Dutasteride

Darkhorse23

If it ain't broke don't fix it. I would stick with the fin. Risk of shedding and other bad side effects by changing meds.

Thats a fair point. Isn't the shedding short lasting and reverts back anyways. I have been doing 5 mg Finasteride for almost 4 years and in the beginning there was some shedding. Then it stopped and the loss has been slowed. I have been thinking if I am missing out on the benefits of Dutasteride especially since in the study comparing the two with 416 participants the conclusion I read was

Scalp DHT reduction:

Dutasteride 2.5 mg - 79%

Dutasteride 0.5 mg - 51%

Dutasteride 0.1 mg - 41%

Finasteride 5 mg - 32%

Adverse Effects:

Placebo - 2 subjects

Dutasteride 2.5 mg - 9 subjects

Dutasteride 0.5 mg - 1 subject

Dutasteride 0.1 mg - 2 subjects

Finasteride 5 mg - 3 subjects

Why did Dutasteride 0.5 mg or even 0.1 mg not render 5 mg Finasteride? Clearly the benefits and adverse effects would make the latter a far more inferior option.

For me while on Finasteride I may have experienced gynecomastia but I did put on weight so I don't know if it true gynecomastia. Sex drive is higher. No erection problems. I am 29 years old at NW II going to III. I am quite confused why I shouldn't switch to Dut 0.5 mg?

Cheers,

Jay

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, I recently switched to Dutasteride from Finasteride. I was on Fin for about 14 years but noticed that my hairloss was slowly increasing over the last year or so.

I've been on Dut for about 6 weeks now. I'm definitely experiencing increased shedding since the change (it's been mad the last fortnight) but from reading about the drug, that seems natural and a sign of it working.

I've not noticed any side effects as yet.

S