1859 FUE with Dr. Hasson

Really happy for you mate! Seeing Dr H is one of if not the best decisions I've ever made and I'm happy to see others thinking the same (you, me, spidey, noair etc.)

I am hoping I am next to be added to that group ;) Congrats trashpanda on your progress, it looks great! I know you were jealous of others further along the process than yourself earlier on and now I can say that I am of you! (2 months and counting.....)

My transplant story: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185689-2623-graft-fue-dr-hasson-2.html

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, buddy! You're looking great for 6 months. I had a little gap in the density of mine in the v at the front of my hairline which has since filled in very nicely. The fact that yours looks really dense at this stage is very promising. I can see what you mean about the texture - it will resolve, albeit slowly. If it bothers you, I found that using conditioner and leaving it in for a couple of minutes while showering in the morning greatly helps to soften the hair.

Another Hasson Home Run.

Very beautiful FUE results by H&W lately. FUE really has shown great outcomes.

Does H&W advocate the use of ATP spray after the transplant? Wonder if it improves graft survival, especially when the grafts are more fragile compared to FUT.

Best Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Insane growth at 6 month OP! Time to enjoy your hair already. Seems that H&W's fue are getting a lot of success recently.

BTW Your pics remind me of something I've noticed for a while about hair line restoration: if you look at the intermediate area between the frontal third and the side, especially where transplanted hairs meet the temple point, you would notice a slight unnaturalness due to thick transplanted hairs in front of already thinned out hairs right behind it.

That being said, you're temple point's still going strong plus you're on finasteride so should be fine. Looks amazing regardless. I personally am more concerned since I'm losing quite a bit of my temple points and alerted of the possibility of having an ugly gap there should I go for a new hairline. Wonder what you guys think on this subject.

I think I know what you mean. However, it is more noticeable now because the transplanted hairs have not "softened" yet and are a more course texture and dark color than my native hairs behind them. I also style my hair in a way that accentuates what you're saying so since the transplanted hair doesn't lay down like the native hair yet, it creates the appearance of a minor gap. If I wasn't on proscar I'm sure a real gap would form even when the hair softens and it would look weird. So needless to say I have no plans on stopping. As for your situation, it's hard for me to to telll without pics. However, I will say that dr hasson asked me if I was ok with my current temple points (since the sharpness of them has kind of faded and receded) and I said I didn't want to do any work on them. There are moments where I regret this decision because just a minor amount of grafts would have shaped my face a bit better. However, I think I will be happy saving those grafts for a rainy day when I'm older and I lose more hair behind the transplant. I don't need sharp temple points when I'm 50. I also like to keep my sides short and when transplanted hair is too short it doesn't give the illusion of density.

Thanks for the compliments and I hope the hair softens soon so I can show you what I mean.

• 1 month later...

At 9 months things have filled in nicely, while the transplanted hair is still darker/more course in texture than native hair. Overall I'm very pleased with the results and I have received several compliments on my hair which is new. Here's some pictures I took in natural light after just waking up and wetting + combing my hair back quickly so it's still a little messy.. It's what I do every morning and is one of the main reasons I wanted a HT- to spend less time worrying about my hair

IMG_2293.thumb.JPG.75a8a0b7315dbdde85d0f00f7043c9c1.JPG

IMG_2294.thumb.JPG.91d63c589c416b26382e08fc66b170af.JPG

IMG_2295.thumb.JPG.e82e39ff68c1cd4a5a8e8f90e7f1d7e9.JPG

Thanks pkipling, yes it was a very positive overall experience and I couldn't be happier with my choice in H&W. Glad to know I'm not the only one who can have that much of a brain slip and forget their passport, however it is not the first time it has happened to me. You would think I would have learned from the first time, but I'm just so glad that it all worked out and I finally got the procedure done.

I've attached a few pics of the hairline/temples where the work was done. I'm hoping to get the clinic pre-op and post-op photos tomorrow and I will update the thread with those, which I'm sure are higher quality than my own photos. When you see the recipient area, keep in mind that areas far back already had some hair in them, but they had thinned out some. So Dr. Hasson decided to put some grafts there to thicken it up. I'm also glad that we went with strengthening my temples. Dr. Hasson thought the follicular density of the total transplanted area was around 60 per cm^2

edit: my pics are coming out sideways and I apologize. How do I make them come in at the right orientation?

May I ask whether you had any pimples in your donor area around 3 to 5 week mark? I recently had the same procedure and am experiencing a fair number of pimples in my donor area.

Yes and I still get random ones in the donor area up to this day. I never found it to be an issue though.

Thank you so much for your quick response! It helps so much because of my anxiety during the post-op period. I need to simply ignore the pimples and stop looking at them in the mirror. Also, popping them doesn't help much. Anyhow, I am glad (of course I am not happy that you experienced same) that I am not the only case with donor area pimples after a month post-op.

Great progress. If I may ask a question, how far in (cm) is it from the middle of your hairline to your eye brows?

I've been reading a lot of books on hair transplants and would like to know the design/measurements of the hairline, etc.

No idea on the distance you're talking about. I find it to be somewhat irrelevant since everyone's head shape + hair loss pattern + age makes for a unique situation every time. A credible surgeon will design an appropriate hairline, period.

I've attached a couple 9 month pics styled

IMG_2459.thumb.jpg.3c4f4b01594cfb0c605438232dc5d1a2.jpg

IMG_2460.thumb.jpg.76915fc0c2f6f96edbf654a4f4a5963b.jpg

I had pimples in the donor area as well. Lasted up to probably three months? My donor was pretty itchy too but all was fine after a few months.

The distance from hairline to eyebrow was irrelevant to me too. I was more concerned about density and naturalness than an adolescent hairline.

No idea on the distance you're talking about. I find it to be somewhat irrelevant since everyone's head shape + hair loss pattern + age makes for a unique situation every time. A credible surgeon will design an appropriate hairline, period.

I've attached a couple 9 month pics styled

This may sound absurd, but I have to ask regardless. I had FUE surgery on April 7 with Dr. Hasson. I noticed this morning that tiny little hairs are beginning to sprout (less than 1 mm in length). Is this even possible after only 5 weeks? I am taking 5000mcg of Biotin daily. Am also on 1.25mg Fin.

This is what happens when a patient does not get screwed. He gets a wonderful dense result due to the practitioner thinking about patient safety.

At 9 months, no light is penetrating and no light is giving you a see through looking front. I think the goal was met.

Congrats!

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

I haven't updated since month 9 so I thought I would give a 1 year update. Overall I am thrilled with how my HT turned out and my life is much more stress and anxiety free. I don't think I got 100% growth but it's at least very close. To the untrained eye you would never be able to tell I had an HT. Im sure someone who knows about HTs might be able to spot it or a flaw or 2, but what matters is that I'm very happy. I'm staying on proscar daily and understand I'm in this for the long haul, even if that means getting HTs in the future to make up for any further loss. Thanks everyone for your support and thank you h&w for giving me my hair back! I can't tell you how amazing it feels to wake up in the morning and forget to worry about my hair

IMG_4097.thumb.jpg.efa561256ac59af1e2aa5aba0e9b4ef6.jpg

IMG_4098.thumb.jpg.aee456e766962d8bf352e312e70c5f1c.jpg

IMG_4099.thumb.jpg.1103dc4e14349508dc37ef0466e186e7.jpg

IMG_4100.thumb.jpg.15ad68b5e9df7cfa686d99f24c533551.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...