Finasteride side effects

08ash

Ive been on Finpecia for 2 months now, and I haven't notices any side effects as of yet, however all the research ive been doing on this drug has frighting answers of how this drug has affected people.

I just want to find out how long until these side effects become apparent? If I have been taking it for 2 month and have come across no side effects am I in the clear? I just really dont want anything to happen in the long term.

But other than these worries I am noticing positive results on this drug, there seem to be some new fine hairs growing among the existing hairs, and im noticing many more follicles with 2 strands of hair now than before, so im defiantly sticking to the drug!

Not to disappoint, but I experienced sexual sides at about 5 months on the drug. However, I had other problems before then, which began immediately after beginning the drug (change in semen texture, chronic feet pain, which was weird). Good luck.

its funny that I just emailed my ht dr today with my concerns. lets see, my testicles have shrunk close to half. delayed ejaculation. I still can get a strong erection but it doesn't last as long. my flaccid length is definitely smaller but my erect length is the same. feels like my chest is always slightly bloated or I am developing some excess breast tissue. that's all that comes to mind right now. I am thinking about lower the dose for a while and see what happens

I was thinking about starting a thread about "cycling" propecia like people "cycle" steroids. I was wondering If using propecia for a couple of months then taking a month off and using clomid to restart hpta would help minimize damage to the endocrine system and continue with 2 months on and 1 month off.

OK thanks for the info man, please keep me updated with what you find out, especially on the lower dose because I have considered that just to lower the risk of side effect, even though I have none yet - I hope it stays that way

Ive been on Finpecia for 2 months now, and I haven't notices any side effects as of yet, however all the research ive been doing on this drug has frighting answers of how this drug has affected people.

I just want to find out how long until these side effects become apparent? If I have been taking it for 2 month and have come across no side effects am I in the clear? I just really dont want anything to happen in the long term.

But other than these worries I am noticing positive results on this drug, there seem to be some new fine hairs growing among the existing hairs, and im noticing many more follicles with 2 strands of hair now than before, so im defiantly sticking to the drug!

You have a very good chance that the common side effects won't be experienced. The benefits and your response seem to be obvious and positive. Remember to document the trial with consistent photos.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Not everyone gets the side-effects. If you do, simply contact the physician who prescribed it for you for advice.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I was thinking about starting a thread about "cycling" propecia like people "cycle" steroids. I was wondering If using propecia for a couple of months then taking a month off and using clomid to restart hpta would help minimize damage to the endocrine system and continue with 2 months on and 1 month off.

Hi matt1164,

I read your post and decided to post here for the first time in almost 2 years.

For people who experience side effects from Propecia that can't be ignored, I think cycling on the drug is a pretty valid choice we have at the given time, until the pharmas get serious about developing a full-proof cure/treatment without sides.

In my case it (specifically 1.25mg Proscar M-W-F) always affects my sleep negatively, and my last cycle it nearly killed my otherwise platinum sex life. :cool: :o so I had to stop again.

I'm not sure what the best cycle is, but my approach has been 3 months on then 6 months off. Currently into my seventh month off cycle and since I've had nearly 6,700 grafts so far over multiple procedures I don't see a massive decline in hair quality, except for the areas I've had fewer or no grafts placed in. I just restarted the next "on" cycle this past week..

*This is not a recommendation to cycle on Propecia btw, I'm just relaying what has worked for me in my case.

Hope they come out with better treatment options soon.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Took a generic for three weeks, couldn't feel anything in the downstairs area...

If it works great, but from my research, there appears to be more people having side effects, than the manufacturers would like to indicate.

I can't take the drug. The side effects are horrific! In some unlucky patients they can be permanent. How does permanent impotence sound? Sounds like a living hell in my opinion. The stakes are simply too high for me to take a chance on continuing to ingest a drug like that. Personally, I would rather shave my head. You can even increase you risk of male breast cancer with that drug. I'm not a fan of Fin/Propecia and would like to see better education and more explicit warning labels mandated.

I have been on generic fin for almost 8 months and slowly developed mild symptoms (less erections, not as hard). I quit and regained libido in just a couple days.

I bought a pill cutter and now taking half dose (0.5mg) a day. Only been on a few days, so far everything is good. If I notice symptoms come back I may try 0.5mg every other day.

according to research, there is little difference between 1mg and 0.5mg a day but if the symptoms are mild it might be enough to make a difference.

plus all that excess fin isn't in your system so if you ever decide to quit maybe have better/faster recovery.

I just don't think fin is what it is cracked out to be.

It has terrible side effects even at a lose dose in my experience.

I first tried it back in 2011 took the standard 1mg pill quickly had sexual dysfunction sides (less libido,delayed ejac,,erectile dysfunction) I persevered for 6 months but did not see any tangible difference in what was by that point very non aggressive mpb.

Later I tried 0.5mg and even 0.33mg a day (tablets broken up by me) for long durations of 4 and 6 months and again it was not worth it, very little obvious improvement in thickness and new hair forget about it.

Fin is a very dangerous drug and is 1 drug that really should be prescription only

What's not mentioned on here is it has a link to birth defects. Nurses are not allowed to even come in contact with it.

Took a generic for three weeks, couldn't feel anything in the downstairs area...

If it works great, but from my research, there appears to be more people having side effects, than the manufacturers would like to indicate.

Definitely agree!

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

I am one that has never had any side effects. 1 mg a day. Have not noticed any side effects. I overall have a pretty healthy lifestyle though. I workout everyday, eat very healthy, don't smoke or drink so all that may contribute to having no anxiety or sexual disfunctions.

I had no sexual side effects while on Finasteride but once I came off the drug I had a hormonal crash and my libdo was wipped out over night.

That was 4 years ago and to this day I have not fully recovered.

• 4 years later...
On 6/22/2016 at 5:11 PM, Mark2010 said:

I had no sexual side effects while on Finasteride but once I came off the drug I had a hormonal crash and my libdo was wipped out over night.

That was 4 years ago and to this day I have not fully recovered.

How are you doing now bro?

On 6/13/2016 at 11:10 AM, iwokeuptoabaldpatch said:

I just don't think fin is what it is cracked out to be.

It has terrible side effects even at a lose dose in my experience.

I first tried it back in 2011 took the standard 1mg pill quickly had sexual dysfunction sides (less libido,delayed ejac,,erectile dysfunction) I persevered for 6 months but did not see any tangible difference in what was by that point very non aggressive mpb.

Later I tried 0.5mg and even 0.33mg a day (tablets broken up by me) for long durations of 4 and 6 months and again it was not worth it, very little obvious improvement in thickness and new hair forget about it.

Fin is a very dangerous drug and is 1 drug that really should be prescription only

What's not mentioned on here is it has a link to birth defects. Nurses are not allowed to even come in contact with it.

When I read all the posts in these comments, I get terrified, I just dont think the drug is worth it.  Would you guys recommend topical fin at all? Is it all the same?

It appears that some guys have less sexual side-effects with the topical form yet we still do not know if it is as efficient as the oral form....there needs to be more clinical studies comparing the two.

Gillenator