3.5 months post fue scalp pain

Hi everyone,

I'm 3.5 months post fue and upon shampooing the scalp in the recipient site it is sore. Is this normal I just went to a hairdresser and he washed my scalp a bit intensely almost nail like on the recipient site. Will my grafts be fine ? And is it normal to still have some tenderness at the recipient site. There's no redness.

Thanks

ali

First off, I would contact your surgeon to get their official opinion on the matter. I always think it's a good idea to keep them in the loop with any worries or concerns you have post-op, so that on the off chance that something ends up needing to be addressed, they're aware of what's happened up to that point.

That being said, it seems like this is relatively normal. I had mild scalp pain/tenderness for a couple months or so after my procedure, but mostly in the donor area. It was caused my mild nerve irritation where the grafts had been extracted. It eventually subsided completely, just as my surgeon told me it would.

And regarding the hairdresser and the aggressive washing, your grafts are totally fine. I would tell her in the future to be gentle, though. That doesn't sound like a fun time.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56