2050 Grafts by Dr. Michael Beehner

I am a transgender girl who was looking for a doctor that had a strong emphasis on the female hairline. After a half dozen consultations I felt Dr Beehner was the right surgeon for my situation. I needed someone that could transplant within hairs without the need for shaving.

My degree of hair loss isn't probably bad to most people. I had some diffused thinning in the central part region with average temple recession for someone my age. I settled with 2050 grafts, mainly to construct a feminine hairline and to fill in some of the diffused areas in the central part region. I am now one year and one month post op.

With that said, I am really happy with the end result. I will admit, I had the worst shock loss ever in both recipient and donor areas. None of it was permanent, but expected. I once again have regained my confidence and thank Dr Beehner for restoring that along with my hair.

5b32eda5bbf41_PreSurg.jpg.89c016d75a7130166b389639a4b0fb78.jpg

Post.jpg.89c072bc40d5e9674866a3044b723c5e.jpg

DSC_0006.thumb.jpg.faf6ea6c16034221798fdfd5e0f4cbbf.jpg

DSC_0004.thumb.jpg.f1e504b0b195795cbf59a55079fcbfb6.jpg

DSC_0005.thumb.jpg.2171b22455778f6b3ea9aa09f70a11d5.jpg

I am a transgender girl who was looking for a doctor that had a strong emphasis on the female hairline. After a half dozen consultations I felt Dr Beehner was the right surgeon for my situation. I needed someone that could transplant within hairs without the need for shaving.

My degree of hair loss isn't probably bad to most people. I had some diffused thinning in the central part region with average temple recession for someone my age. I settled with 2050 grafts, mainly to construct a feminine hairline and to fill in some of the diffused areas in the central part region. I am now one year and one month post op.

With that said, I am really happy with the end result. I will admit, I had the worst shock loss ever in both recipient and donor areas. None of it was permanent, but expected. I once again have regained my confidence and thank Dr Beehner for restoring that along with my hair.

I'm curious: As a transgender do you take hormones treatments and are they helpful stopping hair loss ?

To Baldpatient, the hormones do help, estradiol will elongate the anagen cycle but without a DHT blocker hair loss will not completely cease. I took 5mg of Finasteride daily from Jan 2012 to May 2014 before giving up. I was a non responder, and it did nothing but put my hair through a constant telogen effluvium. In Jan of 2015 I was put on Dutasteride 0.5mg daily and after 4 months my shedding completely stopped. The sad part about it was my transplant was shortly after and that put me in another 6 month telogen effluvium. It has since recovered and I am almost back to my baseline.

Edited by ForeverLacey

To Baldpatient, the hormones alone do compliment each other however, without a DHT blocker will not halt hairloss..

If the hormones treatments reduce testosterone, isn't it supposed to also reduce DHT ? I thought DHT come from testosterone

Reducing testosterone will only have a minimal effect at reducing DHT. You don't need much for it to convert and a little DHT can go a long way if you're body is sensitive to it.

Edited by ForeverLacey

Much more feminine look now. Congratulations.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Congrats Lacey! Dr. Beehner is a caring and skilled physician so I'm not at all surprised that he came through with great results for you.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website