ASMED - 4105 grafts on 14-15 July - 13 photos before/during/after

echoes

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi , other than the redness issue are you happy with how things have progressed so far ? I'd love to see a top down picture of your vertex similar to the one in your pre op pictures . I believe you had 900 grafts placed there do you feel this was enough to give good coverage back there ?

Hi , other than the redness issue are you happy with how things have progressed so far ? I'd love to see a top down picture of your vertex similar to the one in your pre op pictures . I believe you had 900 grafts placed there do you feel this was enough to give good coverage back there ?

Other than redness I am really happy with things! By now the ugly duckling phase feels like a distant memory...

Regarding vertex, do these photos help? Note my hair is wet here. Yes, I had 900 grafts placed in a roughly 50cm2 area in the vertex, and I'm happy with the result. My goal for the vertex was not to restore full density but just to give it some light coverage. Possibly in the future, I might lose more in the vertex area and want to reinforce slightly.

5b32f27fd2b40_2017-03-1816_53_02.thumb.jpg.f50e8e4e85ebb1b96bd4d996aec151d7.jpg

5b32f28001f49_2017-03-1816_52_56.thumb.jpg.7665e5b254eacb62b7759659c883e3d2.jpg

5b32f28090253_2017-03-1816_52_50.thumb.jpg.83ba8c1c9fba928235f6f144c21924b8.jpg

Can you post some side by side of original hair and current? Also, have you had any side effects taking finasteride?

Hi pandapanda - for a general before/after comparison, if you scan through this thread you should be able to see the evolution. :) Let me know if you're curious to see a specific angle.

Side effects of finasteride. In 11 years of taking it, no sexual side effects. Some people report it causing anxiety, though I haven't experienced anything serious or debilitating. Of course, I do sometimes get anxious about things (like anyone I suppose) - would I experience less of that if I weren't on finasteride? Hard to tell.

Hi echoes,

Thank you for the information. Glad to hear there were no side effects from finasteride. Could you do a quick photo comparison at the same angles of your pre HT surgery? I guess I could use screen shots but if you have the originals the quality might be better.

Thanks again,

John

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing result mate, you shiuld be very happy. I wouldnt worry too much abt redness as not really visible and unfortunately everyone recovers at a different pace, i'll recommend keep using aloe vera gel everyday and sweet almond oil once a week

• 6 months later...

Hey Echoes, any updated pictures to show final results?

Also, what ended up happening with the redness situation? I have pretty sensitive skin so I would be somewhat concerned that I would encounter similar complications, so would be great to hear if this ended up going away?

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Echoes, any updated pictures to show final results?

Also, what ended up happening with the redness situation? I have pretty sensitive skin so I would be somewhat concerned that I would encounter similar complications, so would be great to hear if this ended up going away?

Hi jcs87, thanks for writing! When I saw your post I took some photos to share, but I haven't had a chance to get to it. I'm not sure if the photos really show it, but please have a look. The overall transplant I think went well, results are now stable and are pretty similar to what I shard in my last update, so I'll focus on the recipient redness - it's still there. In the current state, it's only noticeable under specific lighting conditions (if there is a light coming down onto my hair from directly above, for example).

This is despite me having tried a few things:

- hydrocortisone (recommended on this forum, and by ASMED)

- aloe vera, almond oil (recommended on this forum, and by ASMED)

- aspirin paste (recommended on this forum)

From months 0-4 the redness made huge improvement But from month 4 until today (16 months post-op), improvement is slight if any.

I take hope in that a few members have posted that their recipient redness took a few years to fade!! Not sure what else there is for me to do? To be clear, overall transplant result is good. My concern now is more long-term, if the skin is damaged and if something changes with my hair and this recipient area becomes more visible...

**EDIT** sorry the one photo seems to come out upside down, even though on my PC it displays fine; I don't see any way in the post editor to ensure the attached images display the right way...

5b32f6ce92df3_2017-10-2222_18.44crop.thumb.jpg.8c1de634843dd18b0d751dda44bd95f2.jpg

5b32f6cea658d_2017-10-2222_25_05.thumb.jpg.42a249826f61363ba3d0e32b87da4b9f.jpg

Hi jcs87, thanks for writing!

Thanks for the update, really nice to hear from you. Sorry to hear that the redness has persisted after all these months (but at least like you said it is pretty minor and not very noticeable).

Did Dr Erdogan say that you had any risk factors or have any ideas on why this happened to you?

Thanks for the update, really nice to hear from you. Sorry to hear that the redness has persisted after all these months (but at least like you said it is pretty minor and not very noticeable).

Did Dr Erdogan say that you had any risk factors or have any ideas on why this happened to you?

He didn't mention any specific risk factors.

The only explanation that comes to mind, is that my skin tends to scar easily and form big scars. One physician explained awhile back that this is linked to having flexible connective tissue (eg, my joints are relatively flexible, I have flat feet, etc.) I mentioned that to Dr. Erdogan but he didn't indicate that this was any concern for the FUE. Who knows.

Some people seem to say that fair-skinned patients are at higher risk, but I am not convinced. There are plenty of cases of fair-skinned patients not getting redness while others do. I haven't seen any real evidence or rationale for that. Anyway I am somewhat in the middle, as far as white caucasians go so I doubt that'd have been a big driver one way or the other for me.

Hi echoes,

Sorry to hear you have a redness issue :( The hair itself shows a tremendous improvement, just reviewed your pre Op photos. I have been following your journey with interest. Good luck over the next 10 months hopefully more improvement to come for the hair and reduction in scalp colour.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html