jbl2093

Facial Change with Finasteride

Hey guys,

I haven't posted in the medication section before, but wanted to hear if anyone ever experienced facial changes with finasteride? I've been on it for about a year and half and just now a lot of people have commented on how different i look (thinner younger) - Not a good thing, i already look thin and young for my age and concerned this drug may be having a slightly feminizing/ weight loss effect.

I've been eating and exercising same as always.

This is not fear mongering I promise you, but a quick internet search will reveal copious amounts of photographic evidence.

Could you post some evidence in this thread to help with researchers in the future? Site a study?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Could you post some evidence in this thread to help with researchers in the future? Site a study?

With all due respect, and I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain there are no studies tracing the effects of finasteride directly on physiognomy.

Though I could link to several studies examining lower 5 AR in hermaphrodites and the unique facial characteristic among them. I'm not sure the rules of this site allow me posting links to propecia help, but all I can find is anecdotal evidence, much like the widely known continuous shedding on finasteride.

I'm simply asking others who take the drug whether they suspect the drug has had any impact not their face whatsoever.

It's known to cause gyno; it's not completely unreasonable to suspect that it can have an impact on bone density or subcutaneous fat in the face.

I have seen hundreds of guys get on fin. I have heard of a coupled guys attribute fin to gyno concerns but never facial feminization. I've read of a couple attribute it to penile shrinkage. I haven't experienced any of it. I've heard people say it caused facial swelling, weight gain, etc. Never weight loss or facial change that I can remember.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Yep ive heard the same as spanker that Fin can cause weight gain especially around the mid section which me personally think that could be water retention holding back more than fat itself. But never seen or heard of weight loss unless a reasonable explanation could be that a person may of had pretty good positive growth on scalp hence there hair looks a lot fuller & in some people if that happens then people could look like they lost weight, kinda the same when patients have HT 12mth down the line friends & family .make comments such as oh you look like you lost weight but really its that there face is framed nicely to make them look a bit thinner if that makes sense.

Now the other stuff Rogain/ Min ive heard & seen that it can give you that puffy bloated look & maybe some weight gain also, im not so sure as I haven't seen any studies of such but hear a lot that some guys gets these type of symptoms or sides using Min.

Both drugs are far from perfect but that's all we have to work with right now unfortunately.

Facial wasting : Physical, Non-Sexual Side Effects

For those claiming muscle/ bone loss - how much weight have you lost? : Physical, Non-Sexual Side Effects

Here are two threads (there are mayny more) about this issue. I'm certain I'm expereincing these after looking at old pictures of myself and after hearing "real talk" from others. Anyone else please share your experiences.

Seft diagnosing is usually an awful idea. That being said, good luck and hopefully you get to the bottom of the issue

It's not a self diagnosis if multiple endocrinologists have the same theory...

It's not a self diagnosis if multiple endocrinologists have the same theory...

If multiple endocrinologist that have seen you have that theory than I would get off of it. If multiple docs have posed this as a theory but not seen you, then it is a self diagnosis. You should consider getting checked out in person by a physician and have labs done. But seriously, if I were that concerned like you seem to be, I would ditch it and hit the gym.

Hair systems are also pretty impressive these days, so you could have a backup plan.

Propeciahelp .com website will convince you that Propecia causes HIV, malaria, and zika.

Sure, there are some legit stories there, but IMO, it is also filled with hypochondriacs whose mission is to have fin banned and make us all bald because they are afraid to take it.

View Spanker's Website

I've honestly never heard of this however, I've also never heard of anyone saying that looking thinner or younger is a bad thing either. Now I get that if you are already very thin that looking even thinner may not be that good, but looking younger than UR is never a bad thing and even if it is a bad thing at a young age, it will eventually become a good thing as you age.

That said, I've never heard of Propecia making somebody look younger or thinner although I could see how a reduction in DHT may concern someone regarding feminization however, Propecia does not eliminate testosterone. If anything, it just blocks the 5/alpha reductase enzyme preventing the conversion of testosterone to DHT.

Best wishes,

Bill

I am the managing publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog and this Hair Loss Forum. I am also a 4 time hair transplant patient. View my patient hair loss website to view my entire hair restoration journey with photos.

Remember, true beauty radiates from within, not from the skin.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Honestly, I think this is all in your head.

1. It can actually be bad to look younger (thinner I don't know) in a certain part of your career. E.g. when you want a promotion and look to young = unexperienced (I have that problem myself). But: This will vanish. We all get old and by the time, looking younger will be an advantage in all parts of your life (private or professional).

2. The stories/rumors that FIN makes you look younger go around for a long time. Some take Spencer Kobren as an example. However, I think it is still anecdotal. For myself: I always looked younger, and FIN or MINOX haven’t changed it.

3 Never, ever (!) have I heard about thinning (of the body) as a result of FIN or thinning as a result of feminization. Women tend to have more body fat so it makes really no sense.

For myself I just had my yearly health check.

Everything is fine or better than before FIN: From blood pressure, over heart rate to blood values and muscle strength.

Edited by Gasthoerer

I gained weight and noticed it in my face, then my hips/waist.

A lot of people gain weight over time with or without FIN.

Here is some pics of someone who has very bad case of PFS.

Photographic Evidence - Wrinkled Skin & Fat Loss : Physical, Non-Sexual Side Effects

This picture shows no evidence. It is just a picture without any meaning, no more no less.

The picture is the evidence. Why don't you read the original thread ?

Photographic Evidence - Wrinkled Skin & Fat Loss : Physical, Non-Sexual Side Effects

The original thread is no more evidence as well.

There are just some more pictures of someone not 20 any more, period.

Maybe you have health issues or maybe not, I don't know. The point is: This pictures proof nothing.

Here's more evidence of the effect Finasteride can have on the face this guy only took the drug for 4 days.

Bq11JZjIIAMy-J6.jpgBq11JZjIIAMy-J6.jpg

Bq11JZjIIAMy-J6.jpg

fin.jpg.da19f3a313e796de16652e64b542eb1a.jpg

Please stop this! These are again just some random pictures, which proofs nothing.

You are only here for fear mongering. This will only confuse/scare many poor hairloss sufferers, who could benefit from an early intervention with meds.

The guy on this picture is on top a NW 0 with better hair than 99.9 % of all users in this forum.

Here is a "proof" what an actual hair loss sufferer from the future thinks about your picture:

Facepalm.jpg.cdadb94504bcd6e29a03ae277e210ce7.jpg

Please stop this! These are again just some random pictures, which proofs nothing.

You are only here for fear mongering. This will only confuse/scare many poor hairloss sufferers, who could benefit from an early intervention with meds.

The guy on this picture is on top a NW 0 with better hair than 99.9 % of all users in this forum.

Here is a "proof" what an actual hair loss sufferer from the future thinks about your picture:

Fear mongering ? the drug has destroyed my life and many thousands like me.

I believed the lies that Finasteride was "safe" and now I can't even work because of damage Finasteride has done to my health.

The fact that Finasteride can make people suicidal should make most people think twice before they take it.

By taking Finasteride you are playing russian roulette with your mental physical and sexual health.

https://www.gov.uk/drug-safety-update/finasteride-rare-reports-of-depression-and-suicidal-thoughts

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/gqywem/the-medical-mystery-behind-americas-best-selling-hair-loss-drug

Everyone can understand that you have problems. I feel with you! But, if your issues are from FIN? No one actually knows.

Like I said: Your pictures unfortunately are so far from "proof", like I am from flying to outer space with the "Enterprise". And yes, posting random horror pictures without any background story is fear mongering. The "data" from your quoted studies are so poor, it is embarrassing. FIN is almost all we got and it worth a try for most people. Yes, we should talk about risk, but in an appropriate way.

Please read the sides from Aspirin or any other medication. Scary! And even People died from Aspirin. Where is you tread with horror pictures about that?

Everyone can understand that you have problems. I feel with you! But, if your issues are from FIN? No one actually knows.

Like I said: Your pictures unfortunately are so far from "proof", like I am from flying to outer space with the "Enterprise". And yes, posting random horror pictures without any background story is fear mongering. The "data" from your quoted studies are so poor, it is embarrassing. FIN is almost all we got and it worth a try for most people. Yes, we should talk about risk, but in an appropriate way.

Please read the sides from Aspirin or any other medication. Scary! And even People died from Aspirin. Where is you tread with horror pictures about that?

Yes 100% all my issues come my use of Fin.

When I came off the drug I experienced the dreaded hormonal "crash" in which my testicles shrunk and my libido was wipped out over night which I still have not recoverd from 5 years later.

I also lost a shit load of weight in a very short space of time and became very weak with little or no energy. I wasn't able to leave my house for days at a time.

My dick is like rubber now and I have little or no feeling in it.

The drug gave me chronic insomnia and wipped out my short memory to the point were I would have to write down the simplest things because I couldnt remember anything.

But of course you are going to tell me that my health problems have nothing what soever to with finasteride.

So its normal for someone in their 20s to have their libido cut down to zero overnight and never recover.