ASMED - 4105 grafts on 14-15 July - 13 photos before/during/after

echoes

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hang in there mate , I've got a feeling this is going to be another stunner !!!

Thanks for the encouraging words! It really helps, now in the ugly duckling phase where progress is slow, and my recipient area still looks red and bare!

Here are some photos from yesterday morning at 7 weeks post-op. I'll keep uploading photos every week or two for awhile, hopefully it helps some readers here. Apologies that the lighting doesn't match the past few weeks, I just moved!

I still have some numbness in the recipient area, though less than a few weeks ago. I think I see a few translucent hairs coming up in the recipient area and I'm hoping this is the beginning of the regrowth!

IMG_20160903_091439.thumb.jpg.4d86adf4b45f0ec58638888c6d1b71bc.jpg

IMG_20160903_091451.thumb.jpg.d7b859b44d63f2f9b10bcb3094d0d580.jpg

dude how long did they take to reply to your email consult? lol

its been about 2-3 weeks

Do you mean the initial consultation? I don't remember exactly but it was something like 2-4 days. I guess this may depend on their current volume.

After the initial consultation email response time has generally been within a day or so, both in the weeks before surgery and after surgery.

• 2 weeks later...

How you getting along Echoes? Must be just over 2 months now, half way through the worst of it.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

How you getting along Echoes? Must be just over 2 months now, half way through the worst of it.

Thanks for asking, sorry for the delay in replying. I got a notification you posted but have been travelling for a few days.

I'm now a bit past 10 weeks and am really pleased with improvement the past few weeks. I'm starting to notice regrowth in the recipient area. Lots of tingling and itching, which are hopefully signs of continued growth. Still some redness though it seems to be slowly improving (the photos this time make it look worse than it really is. especially the top view). Still some numbness, and I expect it may take a few more months for that to go away.

I hope I'm well past the worst of it! My appearance is better than a few weeks ago so hopefully the ugly duckling phase is almost at an end. I'll post another update in a few weeks, hopefully things continue to progress!

IMG_20160926_061322.thumb.jpg.9587dc2e51a329e067d0da07d2fe6e9a.jpg

IMG_20160926_061358.thumb.jpg.4105e6a1e38a0941abaae01ba42783c3.jpg

why do you think asmed always quotes a higher graft requirement than other surgeons?

Erdogan is renown for aggressive hairlines. Erdogan quoted me 3200 grafts, where Dr Path quoted me 1800 grafts.

• 2 weeks later...

Any update Echoes? You must be a little over 13 weeks now. Hopefully just coming out of the ugly duckling phase.

I have under two months to go now until my procedure with Erdogan. All becoming a little real now.

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Any update Echoes? You must be a little over 13 weeks now. Hopefully just coming out of the ugly duckling phase.

I have under two months to go now until my procedure with Erdogan. All becoming a little real now.

Hi DEB1982, I'm indeed coming out of ugly duckling phase! This coming weekend marks 14 weeks - I'll have a chance to upload some photos then.

Hi DEB1982, I'm indeed coming out of ugly duckling phase! This coming weekend marks 14 weeks - I'll have a chance to upload some photos then.

Look forward to seeing them!

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Any chance of that update? Sorry to be a pain but I'm really keen to see how recent procedures unfold seeing as I am only just over a month away from going myself.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Sorry for the delay, I've been terribly busy the past few days! Here are some photos from 14 weeks post-op

Finally I'm past the point of being extremely self-conscious in public, and am now only slightly so. The recipient area redness is still there, though much fainter than before, and furthermore it's now hidden a bit by emerging hair. Hopefully over the next few months it fades completely. There is continued tingling, itching, etc. in the scalp so all seems to be progressing well!

It was at around 12 weeks post-op that I finally got my hair trimmed, and just the sides at that. The top hasn't been touched yet, though I suppose that around 18 weeks post-op I will be back to getting normal haircuts.

There certainly were times a month or two ago that I looked at my fugly recipient area and questioned what I'd done, but patience (and more patience) is everything. Prepare yourself in advance for months of looking awful. If you're lucky then you might get through it faster, but be ready and be patient! I'm already feeling very excited and am looking forward to the months of further growth.

DEB11982, I hope this helps as you prepare! I'll keep posting updates, probably every 3-4 weeks at this point...

5b32ef89d76bb_2016-10-2311_46_12.thumb.jpg.63a17f468e64aed0485aa677ab4a6c1f.jpg

5b32ef89e738a_2016-10-2311_45_32.thumb.jpg.4e615183ae533c36de1d13855cb8ef8a.jpg

5b32ef8a0fe27_2016-10-2311_44_48.thumb.jpg.01ef4a2eb7e79dec805b2027b2e7daf1.jpg

The only part I am actually worried about is the first 3 months and my appearance. I guess it is just something that everyone has to go through to get where they ultimately want to be. The difference in your photos over the past 4 weeks is very encouraging though and cosmetically you should see the biggest change from 3 - 8 months. So hopefully each day / week things will get better for you.

I'd really appreciate the four weekly update. I'm worried about 'shock loss' and my current hair not returning as I have been on finasteride for quite a few years now.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

The only part I am actually worried about is the first 3 months and my appearance. I guess it is just something that everyone has to go through to get where they ultimately want to be. The difference in your photos over the past 4 weeks is very encouraging though and cosmetically you should see the biggest change from 3 - 8 months. So hopefully each day / week things will get better for you.

I'd really appreciate the four weekly update. I'm worried about 'shock loss' and my current hair not returning as I have been on finasteride for quite a few years now.

Hey Deb,

You should not be worrying about your post-op appearance, just accept that you will not be the best version of yourself for a little while but what comes after it really worths the sacrifiaces. It's only happening in you if you don't make a big deal about it no one else will.

I just went trough my surgery at Asmed, I'm 6days post-op. I had to go back to work almost immidiately as I have a small company I have to lead.

I have told everyone about my HT and honestly no one really cared.

They sent me texts how it went, how I am feeling and stuff.

Yeah unfortunately I'll look bad during the next 3-4months but I have prepared myself for it. I'll dive myself into work put chasing girls aside for a lil while and enjoy next summer to the fullest.

Keep your head up and good luck for your HT

Hey Deb,

You should not be worrying about your post-op appearance, just accept that you will not be the best version of yourself for a little while but what comes after it really worths the sacrifiaces. It's only happening in you if you don't make a big deal about it no one else will.

I just went trough my surgery at Asmed, I'm 6days post-op. I had to go back to work almost immidiately as I have a small company I have to lead.

I have told everyone about my HT and honestly no one really cared.

They sent me texts how it went, how I am feeling and stuff.

Yeah unfortunately I'll look bad during the next 3-4months but I have prepared myself for it. I'll dive myself into work put chasing girls aside for a lil while and enjoy next summer to the fullest.

Keep your head up and good luck for your HT

I'm trying to not worry but nobody would know that I have any form of hair loss as I use fibres and push my fringe down. So it is going to be some what of a shock when I return to work and then begin to shed.

I own a small business as well so I will probably follow your advice and just tell them all what I am having done.

Have you posted any photos and details of your experience with Asmed? I'd be keen to read if you have.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

I'm trying to not worry but nobody would know that I have any form of hair loss as I use fibres and push my fringe down. So it is going to be some what of a shock when I return to work and then begin to shed.

I own a small business as well so I will probably follow your advice and just tell them all what I am having done.

Have you posted any photos and details of your experience with Asmed? I'd be keen to read if you have.

I totally understand you.

All I can suggest is, to be honest, it would free you from all the unnecessary anxiety.

I'm kinda proud of myself for not letting hair loss ruin my life and I think others see this trough your glasses. If you are not ashamed of it(and why should you) then they will not see it that way either.

Oh, and one more thing. Maybe first it will be a shock but not a single soul will care from the second day...People care about their own business they don't have time to care about things like this longer than a day.

(Unfortunately I don't have time to write a decent summary of my experiance, but I'll upload pictures later)

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry for the delay, I've been terribly busy the past few days! Here are some photos from 14 weeks post-op

Finally I'm past the point of being extremely self-conscious in public, and am now only slightly so. The recipient area redness is still there, though much fainter than before, and furthermore it's now hidden a bit by emerging hair. Hopefully over the next few months it fades completely. There is continued tingling, itching, etc. in the scalp so all seems to be progressing well!

It was at around 12 weeks post-op that I finally got my hair trimmed, and just the sides at that. The top hasn't been touched yet, though I suppose that around 18 weeks post-op I will be back to getting normal haircuts.

There certainly were times a month or two ago that I looked at my fugly recipient area and questioned what I'd done, but patience (and more patience) is everything. Prepare yourself in advance for months of looking awful. If you're lucky then you might get through it faster, but be ready and be patient! I'm already feeling very excited and am looking forward to the months of further growth.

DEB11982, I hope this helps as you prepare! I'll keep posting updates, probably every 3-4 weeks at this point...

Me again! How you getting on at 18 weeks. I'd imagine you've started to see a big change now.

I'm only 3 weeks away from flying out to Turkey now!

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• 2 weeks later...

Echoes sorry to be a pain but are you able to update. I'd imagine you have seen a big change since you last updated 6 weeks ago. You are coming up to 5 months now so would be good to see.

I'm there next week and a little anxious as you can tell.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Echoes sorry to be a pain but are you able to update. I'd imagine you have seen a big change since you last updated 6 weeks ago. You are coming up to 5 months now so would be good to see.

I'm there next week and a little anxious as you can tell.

Hi DEB1982, not a pain at all. :) I appreciate you following my progress and I'm glad to be of help, after so many previous posts on this forum helped me.

Here is my 5 month update

Yesterday I got my first normal haircut since the procedure (it was my second haircut since the procedure, but the first one, I only had them trim the sides since the top was still thin and short). It was actually because of the haircut that I had in mind to post another update here.

Obviously I am looking much better now, and feeling great about the results so far, and looking forward to continued progress!! Only issues now are some lingering redness and numbness in the recipient area, though both seem to continue improving, albeit slowly.

5b32f05799d2c_2016-12-0408_47_13.thumb.jpg.56c3820b01f33306a802208628498fb8.jpg

5b32f057b0a34_2016-12-0408_47_54.thumb.jpg.d37ef818fde7e9df69cba6559ec1edc4.jpg

5b32f057c4db8_2016-12-0408_54_50.thumb.jpg.7bcc8c289cdba7f9b273bba31aeaecb7.jpg

This is the result I'm really excited about and it's really starting to come together , you have very similar loss to me and I think similar hair characteristic. Out of interest what was the thickness of your hair caliber in microns ?

You mentioned that you spoke with dr erdogan about how your hair may look in the future what were his thoughts ?

Also in your vertex what kid of coverage are you expecting? Was another procedure spoken about to add more density to this area in the future ? Or is this not a concern for you ?

Did you suffer any shock loss in either recipient or donor ?

Did you have any facial swelling ? I'm not sure how I will explain this to my kids if I get bad swelling like some guys seem to get :(

Thanks in advance

Looking good so far! Has really started to sprout now.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

This is the result I'm really excited about and it's really starting to come together , you have very similar loss to me and I think similar hair characteristic. Out of interest what was the thickness of your hair caliber in microns ?

You mentioned that you spoke with dr erdogan about how your hair may look in the future what were his thoughts ?

Also in your vertex what kid of coverage are you expecting? Was another procedure spoken about to add more density to this area in the future ? Or is this not a concern for you ?

Did you suffer any shock loss in either recipient or donor ?

Did you have any facial swelling ? I'm not sure how I will explain this to my kids if I get bad swelling like some guys seem to get :(

Thanks in advance

Actually I'm not sure what my hair thickness was, the punches used were 0.7mm on the side and 0.9mm at the rear, if that gives some sense.

Vertex and future loss: The vertex was planned to receive 900 grafts over 50cm2 (density of 18/cm2). I'm not sure exactly how strictly they stuck with that plan. Also, once at a certain age, having an intact hairline but a density of 18 follicular units per cm2 in the vertex is probably an acceptable look? Probably I will progress to Norwood VI eventually and need another procedure to deal with the expanded vertex. Dr. Erdogan estimated me having a remaining donor capacity of 4000 after this procedure.

Shock loss: yes, in the recipient area (specifically in mid-scalp)

Swelling: Yes, for about a week after the procedure.

Looking good so far! Has really started to sprout now.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

You must be at 8 months now. Happy with how things have turned out? Would be nice to see an update if you have time.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

You must be at 8 months now. Happy with how things have turned out? Would be nice to see an update if you have time.

Hi DEB1982, sorry for the delay in writing!

Current status at about 8 months post-op:

* I don't feel like I have gained much density in the last month or two. It could be for me that peak growth was months 3-6 (after ugly duckling), and from month 7 on it just fills in more slowly?

* Recipient area redness is still an issue. I spoke to ASMED about this at month 5, and they asked me to wait until month 6 to see if it would resolve itself. It didn't so they suggested 1% hydrocortisone, applied 3 times a week over a one month period. I have just finished that, and don't notice any improvement.

I've been quite busy but in a few days I'll manage to take a few good photos, both to upload here and to share with ASMED to see what they suggest now for the redness.

Edited by echoes