Dr. Hasson FUT - 3,898 grafts on 16/05/16

Tj287

Unreal results. Must be ecstatic

Thanks, Spidey. Very happy indeed.

Incredible result at only 8 months!!! Congrats! I think we can say this is another huge success story from H&W :)

Tj, curious about your treatment to maintain, progesterone used once daily, 100mg, correct? I have also began using progesterone, going on 2months+ now. I use topical cream. I notice that it has eliminated all facial acne, and made my face much smoother, is this something you've noticed as well? No side effects at all, only positive ones like no more acne and better facial skin quality.

I think it's still early to notice any benefit on hair, but I would like to hope it's helping. When did you start to notice hair maintaining/thickening on progesterone? i.e how many months into treatment?

Thanks so much, and congrats again man.

Thanks for your kind words. I take 100mg every TWO days. I would wait at least 6 months before seeing if there's been any discernible difference to your hair. Let me know how it goes. I didn't notice any positive effects aside from helping me sleep on nights I took it.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Great results TJ spectacular actually, about the progesterone any negative sides? I know one guy who took it said he felt sleepy all day, I currently have an insomnia problem so doubt I would get that, do you need a script?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Great results TJ spectacular actually, about the progesterone any negative sides? I know one guy who took it said he felt sleepy all day, I currently have an insomnia problem so doubt I would get that, do you need a script?

For natural oral progesterone, yes, most likely need a script unless you order it online somewhere from some pharmacy overseas.

Topical progesterone is very easy to get online though (just make sure it's USP aka pharma grade).

100mg oral progesterone = 10mg topical progesterone because oral bio-availability is not great.

There should be no negative side effects. If you look around, some men actually get BETTER erections and whatnot from progesterone.

Progesterone in Men

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Progesterone_Erectile_Dysfunction.aspx

"The rats with low or no sexual activity had lower progesterone levels relative to those displaying the highest sexual performance after 9 days of training. Testosterone, in turn, was also significantly reduced in animals with low/no sexual performance compared with excellent/adequate rats. In conclusion, progesterone may be a limiting factor to promoting sexual performance in male rats." [8]

It's all very interesting. P.S guess what reduces progesterone metabolites a lot (and allopreg by 800%)? finasteride. :)

Looks really great and the scar is not visible at that hair length. Really happy for you and thanks for sticking around to update us all.Enjoy the new hair!

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

Thanks HTsoon! I see your second procedure is coming along nicely - congrats.Sometimes I do feel like I should've gone down the FUE route like you did, but that's me really nitpicking.

No negative sides to report. As Over-Rated pointed out there are a number of very subtle but positive side benefits to progesterone. It's actually a master hormone so can convert to other hormones as and when needed by the body, which is a bonus. I would say that (for me at least) any added benefits are very subtle or i'm just too used to them by now to notice. The only exception is the relaxing effect which makes you sleepy - I only ever take mine in the evenings because of this. Actually works out really nicely for me. I can imagine if you took them in the morning and went to work you'd feel pretty buggered haha! Again, as Over-Rated correctly pointed out, it is prescription only.

It's all very interesting. P.S guess what reduces progesterone metabolites a lot (and allopreg by 800%)? finasteride. :)

That IS very interesting! I can't remember if it was with you, but I remember discussing the possibility of progesterone sides on here before. No one was certain whether the typical sides associated with fin were as a result of DHT itself being blocked (like with any 5ARI) or if it was the fin itself. If it was the class of drugs, then anything that would act as a 5ARI (as fin does AND progesterone does) would inevitably lead to the same sides. Unfortunately there are no studies that I know of where they have tried to isolate each process separately and see what happens. That last sentence is particularly compelling. It could potentially be that fin causes progesterone to dip drastically and that 's the real reason for the sides. Very ironic!

Looks really great and the scar is not visible at that hair length. Really happy for you and thanks for sticking around to update us all.Enjoy the new hair!

Thank you David! You were instrumental in this process for me and I cannot thank you enough - best decision I've ever made. It would be great to catch up for a beer the next time you are in London - just let me know.

As promised here are some pictures following a haircut I had today. They're presented slightly differently so you can see more of my head. To say I'm pleased with how it's turned out is an understatement :D

Left.jpg.e8aa6df6998f9bf566a73f80f420d7cf.jpg

Right.jpg.7c71503cba0585b6d025ebb35b3a4fda.jpg

Back.jpg.9db868ca001377d0698b5bea054f23b8.jpg

Top.JPG.35a9c93fbf0a99fef768f22f811ede42.JPG

As promised here are some pictures following a haircut I had today. They're presented slightly differently so you can see more of my head. To say I'm pleased with how it's turned out is an understatement :D

Goddamn, incredible results man, congrats!

I'm at month 4 and you seem ahead of me at your month 4...

My left side is lagging behind...

Hope I get a result anywhere near yours

Goddamn, incredible results man, congrats!

I'm at month 4 and you seem ahead of me at your month 4...

My left side is lagging behind...

Hope I get a result anywhere near yours

Thanks Over-Rated. Do yourself a favour and do not judge your result according to others. I also think I was a pretty early grower. The next few months for you are where it will really start to happen - months 5-8 make a very big difference. My right side lagged behind my left, so no need for concern on that front.

As I write I'm trying to think of exactly when I noticed certain things happening, but it's hard to do. The changes are so slow and gradual that it's hard to pinpoint specific improvements from month to month. Thinking about it, this was my personal timeline (so far):

Month 3 - Hairs just starting to appear and outlines of a hairline, one side appearing before the other. Shock loss all the way along my scar, which is very red.

Month 4 - Coverage pretty good, with a pretty defined hairline, but hairs are still very thin. New hair seems to stick straight up. Slow spots and evidence of lagging on one side. Shock loss still not recovered.

Month 5 - Coverage looking solid now, and coming in strong. Individual hairs improving too, but not by much. Lagging still evident on one side. Shock loss much better.

Month 6 - I could tell at this stage the result was going to be good. Hairline very defined and hairs starting to mature, but still stick up. Lagging side much less evident and shock loss mostly recovered. Hard to tell if any new hairs are appearing as coverage is already very good.

Month 7 - Hair texture still improving and thickening, although still curlier than normal. Hair appears less wiry and darker. Shock loss not an issue now and the scar is white and hard to detect.

Month 8 - More improvement in the texture but still not as soft as it could be. Hair is starting to look like it is sitting flatter towards the root and more in line with the general direction of other hair. Everything is looking very good at this stage.

Which doc did you go to and how many grafts?

Fantastic result! Congrats!

Thanks, David!

• 4 weeks later...

Huge success man. Congrats

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

10 Month update below. More of the same really!

Hair continues to soften and I just had a haircut yesterday where I asked my barber to take about an inch off the front and top. Everything is now sitting much flatter and the hair is less curly, although not yet completely straight like the rest of my hair.

Front.thumb.JPG.6af8082380d294241ba5fd843edd28fe.JPG

Left.thumb.jpg.19b9455cc95e745aa63780c510c9ac6d.jpg

Right.thumb.jpg.1f1a8d3085d306d2ce63dedec4938c74.jpg

Top.thumb.JPG.31b68a3fddaec5ec1906cd9e6b31c7cc.JPG

Back.thumb.jpg.37a8c36e9ed7d2f1658e3f456cab3981.jpg

10 Month update below. More of the same really!

Hair continues to soften and I just had a haircut yesterday where I asked my barber to take about an inch off the front and top. Everything is now sitting much flatter and the hair is less curly, although not yet completely straight like the rest of my hair.

Amazing, congrats again, it really does look amazing. I would be in hog heaven if my end result is close to yours! :D

Looks great!! You must be very pleased

Thanks, dude. Glad to see you're also well on your way!

Amazing, congrats again, it really does look amazing. I would be in hog heaven if my end result is close to yours! :D

Thanks, Jax!

I'm noticing for the first time that my hair is sitting flat properly. I thought I was basically done, but maturation of the hair does continue.

I have to say that Dr Hasson's hairline design and graft placement has been outstanding - there is the perfect balance of micro and macro irregularity. I've included a few closeups for anyone who's interested. First three are fresh out the shower, the others have product in my hair and the last one was taken outside.

5b32f2cf09854_FullSizeRender(3).thumb.jpg.763aeceae2539b6e80a1aac27607f29d.jpg

5b32f2cf4cee8_FullSizeRender(4).thumb.jpg.54cc6b1d828432505258ad039609554e.jpg

5b32f2cf63b2c_FullSizeRender(5).thumb.jpg.2b6ede09445922b378e127bf5d25a65e.jpg

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.1c947979c04d529761851ee0c62b6339.jpg

5b32f2cf9f8ab_FullSizeRender(1).thumb.jpg.a1e6112f91381b2d36dcba18dbc9cd01.jpg

5b32f2cfb9dd9_FullSizeRender(2).thumb.jpg.4443f5070f7af5aa839bd707a6820c60.jpg

5b32f2cfd4936_FullSizeRender(9).thumb.jpg.4629e288cad405cb01a9db92e1b8a00b.jpg

Looks amazing and very natural! Congrats

I'm noticing for the first time that my hair is sitting flat properly. I thought I was basically done, but maturation of the hair does continue.

I have to say that Dr Hasson's hairline design and graft placement has been outstanding - there is the perfect balance of micro and macro irregularity. I've included a few closeups for anyone who's interested. First three are fresh out the shower, the others have product in my hair and the last one was taken outside.

You're hitting the sweet spot in terms of length which gives an added volume boost as it lays on the hair itself.

Keeping the sides short helps with that too.

enjoy it to the fullest :cool:

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 2 weeks later...

Great results man! Congrats.

Are you still using 100mg oral progesterone per night? I've been on this for a little bit now, few weeks.

You noticed thickening around say 6 months in? Can you elaborate a bit on your progesterone usage? :)

Myself and another guy are both following your 100mg of oral progesterone protocol, so we patiently await your reply and any additional thoughts/comments you would like to add about your progesterone usage.

Thank you!

Edited by Over-Rated