Cant get Rid of Stubborn Fat

glenalm

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

As I get older I am finding that I need to eat a lot less to maintain the same weight. A combination of weight lifting ( doesn't have to be heavy) and cardio really helps to increase the metabolism and burn off the calories.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Not so easy to loose and gets harder as we get older Its almost all about diet need to eat less constantly weight yourself once a week if your not loosing need to eat less :)

Maybe have your testosterone and accompanying hormone levels checked by a reputable doctor or clinic specializing in HRT Hormone Replacement Therapy.  Stubborn fat around the mid-section can be a sign of low testosterone levels.

I use Defy Medical 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So if you've seen my thread of growing my hair back,  one of the things I do is a 30 day cleanse. This is not part of what I've been doing for my hair, I've been doing these since 2012. If your committed to losing weight I wholeheartedly recommend this. It is NOT a weight loss program. weight loss is just one of the things that comes along with it. I have been regularly doing these every year, 2 or 3 times a year. I really feel doing these cleanses has aided the other things I've been doing to grow my hair back. When your body is free of all the crap we put it in daily, and trust I put a lot of crap in it LOL, things like your hair nails and skin all look and feel better. This is a fact. 

I practice what I preach, the picture is of my cabinet. I use the products often, even not when doing a full 30 day cleanse. I also keep a couple bottles of rum with it all, but that's neither here nor there lol

it incorporates full meal replacements and intermittent fasting along with proprietary items that assist in boosting metabolism and muscle growth.

It's not hard, if you want more info just asK me here or PM me I'm happy to impart whatever help I can.

The website can be kind of confusing if anyone needs me to walk you through it let me know.

They have a 100% refund policy before 30 days. That means if after a week or 2 or 3 you feel it isn't working, you can send it back! You have nothing to lose here but weight!

LINK

https://Team-ISA.isagenix.com/

isagenix.thumb.jpeg.3a31509f824fbf0800cb67e5cd905f8b.jpeg

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

First of all, except you are below 7-8% BF, it is not stubborn. It is just fat.
Fat loss is primarily a matter of calories and protein. Given an adeguate amount of protein (2-3 gr/kg BW), if you eat less than your burn, you'll loose fat. There is not magic equation or slimming food.
that means: eat less and/or move more.
don't give a sxxt to useless thing like "when should I do cardio" "how many calories should I burn from cardio?" "should I have empty stomach cardio?" "how many meals?" "should I eat carbo at night or not?"
Eat less than you burn.
If you are below 7-8%, you can take care of "stubborn body fat".
The main reason you have more fat in some areas is because you have more a2 adrenoreceptors that slow down lypolisys.
What can you do?
a) starving
b) cardio
c) food timing. (eat around wait training, have just a few protein during the day, walk a lot/make cardio on empty stomach).
you can read "the stubborn fat solution" Lyle McDonald. It can help you a lot

Edited by duchaine
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...

Fasting is a great suggestion,  started couch to 5k app a few year ago and now run 3-7 miles each run maybe 2-3 times a week. I think that helps, as well as kettlebell workouts (loads on youtube)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here's what has worked for me.

1.  Watch the carbs!

2.  Protein and veggies!

3.  Stop eating at 6pm - this will work wonders but it sucks!!

4.  Drink lots of water - I typically drink 2-3L a day

5.  Stay away from salty foods as you will retain water and it's a real de-motivator.

6.  Regular exercise - mix of cardio and weight training.  Keeps metabolism purring along.

• Like 1

I'm getting a virtual trainer to help me stay motivated

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• 2 weeks later...