4000 grafts planted by Dr Bhatti 2 years ago

Hi Everyone,

This is my experience with Dr Bhatti, i had a HT procedures with Dr Bhatti in India back in 2014 , i posted my experience from that procedure , here is the link below

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175328-edmonton-chandigarh-%96-dr-bhatti-4000-grafts.html

after the procedure, i am still taking 1mg of proprecia everyday

Now, after 2 years, i'm not really happy with the result. I see my transplanted hairs are falling off everyday ( which is not supposed to since transplanted hair were harvested from back of my head). You can see from the pictures that doesn't seems like a 4000+ graft have been planted on my head.

Another thing that i'm very disappointed about Dr Bhatti is since this happen, I try to send him email everyday to ask for any suggestion. But i have not received any returning email from him:(

So if anyone one of you consider Dr Bhatti for future hair transplant, please take a look at my post and consider very carefully.

thanks

DSCN4077.thumb.jpg.77e901125a036c134d45d00b0b52aaff.jpg

DSC_0003.thumb.jpg.017c4d9674a233f7ee15a903c8b81761.jpg

DSC_0005.thumb.jpg.233cb0d94651b64f8c64ab08cecfaf20.jpg

DSC_0034.thumb.jpg.91e7f7c90b8d9bf5237ee798929b8bb3.jpg

DSC_0035.thumb.jpg.dba22114c4ab4aeea40ef05887c970a1.jpg

DSC_0038.thumb.jpg.c360d4d19aba160b81456d6ec7fe3d5d.jpg

DSC_0040.thumb.jpg.d6a9ffba4c1db8bebfa6365fbee46971.jpg

sorry to see such a poor a result, my only guess is that you subjected yourself too much trauma with having two large sessions within 24hours of each other. I'm guessing you thought, that traveling a long way to then wait a year or more to go back and repeat the same and then wait another long year for the final result was just too much time and money, why better way than to fast track and get it all done in one hit. ive seen many others get mega sessions why not me. I also noticed you were NW6 almost NW7, i think 4000 was never going to get the result you wanted and 2 FUT mega sessions were your only real choice for a good result, saying that i think your poor result is due to the two sessions within 24hours

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

First of all, you are not even close to being a Norwood 7 based on the pics posted (as was suggested above). Secondly 4000 grafts is enough to create a density of 50 fu per cm2 in the first 80 cm2 of your recipient zone. Just because you had poor growth does not mean that 4000 grafts is an insignificant number of grafts. As a layman, I believe that recreating a strong frontal and partial mid scalp zone should have been a priority. Thirdly, this result illustrates why one should reconsider the decision before going the budget route in HT surgery. This is especially concerning seeing as Dr. Bhatti hasn't even responded to some of your emails after the surgery (as per your account).

Perhaps you could travel to Brussels for a biopsy and recommendation from Dr. Bisanga. Also, I would consider consulting with Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid (in person). I have seen some wonderful repair results from Dr. Lorenzo. Best of luck to you and thanks for sharing your experience. Please keep us posted.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

sorry to see such a poor a result, my only guess is that you subjected yourself too much trauma with having two large sessions within 24hours of each other. I'm guessing you thought, that traveling a long way to then wait a year or more to go back and repeat the same and then wait another long year for the final result was just too much time and money, why better way than to fast track and get it all done in one hit. ive seen many others get mega sessions why not me. I also noticed you were NW6 almost NW7, i think 4000 was never going to get the result you wanted and 2 FUT mega sessions were your only real choice for a good result, saying that i think your poor result is due to the two sessions within 24hours

I have to say, it's very disappointing and annoying to see this kind of reply where you are essentially placing responsibility for the poor outcome solely in the hands of the patient for his decisions, when in reality, the result is almost entirely determined by the Dr. himself. Obviously you've hard good work done by Bhatti, not sure if you also rep for him, but at the end of the day, a poor result is a poor result and a complete abdication of responsibility for it isn't something anyone on this forum would expect of a recommended Dr or those who represent him.

- If the procedure carried out was unlikely to be a success because of the option of causing too much trauma, isn't the Dr. responsible for making the patient very aware of this? Isn't he the one with the expertise to advise on a more realistic treatment plan?

- Even if the OP is NW6/7 his expectations should have been properly managed and a conservative approach should have been taken, doesn't look like that from the pics though - again, role of the surgeon.

- Yes all of us have seen megasessions with good outcomes, and rarely with such poor outcomes. The OP was well within his rights to think the same, given Dr Bhatti himself often posts such results, so , again, criticism of him for thinking along these lines stinks of hypocrisy.

Yes there are factors which can contribute to poor outcomes which are beyond the Docs control, but from your comment, the factors contributing to a poor result all fall under the Drs. remit.

@Dragonfly, thank you for posting. This is the scenario that all potential HT patients fear, particularly when the Dr seems to have taken the "not my problem" approach. I'm sure i'm not the only one on here who has had consultations and is giving thought about undergoing HT surgery with Dr Bhatti, so it is important that the forum is informed of these things to enable more informed choices.

let's all not jump to conclusions right now there's got to be an underlying issue going on here as to why the grafts didn't take.weather it's the speed of the operation, dr bhatti skill or the body rejecting the grafts all together. going back to your 1st thread things looked ok it could of been better but from then till now things look completely different which is why i think the body's just rejecting them for some reason.which is why I'd like dr bhatti(and I'm sure he will) to comment on this and give he's side of things. as a future patient( I was planning on going next year) I'd like to hear how and what he thinks went wrong.

let's all not jump to conclusions right now there's got to be an underlying issue going on here as to why the grafts didn't take.weather it's the speed of the operation, dr bhatti skill or the body rejecting the grafts all together. going back to your 1st thread things looked ok it could of been better but from then till now things look completely different which is why i think the body's just rejecting them for some reason.which is why I'd like dr bhatti(and I'm sure he will) to comment on this and give he's side of things. as a future patient( I was planning on going next year) I'd like to hear how and what he thinks went wrong.

Agree with this totally, I disagreed with Sethicles take on things. Dr Bhatti is obviously a skilled surgeon who has posted great results in the past but I do think that there is accountability for his poor results to, which can happen. In that situation, I would say it is important for him to be in contact with the patient and on here to clear a few things up. I really disagree with claiming its the patients fault for the approach he took to hair restoration, because at the end of the day, the doc should be the one who refuses to pursue a treatment plan which is high risk of failure.

Agreed. Grafts too spread out and yield a bit questionable.

First of all, you are not even close to being a Norwood 7 based on the pics posted (as was suggested above). Secondly 4000 grafts is enough to create a density of 50 fu per cm2 in the first 80 cm2 of your recipient zone. Just because you had poor growth does not mean that 4000 grafts is an insignificant number of grafts. As a layman, I believe that recreating a strong frontal and partial mid scalp zone should have been a priority. Thirdly, this result illustrates why one should reconsider the decision before going the budget route in HT surgery. This is especially concerning seeing as Dr. Bhatti hasn't even responded to some of your emails after the surgery (as per your account).

Perhaps you could travel to Brussels for a biopsy and recommendation from Dr. Bisanga. Also, I would consider consulting with Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid (in person). I have seen some wonderful repair results from Dr. Lorenzo. Best of luck to you and thanks for sharing your experience. Please keep us posted.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

You should grow your hair so you can take advantage of layering with a side part. I agree, too big of an area was done for the number of grafts. But I also agree that it looks like you lost some ground since your original case. Hope he gets back with you.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi dragonfly2014,

Looked at your old thread and new pictures. In old thread growth was looking normal but I agree with you in the current pictures, you have been loosing grafts. Sorry about that.

I am sure Dr Bhatti will be able to help you on this and may be reason out about the outcome. I know that results differ from person to person, but I have seen consistent quality results from Dr Bhatti on this forum.

Let us see, what Dr Bhatti has to say in this.

Dear Mr. Dragonfly2014,

I am quite upset to see you are unhappy and I wish to understand what is happening. First, I refer to your statement..

try to send him email everyday to ask for any suggestion. But i have not received any returning email from him

Unfortunately I have seen no emails referencing your concerns and I see and respond to every email sent to me personally. Please confirm you are emailing me at dearbhatti@gmail.com. This will allow me to know who you are so I can find your file and properly assess your history. Be sure to include your full name and exact date of your procedure.

u will need about 6500-7000 grafts to fill that space properly. 4000 grafts will not cover a NW6. it will look like ur HT looks now which is thin and spaced out.

until ur head has another 2500-3000 grafts which is wat is required ur dreaming if u think 4000 grafts is gonna give u any density.

although I do agree it doesn't look like u even got 4000 grafts. prob more like 3500 which means u need double wat u currently have.

Dear Mr. Dragonfly2014,

I am quite upset to see you are unhappy and I wish to understand what is happening. First, I refer to your statement..

Unfortunately I have seen no emails referencing your concerns and I see and respond to every email sent to me personally. Please confirm you are emailing me at dearbhatti@gmail.com. This will allow me to know who you are so I can find your file and properly assess your history. Be sure to include your full name and exact date of your procedure.

Hi Dr Bhatti,

thanks for providing me the new email, the email i sent to you was the one i used to contact you before and after the procedure, and i didn't realise you have changed your email. Anyways, i have sent you another one to discuss more about what is your suggestions to improve my desperate situation now. Thanks for your response

Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs and suggestion.

I do believe Dr Bhatti is a very competent surgeon and I believe he will give me some good suggestions to guide me to the right direction in fixing my hair.

I will speak to him on email and will keep updating my post so you can get some good experience on my

thanks

Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs and suggestion.

I do believe Dr Bhatti is a very competent surgeon and I believe he will give me some good suggestions to guide me to the right direction in fixing my hair.

I will speak to him on email and will keep updating my post so you can get some good experience on my

thanks

Hi Dragonfly,

I am glad that you are in touch with Dr. Bhatti now. You and I had been communicating with each other via private messaging on this forum last year. At that time you had mentioned that things were progressing well with your HT. I too had not heard from you since then.

At Darling Buds (Dr. Bhatti's) Clinic, we take the satisfaction of our Patients very seriously and are always ready to do whatever it takes to help our Patient's reach their realistic HT goals.

Please note that we are just an email or a phone call away.....always happy to help.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi Dragonfly,

I am glad that you are in touch with Dr. Bhatti now. You and I had been communicating with each other via private messaging on this forum last year. At that time you had mentioned that things were progressing well with your HT. I too had not heard from you since then.

At Darling Buds (Dr. Bhatti's) Clinic, we take the satisfaction of our Patients very seriously and are always ready to do whatever it takes to help our Patient's reach their realistic HT goals.

Please note that we are just an email or a phone call away.....always happy to help.

Best regards,

California

Hi California,

yes, things had gone very well last year. So that's why i didn't contact you since i was quite happy with the growth. The picture below was the one i took year and half ago. My graft started falling only within this half year. It's falling so bad to the point that everday i wake up, i would see some grafts on my pillow. Not sure if this happens to anyone in this forum or only me?

I have a friend, he is caucasian , did the same procedure on the same day as me by Dr Bhatti as well and he is having a very nice growth. and i take care of my hair same way as he does. Not sure if it's because i'm asian and he is caucasian

14101540_1708997712697288_1551822330_n.jpg.2ad48e2f64ab33dc9e5a639371d6e792.jpg

Hi Dragonfly,

Please don't stress too much. We will surely get to the bottom of this and will make sure that you are taken care of. I personally don't think that ethnicity would play a role here.

Good news is that you are communicating with Dr. Bhatti now and he is staying on top of this.

Again, please feel free to reach out to me anytime with any questions and/or concerns. Always happy to help.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi Dragonfly, Ive re-read my message on this thread, and it doesn't read how I wanted it to sound. so i just wanted to apoligise for adding fuel to the flame, glad to see Dr Bhatti is now doing the best he can to solve the problem. I can only compare my own experiences with my 3 trips to Chandigarh and my own planning along the way, and if i could have done it all in one trip I would have, but I was very cautious about the risk and felt a long slow journey or 2 or 3 HTs would be safer option. thats kind of what I meant but assuming you thought otherwise was unfair and wrong. hope you are ok

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Agreed. Grafts too spread out and yield a bit questionable.

From the pictures I saw, I agree. This was never going to be a great result from the get-go, it needed nearly double the number received, so maybe it would be thin coverage at best. That said, it looks like even what was transplanted didn't seem to take that well so it will be very interesting to see if the doctor can figure out what happened. He has a solid reputation.

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

From the pictures I saw, I agree. This was never going to be a great result from the get-go, it needed nearly double the number received, so maybe it would be thin coverage at best. That said, it looks like even what was transplanted didn't seem to take that well so it will be very interesting to see if the doctor can figure out what happened. He has a solid reputation.

What am I missing? How could 4000 grafts on a NW6 be any better than this? The result looks like it was pretty darn good and Dragonfly said as much himself till it started going downhill so your opinion contradicts what I'm seeing and what the OP said about it himself.

attachment.php?attachmentid=61299&d=1400473365

attachment.php?attachmentid=97313&d=1471971906

every thread I open on Bhatti is some patient complaining about either lack of density or lack of growth. either way this is a common complaint pertaining to this doctor.

his work is just awful! I really find it hard to believe that he is even a recommended doctor here. he would be the absolute last doctor I would choose. in fact, I wudnt chose him if he was free!

he doesn't seem to grasp the concept of density. his grafts are implanted way too far apart. I'm guessing its a lack of skill and not being about to place grafts that close together without having grafts survive.

either way I would avoid him like the plague!

Hi Skylar, perhaps you might want to open my thread, kind of contradicts you in a very very big way.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

Also, I happen to be in the UK, so you are free to see my fantastic result in person if you so wish. There are many more like me who just choose to walk away, move on and enjoy life with their new hair rather than spend any more of their time on forums.

Also, your post is remarkably very similar to another recent poster, maybe you are the same person or maybe you are a lemming, I'll let the forum decide.

Edited by Shera