How many? Quotes from 2000-3500 grafts!?

Hello guys,

i stumbled over this forum a few days ago when i did my research about hairtransplantation.

As this i my first post i'd like to introduce myself: my name is Andy, 37 y.o. and i'm from Germany.

I'm planning to do a hairtransplantation (FUE) this fall. Therefore i sent my pics to some doctors in Europe and now i am a bit confused :confused: as the first quotes differ a lot.

1st doctor in Poland quoted 2000 FUE grafts

2nd doctor in Turkey quoted 3500 FUE grafts, with over 50grafts/cm2

My gut feelings say somewhere in the middle would be right.

In my dreams i would love to have a beautiful, dense hairline (getting rid of the receding hairline.) Just as an example: David Beckham :D

What du you say regarding my pics?

a.thumb.jpg.fed8f7e8e62ba0534eb620af253820c7.jpg

aa.thumb.jpg.a5cc97a43ea02a12728acda8973a0855.jpg

Guessed right!

So what to do? Raise the amount and go with Saifi (maybe 2500) or lower the amount an go with Erdogan (maybe 3000)?

Saifi ist booked out this fall (only waiting list). Erdogan ist available.

Tough decision.

I'm with saifi in November. Yes, very long waiting list. I had originally booked for turkey but with the current climate I'm not willing to take the risk.

Erdogan quoted me 4800 grafts for basically your level of baldness. Norwood 3 at 46.

Erdogans results are outstanding, but turkey is too volatile for my liking at the moment.

I'll post my results with saifi in November.

Just book... .time flies. ....

Probably the higher quote of 3500 is related to the higher level of grafted density. If you have above average hair caliber, then 50cm2 would be more than enough to fill in the areas.

The areas that have no hair at all will obviously take more grafts and the other variable is keeping the placement of your hairline at the same place where it is at now.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Probably the higher quote of 3500 is related to the higher level of grafted density. If you have above average hair caliber, then 50cm2 would be more than enough to fill in the areas.

The areas that have no hair at all will obviously take more grafts and the other variable is keeping the placement of your hairline at the same place where it is at now.

Ok, you mean 3500 grafts could be a realistic amount when i want to get a great result?

I'm with saifi in November. Yes, very long waiting list. I had originally booked for turkey but with the current climate I'm not willing to take the risk.

Erdogan quoted me 4800 grafts for basically your level of baldness. Norwood 3 at 46.

Erdogans results are outstanding, but turkey is too volatile for my liking at the moment.

I'll post my results with saifi in November.

Just book... .time flies. ....

You're right. Turkey is not the best place at the moment but i dare to do it there.

I'm curious seeing your results with Dr.Saifi.

May I ask what is considered as average hair caliber?

This is the way I see it & its just my opinion.

some clinics over estimate until they evaluate you properly. Wheras as some clinics under estimate to fish you in with the lower graft count, then once tbey get you in & take a look at you & up the graft count up another 500 /1k

So yep go with the average that way you wont have a stcker shock at the checkout.

Looking at you 2300/2700 should be about right to frame your face nicely & leave the hairline where it is now, maybe a smidge lower but not to crazy tho as your only 31 & not sure if your on meds but its worth looking into to slow down future hairloss.

Good luck.

If you look at my thread, I had 3100 in roughly the same area. And so far so good... (5.5 months)

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

If you look at my thread, I had 3100 in roughly the same area. And so far so good... (5.5 months)

Yes ernie, I think you had more hair loss than this member also, but look great at 3100 grafts.

Yes ernie, I think you had more hair loss than this member also, but look great at 3100 grafts.

Hmm... Maybe you're right, I'm certain his hair characteristics are better than mine. Maybe that's it. Hair caliber is EVERYTHING imho. That and an allegiance to long term fin use

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Hmm... Maybe you're right, I'm certain his hair characteristics are better than mine. Maybe that's it. Hair caliber is EVERYTHING imho. That and an allegiance to long term fin use

yes definitely agree

That and an allegiance to long term fin use

How important is it to take finasteride? Does it affect the result? I read a bit about weird side effects. Anyway i'm not willing to take any drugs...

At the moment i'm leaning towards Dr.Erdogan with maybe around 3000 grafts.

Good decision?

Just got another quote:

Dr.Demirsoy (Turkey), 3000-3500 grafts at a very interesting price per graft (1,25€).

I read about some good experiences in a german forum. A member in this forum also posted something good this week.

Did anyone else have a HT at Dr.Demirsoy?

Hair Transplant Armamed. FUE Hair Transplantation Technique, FUE Hair Transplantation, Dr.Erkan Demirsoy, Hair transplantation

You can definitely see that you could use up to 3500 grafts. You can go with 2k but it will just be less dense. Some doc's are more aggressive in the density that they can and will place and some are more aggressive in donor usage. There should be no surprise on different estimates. Given the same skill and the same hairline height, 2k will just be less dense that 3500. Point is, you do have the room for that many, you just have to decide if you have the money and donor to do so.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

May I ask what is considered as average hair caliber?

Well, probably the easiest way to explain it would be on a scale of say 0-10, with ten being the highest, most coarse in caliber. The clinical or scientific term is hair shaft diameter. Some individuals have very coarse hair shafts or in the optimal high range for fatness of the hair shafts.

Then there are those who have very thin caliber hair shafts at say the zero end of the scale. The thinner caliber hair shafts do not provide as much visual coverage as those with very coarse hair shafts, fatter in caliber.

It has been said on many occasions that hair caliber is the single most critical factor considered when attaining the illusion of coverage.

Hence, the more coarse the hair shafts are (fatter), the less grafts it will take to provide visual coverage as compared to those with very thin hair caliber.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Ok, you mean 3500 grafts could be a realistic amount when i want to get a great result?

Yes, I think that would give you a very nice result providing you do not drop the placement of your hairline down.

Gillenator

Andi, get a third recommendation to set your mind at ease. The density and design of the new hairline are what your concern should be. Look at cases where graft counts of 3,000 FUE or FUT were applied. The hair characteristics play the biggest role in the best hair transplants. Thanks for sharing.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians