2900 FUT with Dr. Konior

Well, I've finally done it. Like most of you who read this forum, our collective goal is to regain our hair. We use this forum as a collaborative environment to view results, gather opinions and research top surgeons to make sure we do everything in our power to be in the best hands. I am thankful for a forum like this because it led me to have my first hair transplant with Dr. Konior 10 days ago.

I will spare all the details of arriving, the setting, the mood, etc. of the office. I do however want to emphasize Dr. Konior and his staff are elite. They are simply an amazing group, and I could not have found anyone better in this art. Their care, compassion, and commitment shine through in all their work.

Dr. Konior himself is incredibly knowledgeable and took his time to answer my questions with upfront honesty. He is extremely confident in his work and has every right to be. If my case turns out to be like the cases, I have seen on this forum and elsewhere I will be ecstatic! He is also very down to earth. He loves what he does, and it is evident.

Onto the transplant! The procedure itself took maybe 8-10 hours if I had to guess? I was very relaxed throughout the procedure and after the injections, I felt nothing. I wasn't worried about the pain going in because from all accounts I've read here I felt it would be a relatively pain-free experience. The worst part is the days after, laying on the staples/sutures, but even that pain is controlled with Advil. The numbness above the donor area is also a little odd, but I don't notice it unless I press on that area, and it should go away in the next three months or so. I am not too worried.

The swelling was so minimal and isolated to my forehead for a few days, but I followed protocol and all was well. I apologize for the ooze on the top of the scalp. That is relatively typical and it lasted maybe a day or two at the most. Now as you can see there's really no redness on the scalp. To me, that is amazing considering my skin tone.

I honestly love the fact Dr. Konior personally places the grafts, SO rare in this field. The man is the hardest working HT Surgeon in the business. I could not imagine being in his shoes day in and day out working through each procedure and creating such beautiful results, it is quite exceptional.

I am in my mid 30's and as you can see from the photos I am near a 5A on the Norwood scale. I began losing my hair around my early twenties and started Propecia at the time. The results from Propecia alone were satisfactory. I felt I gained hair and thickened quite a bit. My biggest mistake was stopping it because I felt it wasn't needed. I was a NW2A and went to a NW5A in around three years. It was very hard to digest. I hopped back on Propecia, but too little too late. It wasn't bringing me back to my NW2A days. In my late twenties, I began my research in hair transplants. It took me around six years to finally take the plunge and that leads me to where I am today.

I am happy I went through the procedure, and I hope in the following months my joy will increase considerably. I have done everything in my power to ensure this outcome is the best it can be, so please view my photos.

I have the 'baseline photo' attached along with the day 1, day 2, the scar photo taken 2 days after the procedure (staples removed day 2 and photos taken then) and then day 10, where I am at today. Along with a side by side.

Hair Breakdown was approx:

1's - 350

2's - 1970

3's - 580

I'll continue to update this thread monthly to show my progress. I know it meant a lot to me to see the progress of others and I want to contribute equally.

What do you guys think?

BL2.thumb.jpg.a9007b28cc6da892fd31856f25775202.jpg

D1EL1.thumb.jpg.4bc90b0a5d87dab53557b4b5da6c36cd.jpg

D2EL.thumb.jpg.bf1b345d5d41dfdd78c53b8c1e7d5ac2.jpg

SD3L.thumb.jpg.a2d96cc75cd2151cfe3f2c18808fc044.jpg

D10EL.thumb.jpg.81921c5d1557a21a326c292a9c56132c.jpg

SBS.thumb.jpg.16349b202734c4c1b3f224558478f492.jpg

Edited by hairmenow401

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hairmenow,

Congratulations on selecting an outstanding surgeon to perform your hair transplant. Dr. Konior is extremely dedicated and very passionate about both his work and his patients. Your postoperative photos look great and I expect you'll have an outstanding result in 12 months or so from now.

I also encourage you to create a free patient website which is the best way to document your progress with photos videos and more. You can even rate and review doctors :-).

Please keep us posted.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for posting! Please continue the updates. High NW cases are always intriguing, espessially when it comes to changing ones overall appearance and life.

Just curious, what was your scheduled wait time for your procedure?

Bill - Thank you, I appreciate it and will create a profile to keep things organized.

Harebrained - At the time I booked, I want to say the wait was around 8 months, but I believe it may be a year now. You would have to double check. Dr. Konior is in high demand.

Congratulations on taking the plunge.

you have choosen one of the best Drs in the world for FUT,

I can not recall any negitive reveiws o Dr K & looking at his work you know why.

Thanks for posting im confident that come in 12mths you will a changed man in everyway.

Best wishes.

Thanks for sharing your experience with Dr. Konior! No doubt you're going to be very happy in few short months. I look forward to your future updates.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Congratulations. Look forward to following your progress.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Congratulations!

Hope you'll have a dtunninh/stunning result.

Is there a reasons he didn't use more grafts? The area is pretty big.

Congratulations again mv

Congratulations!

Hope you'll have a dtunninh/stunning result.

Is there a reasons he didn't use more grafts? The area is pretty big.

Congratulations again mv

Thank you mosd, Honestly coming into the procedure I was slated for 2k grafts. I think going in we knew this would likely be a 2-time procedure. It also gives me time to see initial results, which I may be completely fine with as well as allow my scalp to heal if I find another procedure is in order.

With limited donor area, I want to take a cautious approach and see if I need to use what's in my inventory to restock the shelves.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it has been 1 month now since my HT. Nothing really to report other than I have lost most my stubbly friends. I see stubbles still, but I cannot tell if they're hairs that did not shed or if growth is occurring already, but I guess they're hairs that failed to shed, any opinions?

Also, how does the scar appear 1 month post op? When did your redness begin to fade to white?

I will continue my updates as the months move forward.

B1.thumb.jpg.995d7e480ea81d6b9c55308b2293f87e.jpg

1M.thumb.jpg.d5cc32b58834eeed2ad43b200f5c8c3d.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, waiting certainly isn't delightful in the case of HT results. It is fun to see some progress. I am at roughly 3-months now. The photo shown below is baseline to now.

I hope in the next few months things take off, but there has been some changes when comparing before to now.

What does everyone think?

5b32ee9abd68f_3month.thumb.jpg.7978e16f818a3bfa3969db3f157865e2.jpg

How's your scar been healing since the 1 month photo? Has the redness in the scar and recipient area cleared up since then? Any lingering discomfort in the donor region?

Looks like you should be pulling through the worst parts and heading for greener pastures. Very interested to see your 5 and 6 month photos.

Yeah, you should be getting on the down hi side of things and it will be easier soon. Keep us updated.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

How's your scar been healing since the 1 month photo? Has the redness in the scar and recipient area cleared up since then? Any lingering discomfort in the donor region?

Looks like you should be pulling through the worst parts and heading for greener pastures. Very interested to see your 5 and 6 month photos.

The scar is healing quite nicely. The redness is slowly but surely fading. The size of the scar is minimal. I will post photos later of the scar, but I am happy with it so far.

There's no discomfort and the numbness is mostly gone.

I am certainly ready for months 5 and 6 to come and will share my progress.

Thanks all!

I'm sure you have a good result as you picked one of the top FUT doctors out there.

If anybody can pull Rabbits from his asshole its this guy.

that is a hilarious way to put it and true at the same time ! :D

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

As promised, here are the scar pictures from the surgery.

I am happy with the results. I am happy with Dr. Konior. He is one of the rarest doctors I have ever come across in an exceptionally positive way. He genuinely cares about the patient and his work. I am fortunate to have found this website and in turn found my doctor.

I'll see you all in a few months :)

BC.thumb.jpg.3f26d0456affad8361a8c8ca52c34682.jpg

BCF.thumb.jpg.c543b415652c83051532b8addb2e3d1d.jpg

BCS2.thumb.jpg.dda538c600e1fb416157d6c65232d06b.jpg

BCS123.thumb.jpg.1d09615d2ca83615d5c70c146c0e864c.jpg

• 1 month later...

The wait continues... Here are some month four pictures, one showing wet hair and the other showing the time line of months one, two and four.

There is obvious change, and hopefully, in the next few months, there is a big increase in growth. I am excited to see how it all comes in.

5b32ef50c5c4a_month4w.thumb.jpg.589d20d54eb98e0fa57d0da72b342731.jpg

5b32ef50ed1d2_134month.thumb.jpg.1762c4a5f0839069506eaddcf557ffa4.jpg

Primarily this is where the magic happens for a lot of HT guys & looking at that scar, to me its a non issue which is the norm with Dr K.

Looking forward to your 5th month update as I'm sure you/we will see a difference.

Happy growing:)

You should be very excited there is a ton of new hair growth where before there was scalp and some fluffy fine hairs the next 4 months will bring about some big changes.

Congrats.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

The wait continues... Here are some month four pictures, one showing wet hair and the other showing the time line of months one, two and four.

There is obvious change, and hopefully, in the next few months, there is a big increase in growth. I am excited to see how it all comes in.

Mine looked very similar to this at the same stage. Whispy hairs definitely coming through. I don't think you will have any problems from here on in.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day