African-American 2,500 grafts FUE with Dr. Diep 6/11/2016

I am a 24 year old African male, and I had my HT with Dr. Diep yesterday (6/10/2016). I began losing my hair at 19 but daily nizoral use slowed things down somewhat. I am about a Norwood 4/5 with generalized thinning on the top of my head and crown.

I was originally scheduled for 2,500 grafts but I believe he was able to get about 800 more grafts due to the high quality of my donor hair and size of my head. Prior to the surgery he commented that in the past African hair can be very difficult to extract but mine was some of the best he had seen (luckily). I like to keep my hair at a #1 guard so I knew FUE would be the best option for me although Dr. Diep told me I would most likely need one more surgery to achieve optimal results.

I arrived to the clinic at 6:30 am, went over some paper work then Dr. Diep drew my hairline. Around 7am we began the surgery. I was done around 7pm. The most painful part was the numbing shots prior to the surgery.

My head is still pretty swollen now, but sleeping last night wasn't too bad. I will post photos once I take my headwrap off and receive the pre-op ones that Dr. Diep took.

Cheers

• 3 years later...

Can you post some pre and post surgery pictures?  Hopefully you may be seeing some new growth about now.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.