3000 FUE grafts placed within previous Strip grafts- HDC Hair Clinic

Hello Everybody,

This 31 year old patient had a previous Strip procedure at another clinic. Fortunately he had a descent Strip scar without any damage of the hair above and below the scar. Frequently Strip scars affect the direction of the hairs surrounding the scar, which reduces the number of healthy grafts that can be harvested from an FUE procedure.

At his case we have managed to extract 3000 grafts that were distributed in a spread pattern within the grafts of the previous Strip procedure.

You can see the case presented below with before, immediately after and 11 months post op photos.

Regards

Alex

BEFORE

1-%20Before_zpsenknn6sw.jpg

2-%20Before%20tilt%20down_zpsd0omkol6.jpg

3-%20Before%20left_zpsa9ve0nha.jpg

4-%20Before%20right_zpsefw3y62p.jpg

5-%20Before%20top_zps1knaeohn.jpg

6-%20Before%20donor_zpsoafocpzu.jpg

IMMEDIATELY AFTER

7-%20Immediately%20after_zpsvzjwbdo1.jpg

8-%20Immediately%20after%20tilt%20down_zpsneziwxu3.jpg

9-%20Immediately%20after%20left%20side_zpspnyvhdjg.jpg

10-%20Immediately%20after%20right%20side_zpskxocwr2s.jpg

11-%20Immediately%20after%20tilt%20down_zpss0cvyboq.jpg

12-%20Immediately%20after%20donor_zpswh2ui5ze.jpg

11 MONTHS POST OP

13-%2011%20months%20post%20op_zpsqqkvqicz.jpg

14-%2011%20months%20post%20op%20tilt%20down_zpse9moy7ll.jpg

15-%2011%20months%20post%20op%20left_zps5kn2govw.jpg

16-%2011%20months%20post%20op%20right%20side_zpssvpffolc.jpg

17-11%20months%20post%20op%20top%20view_zpszheeyegq.jpg

18-%2011%20months%20post%20op%20donor_zpsyrxjcjff.jpg

Alex Demetriades

International Patient Coordinator

HDC Hair Transplant Clinic

---------------------------------------------------

Dr. Maras is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Nicely done Sir. I'm sure your patient is quite pleased and probably wished he had gone with FUE from the beginning. Great 3,000 graft coverage.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Great coverage with that FUE.

I didnt know that it sometimes isnt possible to FUE around a scar = less grafts for FUE after FUT. Interesting.

I do hope he has more grafts in the bank for the future though. He's only 31. Any native on top wont be there for long.

Again the fUE looks really good.

Is that really 3000 grafts? Could Dr confirm whether the patient is wearing concealers in this picture please?

Hi gbhscot,

HDC in Cyprus has been delivering and presenting state of the art Hair restorations for many years with clear photos of before, immediately after and final or progressing result and has no need to cheat to present bogus patient cases or results. I am confident regular readers can support my opinion.

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

Is that really 3000 grafts? Could Dr confirm whether the patient is wearing concealers in this picture please?

Hi gbhscot,

HDC in Cyprus has been delivering and presenting state of the art Hair restorations for many years with clear photos of before, immediately after and final or progressing result and has no need to cheat to present bogus patient cases or results. I am confident regular readers can support my opinion.

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

Great coverage with that FUE.

I didnt know that it sometimes isnt possible to FUE around a scar = less grafts for FUE after FUT. Interesting.

I do hope he has more grafts in the bank for the future though. He's only 31. Any native on top wont be there for long.

Again the fUE looks really good.

Hi MAGNUMPi,

Sometimes is extremely difficult to extract grafts near the Striped area as the stitching messes up the direction of the hairs below the scalp making it impossible for the doctor to avoid high rates of transection. At this case the team did not find serious problems and managed a good harvesting.

His donor as you can see from the photo after his last procedure looks in good shape and can be more explored in the future if required.

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

Was this client taking finasteride or other DHT blockers? How long did his previously transplanted hairs last? Why add more hairs instead of fixing the underlying problem leading him to continue to lose hair?

• 2 weeks later...
Was this client taking finasteride or other DHT blockers? How long did his previously transplanted hairs last? Why add more hairs instead of fixing the underlying problem leading him to continue to lose hair?

Hi zhairz,

This patient was never and still not using hair loss medications. If you mean fixing his problem with medication that leads to his hair loss instead of going ahead with hair transplant then from my experience there are several reasons someone does not use meds with the main ones being:

• tried them and do not work
  • I do not take pills and I am not discipline enough to be using topicals daily

There are more like I did not know about them and now is too late etc.

Please let me know if you require more clarification

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades

Alex did Dr. Maras do this transplant and who were the tech in the room?

this is a fantastic result!

Hi Arrie, sorry for the late reply but I was on vacation.

In HDC we believe that the hair transplantation process can give better results when we work as a team.

FUE is a quite complex surgery and it needs a lot of time, care and precision to end up with the perfect outcome. We want to employ the so called “specialization of labour”, which means we divide this surgery into various stages and try to use the best member of the team for what they can do better, in each stage.

The doctors are doing the most productive, creative and essential part of the procedure that involves decision making and the technicians are doing a lot of the tedious work so that the doctors can concentrate better on their part of the job.

The technicians used for this case can be seen on this link http://www.hairtransplants-hdc.com/lang-en/Our-People/pageid-8/

Our technicians have 5 – 13 years of experience with HDC as they have been with us since we started delivering FUE in 2003. They are used interchangeably in almost all cases.

The technicians are doing the transfer of the grafts from the head to the petri dish which includes also extraction.

The placing which is the most tedious and the most time consuming part of the procedure is done by our excellent placers using forceps (not implanters), thus making sure that the grafts are not traumatized and placed correctly and in timely fashion. Two placers per patient are used and each placer can place on average 500 grafts per hour giving the capability of place 1000 grafts per hour. By this way we can achieve the minimum duration of the procedure and maximum comfort of the patient.

I hope this answers your questions.

Regards

Alex

Alex Demetriades