Medical treatment only by Dr. Parsley

34 y/o WM comes in with diffuse miniaturization in an early diffuse patterned hair loss. He seemed a good candidate for medical treatment before considering surgery. He was placed on finasteride 1.25mg daily along with 5% minoxidil foam twice daily. Results are at 14 months.

01-Vbefore.thumb.jpg.21634f4ced58b8b890f932fbbcc65dab.jpg

02-Vafter.thumb.jpg.210df749bcccc9b95cc0b39feab7dad7.jpg

03-Tbefore.thumb.jpg.e15789645cdcd981e4db98e916c7d17d.jpg

04-Tafter.thumb.jpg.1c00937a715d3475bb328034c91faa95.jpg

05-Tbefore.thumb.jpg.f5b247c1b06bd5c96d03eb1b88e2a965.jpg

06Tafter.thumb.jpg.d546270d7a7c5f113f3667e09686bc6e.jpg

Dr. Parsley is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Nice results Doctor but in your experience how many treatments does this patient need & how long do you estimate between each treatment?

In my research that this is a short time fix meaning the gains drop off from month 8 to 14 so having this done every 14 months would be costly & not really beneficial to the blue collar workers out there only the elite.

Nice results Doctor but in your experience how many treatments does this patient need & how long do you estimate between each treatment?

In my research that this is a short time fix meaning the gains drop off from month 8 to 14 so having this done every 14 months would be costly & not really beneficial to the blue collar workers out there only the elite.

Not sure what you are referring to here Ontop? Finasteride and Minoxidil are daily treatments (recommended for life) & quite affordable.

My Bad Doc,

I'm thinking that this medical treatment was PRP / Acell with also Fin & Min so my comments was based on PRP / Acell which was a topic I was reading prior to your a few minutes ago somewhere else.

So going just on the 2 medical treaments you gave this patient that I agree it is a great

result.

Looking very good some respond well, ahem,

but I wonder if prp would be worth adding or if fin and min would are enough ?

One clinic told me it would take upto a year to see results if any.

If there is no risks then I would give prp a go.

In my opinion prp is a short time fix & may be useful same time as ht surgery but long term, im yet to see anything positive past 16 months plus this treatment is not cheap, so unless you got a big bank accout to go back & forth then I would save your money for your retirement.

Many don't want to try meds first like me i wanted to get a hair transplant when i was 25 years old.

I was disappointed when the doc [forgot the name] told me to get on meds.

This person has saved the donor area and got a very good result without surgery.

How can one check if they would have miniaturization and suitable for medical treatment?