2900 FUT with Dr. Konior

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin', into the future as the steve miller band would say! It will be five months in a day or so, and you can see the progression in my photo. Months 1, 3, 4 and 5 are shown.

There is progress, and at month five it is hard to say the amount of growth that is left, but I suspect there is much more to be gained.

Looking forward to the next couple months and hope to see even bigger changes.

5b32efce7e572_1345month.thumb.jpg.b0fd10712f07874ad1e50955b55a0339.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such an improvement month on month. Looking great already and it's still early days.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 4 weeks later...

I am approaching my six months since my procedure (2 or 3 more days) and want to share my progress.

It seems for many people, months 5 to 6 is a big leap regarding growth and added density. For me, that does not appear to be the case. I know it is still early, however. In the next three months, I hope to see more growth and increased density.

I added some hairline shots so you can see the detail and the excellent job Dr. K does to construct the hairline.

5b32f05a10c22_13456month.thumb.jpg.3a422328f3461a00c0da0719a6f0d268.jpg

ls1.thumb.jpg.335188b5ef2bdd8366a96a069c49202b.jpg

IMG_3466.thumb.jpg.eedaaf9c876174ab6bd7c98e95f3f4d2.jpg

LS.thumb.jpg.c6d2c7a4b2a79cd4e2b2e5ff27e27ca6.jpg

RS.thumb.jpg.c4503031a95da84a70e65a761610ad46.jpg

Edited by hairmenow401

I'm sure you have some maturing to do, but man, I think that's pretty bang up coverage for 2900 grafts from when you started.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I'm sure you have done marketing to do, but man, I think that's pretty bang up coverage for 2900 grafts from when you started.

It has been a nice change, no complaints thus far. I look forward continued improvement and know I put this operation in the best hands in the business.

Looks like you've come a long way, should thicken up and improve even more over the next months.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I will echo what Spanker and hsrp10 have said, in that you've made a lot of really good progress. Definitely a large amount of real estate covered in 2900 grafts. Also, glad you posted pics of the hairline as it is looking quite stellar! Must feel great to have a shaped and defined hairline once again.

• 4 weeks later...

I am about a week shy of 7 months and want to post an update while I can.

Since my last post, there have been some minor changes to report. A little more growth can be seen, but slow she goes. There has been some thickening or maturing as well. It is early still in the game.

I know I will need another session at least to thicken up some of the front and some crown work.

Question to those who have underwent a hair transplant. Obviously, everyone is different and growth is relative to each, but did you see a good amount of change from month 7 on? If so, in what ways?

Also, I feel it is important to show a pre-op picture to show how big of a transformation this procedure really has become. It's very impressive.

Months6to7.thumb.jpg.01a3961da156d4133cb8132646a68f4c.jpg

Pretillnow.thumb.jpg.618306f76f3ac575117664a5b1ee4020.jpg

You have came a long way from where you started. If you go to a good barber and get the sides and bangs trimmed, you will be surprised how much better things look. Just be sure to tell them about your scar and to use scissors only in the back around the scar area. Congratulations on your progress.

You have came a long way from where you started. If you go to a good barber and get the sides and bangs trimmed, you will be surprised how much better things look. Just be sure to tell them about your scar and to use scissors only in the back around the scar area. Congratulations on your progress.

Thank you, I appreciate your comments. Do you think a 5 guard would show the scar? The scar is relatively thin all across, I would think 5 would cover it....

Thank you, I appreciate your comments. Do you think a 5 guard would show the scar? The scar is relatively thin all across, I would think 5 would cover it....

You should have no problem covering your scar at a #5 guard

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Thanks! At just under seven months it is close to the final result? Let's hope there's more :)

My own experience below. I wouldn't expect miracles though as I had more hair to start with and more grafts.

I should think a grade 5 would cover the scar, maybe even a 4.

5.JPG.2c90fba7601e6ae17589ac4a253108df.JPG

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

My own experience below. I wouldn't expect miracles though as I had more hair to start with and more grafts.

I should think a grade 5 would cover the scar, maybe even a 4.

Definite improvement in your case from month 7 to 24, thank you for sharing.

KO, not sure the target density as I do not remember. I will have to ask.

• 1 month later...

Well, month 8 is 'hair' :) ok bad joke, anyways I am continuing to see positive progress. My growth has taken almost a textbook path month to month and I am happy with where I am.

Again, I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Konior and his excellent staff. If all doctors displayed the skill, care, and artistry he does there would be a lot more happy customers in this field.

I look forward to further maturing at this point. I understand I will need another pass to fill the crown and plan to eventually go that route. However, I obviously want to wait a year or more to measure the total result as suggested.

Cheers!

Months6to7to8.thumb.jpg.aa27cb1d36f800ebdc31e4983735a231.jpg

5b32f1d3300b7_PretoMonth8.thumb.jpg.72139b996f8624ef6afb4c98b11bd0fa.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to pop in and share my progress as it is a couple days away from month 9 post HT.

Hair continues to mature and overall I am happy with the results! You can see the progress most definitely.

I posted a few scar pics too for those who are curious. Very thin scar and I have zero issues with a 5 guard. The barber didn't even notice the scar. I could likely pull a 4 off without fail. You have to lift the hair to see it and even then it's not noticeable unless you are looking for it.

I will eventually have a second pass, I haven't reached the year mark, but by ideally another 2000-2500 grafts should wrap up any voids and set me up for years to come.

Cheers!

Months6to7to8to9.thumb.jpg.419ea9daf3ec4ee654e9318b3fe4c522.jpg

IMG_4064.thumb.jpg.fe97be5550038d9a2c2a6adb3901a2be.jpg

IMG_4066.thumb.jpg.73f26cb201c24528a8610ddea70701cb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...