FUE 1900 grafts into Hairline, Dr Bisanga, July 2016

lerses

I had a 1900 graft FUE with Dr Bisanga at the BHR Clinic in Brussels.

Dr Erdogan (Turkey) quoted me 3400 grafts for the same area, and Dr De Reys (Belgium) 800-1200 grafts.

Thankfully I didn't pick Turkey as I would have got stuck during the Military Coup.

I will be posting minimalist updates for the next 18 months.

I'm 25 years old, and NOT on Propecia due to the side effects I felt when trying it. I use Rogaine twice a day since over 4 years.

I have a slowly progressing receding hairline since I'm 17 years old but no thinning, most of the receding happened between 18-23 year old, while on accutane.

I'm aware of the future risks if my hair loss progresses (will require 2nd HT), but my main concern at the moment is that my HT turns out successful.

I'm now 6 days Post-OP, recipient area is clean a part from a small corner with some scabs (from the dry blood I think).

Sorry if the pictures are unclear, I crop them a lot to keep myself anonymous.

I'll decide within the next month, whether to shave off the rest of my head, as they had to shave slightly in the front, just above the recipient area, which will make it hard to style.

post_op.jpg.7f84d2b762e02926bde0a432f36d7b69.jpg

recip1_day6.jpg.3df834e23d7b276205b159a1616f4bcc.jpg

recip2_day6.jpg.7e9d704846eac09d9a60397137823195.jpg

donor_day6.jpg.4a7e68b0055506c7be857cf60abfc636.jpg

pre_op.png.e79b3a99cb5092e3ee976115cb6e9e20.png

Congratulations. The work looks good as usual from Dr. Bisanga. Now the long wait begins!

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Please try to update this case monthly. I am considering BHR clinic for my next operation to correct previous poor result by AHD clinic. I consulted BHR before i had any work done in 2014 but they refused to operate on me since i was 21 years old back then. Atm 23 years so maybe they will agree me this time as i will be a repair patient as well and maintaining well with treatments.

Please try to update this case monthly. I am considering BHR clinic for my next operation to correct previous poor result by AHD clinic. I consulted BHR before i had any work done in 2014 but they refused to operate on me since i was 21 years old back then. Atm 23 years so maybe they will agree me this time as i will be a repair patient as well and maintaining well with treatments.

Sure, I won't disappear after 6 months like 95% of online testimonies, whether good or bad. Transparency and reducing information asymmetry is crucial in this clusterfuck of an industry.

---

Here are my day 11 pictures. The front is now clean, the transplanted hairs haven't started falling out yet, they even seem to be growing at the moment. Be careful when looking at these pictures as there are a couple of centimeters of shaved native hair right above the transplanted area. The transplanted area is a slightly different color, so you can recognize it.

I've started wearing a baseball cap when going outside the last couple of days, but I was inside 24/7 for 9 days post surgery. Only direct family knows, nobody else.

Donor area is pretty much back to normal, I can sleep on a pillow without any pain or irritation, as the hair is long enough to cover my scalp.

My main worry now is waiting for the transplanted hairs to shed, and wondering how horrible it will look then.

By the way, the doctor who said you can run a marathon 3 days post-surgery is exaggerating, I'd say you need 7-9 days to feel completely normal again.

Another thing I'd like to note here is that during the trip home, when walking through the airport security scanner, the fucking thing beeped (must have been a random beep, some are programmed to beep once every 3 passengers regardless of whether metal is detected).

So the fucker pulled me aside and told me to take off the black bandana (provided by the clinic) so they can check my head (for explosives?).

I said: sure no problem but I just had surgery yesterday so we must do it in private. So he took me to a booth, right next to the security zone and I took off my bandana, he saw the beautiful-mess of a scalp, and let me continue on without questions.

But then some other incompetent old fucker at security was going over the liquids in my carry-on, that the doctor provided me for post-care treatment. He was analyzing each bottle like a fucking detective, I told them they're all 100ml max and I had a note by the Dr. (He didn't care about the note, and kept analyzing the batch). Eventually the fucker let me go, but in his sloppy manipulation, one of the smaller shampoo bottles leaked slightly.

No big deal, but just a heads up that security may stop you and want to check under your bandana/hat for a bomb.

11day.PNG.df37536c2ab6f0969a2fb701a653b001.PNG

11day_angle.PNG.babf57b145e6751a83a6d4cade422ba6.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

4 weeks post-op: Most transplanted hairs have shed, they are about 1cm in length, the remaining ones don't seem to be growing as fast as my native hair, so I guess they will eventually shed.

I have shock loss on the left side of my donor area, the hairs didn't grow in that bald spot compared to the rest of the donor area. If it doesn't grow back eventually I'll be super pissed, I've been putting some Aloe Vera gel on it, not sure if there is anything I can do.

The redness is now visible due to the transplanted hairs shedding, hopefully it's gone in a couple of months.

I haven't restarted Minoxidil yet, I plan to soon. Thankfully my hair is long on top so I can hide everything pretty well. If they shaved everything I wouldn't be presentable in public at all.

one_month.PNG.c8cc0a5e556bd13a9d4c1b3b4cfe0299.PNG

one_month2.PNG.60f5a7076b78bba34052a01b9f9c4e22.PNG

one_month3.jpg.26a9455bbf338a30ecb3c9ae31dc810a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great so far. Can I ask why you chose BHR vs. other clinics? I was there last week actually and had a successful consultation so I'm considering them. It's definitely not the cheapest and also you had the 21% VAT tax added on correct? Thanks!

Looks great so far. Can I ask why you chose BHR vs. other clinics? I was there last week actually and had a successful consultation so I'm considering them. It's definitely not the cheapest and also you had the 21% VAT tax added on correct? Thanks!

If you get a doctors note they will waive the vat.

looking good lerses. I am now 9 days post op, my transplanted hair just started to fall out. I know I haven't lost any grafts or their would be blood but i was surprised to read that yours were still intact at day 11, idk whether to be nervous about mine being so quick or if its normal guess I'll send Hilde a quick email. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Really? Is this a fact? Is there a link that explains this? If yes then that opens up my list of doctors to consider because the VAT is a big deal.

I just did it, that's about as fact as I can get lol Get hilde to explain it to you, she sent me examples of what to get my doc to write. This doesn't apply to all docs in Belgium, I asked Spex when I was looking into dr feriduni and they didn't do this but dr B's clinic does. I can't speak for DeVroye or DeReys.

looking good lerses. I am now 9 days post op, my transplanted hair just started to fall out. I know I haven't lost any grafts or their would be blood but i was surprised to read that yours were still intact at day 11, idk whether to be nervous about mine being so quick or if its normal guess I'll send Hilde a quick email. Look forward to seeing your progress.

It's fine if it falls out at 9 days. Every person is different. They are deeply rooted after 3-4 days already so you have nothing to worry about.

I'll post a picture update at 3 months, no difference at the moment, recipient zone is still red.

Concerning VAT, you don't need to pay it if you get the surgery due to mental/psychological reasons or repair.

911fan if you're not in a rush, wait to see my results in another 3-6 months before deciding.

I can not recommend any clinic until my results appear in 3-6 months, what matters most is the results, I don't care if the doctor or nurse are friendly or unfriendly, only the final result matters. Don't trust any review or 'hair experts' on here as they get commissions from doctors.

I would avoid Turkey though as it is completely unregulated, don't rush any decisions.

• 1 month later...

Hey you must be coming up to the 3 month mark now right? how is your progress going? I have a consultation with Dr Bisanga next month in London so would be very interested in hearing how your getting on!

All the best

Little update.

It's been slightly over 100 days now.

The recipient zones are not slick bald anymore, there are small hairs growing, not yet anywhere close to being the same density as my native hair, but that is to be expected at 3 months.

Quite a few never fell out of my left temple side, but they seem to be stuck at around 2-3mm and haven't grown at all since several months.

The left side of my donor zone hasn't recovered perfectly though, there is still a small area that seems to suffer from shock loss or something, it isn't slick bald but it isn't growing the same as the other areas. It is slightly sore and sensitive if I touch scratch that area so I don't know what's up. My hair is long enough to cover it, but if I shave down, I think that bald spot will be visible.

I don't take any hair supplements (biotin, etc) and I haven't been to a hairdresser yet since the operation.

I will update again in a month or two.

early_nov_16.PNG.af6b069e5a0edd631af27b2e0925d64e.PNG

Was Dr Bisanga happy to perform the FUE with a non shaven recipient area.? Or did you specifically request this.?

They shaved several centimeters around the recipient area but not everything.

I didn't request this, I thought they would shave everything, but the assistant said that there was no need and it would help me hide it afterwards. Thankfully they didn't, which meant I was able to do a public presentation without a hat last month (2.5 months post-op) and nobody noticed anything because I styled my hair forwards to the side like Keanu Reeves in John Wick.

• 1 month later...

I finally got laid with a hottie this weekend. Got a haircut a few days before and girl didn't notice anything despite rubbing my hairline like crazy during cunni.

I probably wouldn't have gotten laid without the HT, so at least one positive personal benefit.

I'll post a pic before Christmas. My left temple side's density is much slower than the right. It is also the side where the hair didn't drop out as much. So I guess it is better that the hair falls out after 10-30 days.

I finally got laid with a hottie this weekend. Got a haircut a few days before and girl didn't notice anything despite rubbing my hairline like crazy during cunni.

Sounds like things are going great lol :cool:

Enjoy

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 3 weeks later...

I probably wouldn't have gotten laid without the HT, so at least one positive personal benefit.

Most EPIC comment I've ever read, related to hair transplants !! :P

Glad everything works out fine for you, totally made my day! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates.

The HT was overall a success until now, density is not perfect like native area, but that was to be expected. People can't tell even close up.

It has definitely improved my appearance because the deep receding hairline is gone.

I can now recommend this doctor, but always do your due diligence, it worked for me, but it may not work for you.

• 2 years later...