Hair transplantation to the young patients

To our experience a lot of young patients are very interested for Hair Transplantation.

We always try to give the best advice to these patients and in order to understand the correlation of Hair Transplantation and young age we have created this article that you can read at this link:

http://www.hairtransplants-hdc.com/lang-en/Hair-Transplantation-to-the-Young-Patient/pageid-458/

Regards,

Alex

Alex Demetriades

International Patient Coordinator

HDC Hair Transplant Clinic

---------------------------------------------------

Dr. Maras is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 1 month later...

Hello Everybody,

I have just came across a great example supporting the article above, of a 25 year old young patient that had 2030 grafts to his hairline and other thinning area as shown below, 8 years ago in 2008. This patient is type 2 as described in the relevant article.

From these, you can see the before and after result in the year 2008.

This patient came back to us this year, in 2016, to add more hair to the areas that he lost his own existing hair. This shows how a young patient can develop after a longer period of time, when he loses his existing hair and remain with the transplanted hair. He is now heading for Norwood class 4-5.

In this case, the hair in the middle front part which seemed strong at a young age of 25, have gradually dropped by the age of 33. Nevertheless the appearance still seems normal but an additional hair transplant is needed to maintain this normal look.

He is now planned for a second procedure on the 4th August 2016 and I will be updating in due time for his progress.

Regards

Alex

BEFORE (APRIL 2008)

1-%20Before_zpsud3jjgvw.jpg

IMMEDIATELY AFTER (APRIL 2008)

2-%20Immediately%20after_zpsrajgnscl.jpg

6 MONTHS POST OP (OCTOBER 2008)

3-%206%20months%20post%20op_zpswyrnyz19.jpg

8 YEARS POST OP (JULY 2016)

4-%208%20years%20post%20op_zps76llabuz.jpg

5-%208%20years%20post%20op%20left_zpsag7dr3ee.jpg

6-%208%20years%20post%20op%20right_zpsplgglfi4.jpg

Alex Demetriades

International Patient Coordinator

HDC Hair Transplant Clinic

---------------------------------------------------

Dr. Maras is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Alex,

Great read. Young patients with minimal hair loss aren't typically the best candidates however, some exceptions can be made. I wrote an article quite some time ago on whether or not young people were suitable candidates for hair transplant surgery. I am mobile right now so I don't have access to my files. But sometime later, I'll post a link and share it.

Keep up the great work!

Bill

Is that really the same guy 8 years later at 33 years old? I've noticed with people who get HT, white hair tends to pop up faster. I have no real evidence but just something I feel like I notice.

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

Hello Everybody,

I have just came across a great example supporting the article above, of a 25 year old young patient that had 2030 grafts to his hairline and other thinning area as shown below, 8 years ago in 2008. This patient is type 2 as described in the relevant article.

From these, you can see the before and after result in the year 2008.

This patient came back to us this year, in 2016, to add more hair to the areas that he lost his own existing hair. This shows how a young patient can develop after a longer period of time, when he loses his existing hair and remain with the transplanted hair. He is now heading for Norwood class 4-5.

In this case, the hair in the middle front part which seemed strong at a young age of 25, have gradually dropped by the age of 33. Nevertheless the appearance still seems normal but an additional hair transplant is needed to maintain this normal look.

He is now planned for a second procedure on the 4th August 2016 and I will be updating in due time for his progress.

Regards

Alex

BEFORE (APRIL 2008)

1-%20Before_zpsud3jjgvw.jpg

IMMEDIATELY AFTER (APRIL 2008)

2-%20Immediately%20after_zpsrajgnscl.jpg

6 MONTHS POST OP (OCTOBER 2008)

3-%206%20months%20post%20op_zpswyrnyz19.jpg

8 YEARS POST OP (JULY 2016)

4-%208%20years%20post%20op_zps76llabuz.jpg

5-%208%20years%20post%20op%20left_zpsag7dr3ee.jpg

6-%208%20years%20post%20op%20right_zpsplgglfi4.jpg

is he taking finasteride?

Is that really the same guy 8 years later at 33 years old? I've noticed with people who get HT, white hair tends to pop up faster. I have no real evidence but just something I feel like I notice.

I hope thats not true, I'm nearly 32 with no greys at all yet and want fue in future

Is that really the same guy 8 years later at 33 years old?

this guy has lost a lot of hair from 25-33 years old

Alex there is no way this guy was on Finasteride full time during those 8 years was he?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

He is lucky he has the donor what if one does not enough donor down the line?

For some meds can do a lot in order to improve health of hair and keep whatever they do have even if they are not a suitable candidate for hair transplant.

IMHO this shows how silly it is to undergo HT's without a commitment to meds

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)