 a graft after 2600 grafts.

Dr Nader seems like the best bang for your buck. Lots of reviews out their, even on YouTube. I personally know someone that went to him and seems to be 100% satisfied.

I have yet to find one complaint about his work.. The complaint with Dr Nader is that it's hard to get a hold of him through email.

I got my previous HT in NYC. And next month, I'll be seeing Dr Nader for my next surgery. Paying 1/3 of the price for more grafts then I paid in NYC.

Dr Nader seems like the best bang for your buck. Lots of reviews out their, even on YouTube. I personally know someone that went to him and seems to be 100% satisfied.

I have yet to find one complaint about his work.. The complaint with Dr Nader is that it's hard to get a hold of him through email.

I got my previous HT in NYC. And next month, I'll be seeing Dr Nader for my next surgery. Paying 1/3 of the price for more grafts then I paid in NYC.

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. I sent him and email but obviously haven't heard back. How long did it take for you to get a response? Did it take multiple emails to get contact?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. I sent him and email but obviously haven't heard back. How long did it take for you to get a response? Did it take multiple emails to get contact?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Now when i wrote him an email he responds right away. He even gave me his number to reach him if need be..

Best bet... Write an email and submit pics...

And wrote .. PICS FOR MY SURGERY

That's just my suggestion... Cause he gets alot of emails, And he's booked months in advance.

Now when i wrote him an email he responds right away. He even gave me his number to reach him if need be..

Best bet... Write an email and submit pics...

And wrote .. PICS FOR MY SURGERY

That's just my suggestion... Cause he gets alot of emails, And he's booked months in advance.

Got it. Thanks!

bsass - Dr Nader responded to me after 2 days back in May. I am now 6 weeks post my FUE procedure with him. My email subject to him was:

RE: Santa Clara, California interested in FUE procedure for 2250 Grafts

Emailed him 5/5/16 and he responded 5/7/16. I think he gets a lot of members here that email him wanting to validate his work without any real interest in getting a procedure done. This wastes a lot of time. He fields thousands of emails a day. The more you be proactive you are about your interest in getting a procedure, the more likelihood and chances you'll get a response. My .02 cents.

Happy researching!

bsass - Dr Nader responded to me after 2 days back in May. I am now 6 weeks post my FUE procedure with him. My email subject to him was:

RE: Santa Clara, California interested in FUE procedure for 2250 Grafts

Emailed him 5/5/16 and he responded 5/7/16. I think he gets a lot of members here that email him wanting to validate his work without any real interest in getting a procedure done. This wastes a lot of time. He fields thousands of emails a day. The more you be proactive you are about your interest in getting a procedure, the more likelihood and chances you'll get a response. My .02 cents.

Happy researching!

Thanks! I'm not ready to get it done just now, I'm headed to have cosmetic dental work done to fix years of unconscious grinding. So I'll save my pestering him till I'm truly ready to come.