Is there anyone here who experienced a large amount of new growth beyond 6 months?

I might be getting more paranoid and anxious than I should, but being a 'slow grower' with very little growth at month 6, I can't find a single result on these forums who actually experienced a massive change beyond 6 months, with everyone who had a lack of growth at this point pretty much not seeing any improvement whatsoever.

But is there anyone here who fit the slow grower narrative themselves and saw a bunch of hairs sprouting out past this point?

Transhair,

I've seen many patient experience additional "growth" after 6 months. Both in terms of new hairs "popping" through the scalp, and in the hairs that have already penetrating the scalp "maturing" and appearing much thicker. 6 months is still very early in the whole scheme of hair transplantation.

Take a look at this piece I wrote a few months ago: How Transplants "Grow," "Mature," and "Pop."

Specifically, look at how much that patient's result changed from month 6 to month 9.

I wouldn't worry yet!

Good luck.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Transhair, you can (and probably) will still grow a lot more hair. I wouldnt freak out.

Check out this guy. At 0:25 he's at 6 months and his result looks terrible.

Then look at 0:30 which is after 1 full year and its a huge transformation:

My 2012 surgery was MUCH BETTER at 10-12 months than it was at 6 months.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I am getting new sprouts even after 7.5 months. Check out my thread specially top shots. At 6 month I was about to declare my HT below average but now around 8th month I must say it is above average and I know it will still improve little bit.

Patient of Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. 2942 Grafts FUE.

Meds as recommended by Doctor:-

1. Finasteride 1mg daily (Reduced to .5 after 7 months).

2. Biotin 5 mg daily.

3. Baby Shampoo twice a week.

4. Baby oil once a day.

My thread:

Yes, I bloomed around the 7 month mark and it got better every month after. I also went through a terrible telogen effluvium phase shortly after that lasted 6 months. Once it stopped the hair growth became more apparent. Give it some time, hair grows really slow.

I have seen significant improvements in patients after 6 months. Some of your hairs may have only just sprouted and be as other have already said very fine, colourless and short and not adding any cosmetic benefit to the eye currently.

You may have experienced some shock loss and that is just coming back through now. It is disheartening when you see all these great results at 6 months but for every great result at 6 months there is a slow grower for sure.

Do keep the faith hair grows painfully slow.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

I can only agree with all the above. One particular patient rang us at six months to tell us he was really fearing for his final result as nothing was happening. He rang us again at nine months and was ecstatic!

Hang in there and let us know how it goes.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Surely everyone responds with some variances but definitely more growth at 6 months and beyond...some start sooner and some are late bloomers.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I think two things happen after 6 months:

1) New hairs can definitely come out, so you probably have more to sprout.

2) Grafts that were 2s, 3s, and 4s often start out as single hairs, and only after a few more months after sprouting start to develop multiple hairs from the same follicle.

I think two things happen after 6 months:

2) Grafts that were 2s, 3s, and 4s often start out as single hairs, and only after a few more months after sprouting start to develop multiple hairs from the same follicle.

Is this true? Anybody?...

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Check out my blog (link in signature). I saw significant improvement between 8 and 10 months post-op with my first HT.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Check out my blog (link in signature). I saw significant improvement between 8 and 10 months post-op with my first HT.

just looked at your pictures. You did indeed se some growth after 8-10 month. But it looked pretty thin even at 1 year? Did you think so also at that time?

David : I have some questions regarding your operations, can i ask them here or should i message you?

just looked at your pictures. You did indeed se some growth after 8-10 month. But it looked pretty thin even at 1 year? Did you think so also at that time?

David : I have some questions regarding your operations, can i ask them here or should i message you?

Yes, it was thin. My second procedure was a touch up to address the subpar density.

Feel free to private message me wit your questions.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Is this true? Anybody?...

Yes, In my case at least, at 8th month now I can see that is really happening, I will try to post some close shots for reference soon.

Patient of Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. 2942 Grafts FUE.

Meds as recommended by Doctor:-

1. Finasteride 1mg daily (Reduced to .5 after 7 months).

2. Biotin 5 mg daily.

3. Baby Shampoo twice a week.

4. Baby oil once a day.

My thread:

It's interesting how we all respond at various time intervals and why it takes at least 12 full months in order to fully assess the results of any procedure.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY