Potential Coalition Membership for Dr. David Josephitis of Bloomington, MN

Dear Forum Members,

As you know, members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians have to meet extremely demanding standards and have an outstanding reputation for producing only the best results. Thus, we would like your input on the potential Coalition membership for Dr. David Josephitis. To view our demanding standards for the Coalition, click here.

Dr. David Josephitis works with both Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro and has been presenting examples of his work and results and contributing on this forum for over a year. Patient members of this community have been very impressed by his results and thus, we feel that he should be considered for Coalition membership.

Dr. Josephitis provides both FUT/strip and FUE and performs all the extractions himself on every single FUE procedure at the clinic. This includes Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro's FUE cases. He is a board certified diplomate of the ABHRS (American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery) and has earned fellowship status at the ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery).

Dr. Josephitis is highly respected by his peers and his patients. He became interested in performing hair transplant surgery in medical school when he was introduced to the procedure by Coalition member Dr. Glenn Charles. He is also a hair transplant patient and received 1800 plus follicular units to refine his hairline.

Dr. Josephitis has the staff and experience to perform densely packed sessions exceeding 3000 grafts when appropriate for the patient via strip and up to 2000 grafts a day utilizing the FUE (follicular unit extraction) procedure. He uses all the latest techniques and technology including PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma), ACell, microscopes and more. Grafts are dipped in ACell for all FUE procedures and when appropriate, PRP is applied to the recipient sites in order to facilitate optimal growth.

Dr. David Josephitis uses a combination of FUE extraction devices including the Cole sharp punch, a manual punch and Coalition member Dr. Devroye's oscillating punch depending on the patient. Dr. Josephitis is very hands on and works with between 5 to 10 experienced technicians averaging 10 years of experience on every strip procedure depending on the size of the session. During FUE, he only requires 2 or 3 technicians to assist him with the procedure.

Over the last year, Dr. Josephitis has presented several examples of his procedure and recent results on this forum. Dr. Josephitis' Recent Patient and Surgical photos can be found below:

1324 Grafts 6 Month Progress Patient Posted Result with Dr. Josephitis

2362 Grafts with Dr. Josephitis Strip Result

2038 Grafts with Dr. Josephitis

2194 Grafts with Dr. Josephitis FUE Result

2013 Grafts with Dr. Josephitis Strip Result

FUE Study - Comparing .9mm Sharp vs Dull Punch

3314 Grafts with Dr. Josephitis Strip Result

3535 Grafts with Dr. Josephitis Strip Result

Given Dr. Josephitis' credentials and dedication to advanced surgical hair restoration, I believe he should be considered for the Coalition. To view our demanding standards for the Coalition, click here.

We welcome all input and comments regarding his potential inclusion.

To view additional examples of his patient results, visit the "Results Posted by Leading Hair Restoration Clinics" forum.

We look forward to your feedback.

Bill

Great to see Dr. Josephitis up for recommendation. It goes without saying that he's producing world class results and I've really appreciated his thoughtful contributions to this forum.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Dear Forum Members,

As you know, members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians have to meet extremely demanding standards and have an outstanding reputation for producing only the best results. Thus, we would like your input on the potential Coalition membership for Dr. David Josephitis. To view our demanding standards for the Coalition, click here.

Dr. David Josephitis works with both Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro and has been presenting examples of his work and results and contributing on this forum for over a year. Patient members of this community have been very impressed by his results and thus, we feel that he should be considered for Coalition membership.

Dr. Josephitis provides both FUT/strip and FUE and performs all the extractions himself on every single FUE procedure at the clinic. This includes Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro's FUE cases. He is a board certified diplomate of the ABHRS (American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery) and has earned fellowship status at the ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery).

Dr. Josephitis is highly respected by his peers and his patients. He became interested in performing hair transplant surgery in medical school when he was introduced to the procedure by Coalition member Dr. Glenn Charles. He is also a hair transplant patient and received 1800 plus follicular units to refine his hairline.

Dr. Josephitis has the staff and experience to perform densely packed sessions exceeding 3000 grafts when appropriate for the patient via strip and up to 2000 grafts a day utilizing the FUE (follicular unit extraction) procedure. He uses all the latest techniques and technology including PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma), ACell, microscopes and more. Grafts are dipped in ACell for all FUE procedures and when appropriate, PRP is applied to the recipient sites in order to facilitate optimal growth.

Dr. David Josephitis uses a combination of FUE extraction devices including the Cole sharp punch, a manual punch and Coalition member Dr. Devroye's oscillating punch depending on the patient. Dr. Josephitis is very hands on and works with between 5 to 10 experienced technicians averaging 10 years of experience on every strip procedure depending on the size of the session. During FUE, he only requires 2 or 3 technicians to assist him with the procedure.

Over the last year, Dr. Josephitis has presented several examples of his procedure and recent results on this forum. Dr. Josephitis' Recent Patient and Surgical photos can be found below:

1324 Grafts 6 Month Progress Patient Posted Result with Dr. Josephitis

2362 Grafts with Dr. Josephitis Strip Result

2038 Grafts with Dr. Josephitis

2194 Grafts with Dr. Josephitis FUE Result

2013 Grafts with Dr. Josephitis Strip Result

FUE Study - Comparing .9mm Sharp vs Dull Punch

3314 Grafts with Dr. Josephitis Strip Result

3535 Grafts with Dr. Josephitis Strip Result

Given Dr. Josephitis' credentials and dedication to advanced surgical hair restoration, I believe he should be considered for the Coalition. To view our demanding standards for the Coalition, click here.

We welcome all input and comments regarding his potential inclusion.

To view additional examples of his patient results, visit the "Results Posted by Leading Hair Restoration Clinics" forum.

We look forward to your feedback.

Bill

I am/was a patient at SMG. Dr. Josephitis, along with Dr. Ron Shapiro worked on my HT. Can't speak highly enough of SMG, Dr. Ron and Dr. Josephitis. It's not just their amazing expertise and skill in what they do, but their genuine caring and humility. Dr. Josephitis & Dr. Shapiro have that rare combination of humility and confidence that makes them, in my opinion, one of the best HT surgeons in the world.

In the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger ~ "Ill be back!"

Thank you for everybody's input so far. I agree that Dr. Josephitis' work is top notch. Moreover, he is very hands on and extremely passionate about his work I had the privilege of speaking with him for quite some time on the phone and I could tell that he was full of energy and enthusiasm about his work and results. He also really cares about his patients and gives them his undivided attention.

Mark, regarding pricing, I'm sure Dr. Josephitis can address this for you. Pricing varies on a number of factors so it wouldn't be my place to provide you with a cost estimate.

I look forward to hearing what more people have to say.

Best wishes,

Bill

HTN community,

I am truly honored to be considered for coalition membership. This forum is a huge asset to potential hair patients everywhere. I have enjoyed following the posts over the years and taking part where I can in helping out fellow members. I look forward to many more years working alongside those interested in the field of hair restoration surgery. Working at Shapiro Medical continues to be a wonderful experience for me. There is really nothing like doing what you love at a world-class facility.

Markee. As far as pricing goes, it can be quite variable as Bill has mentioned. The cost is really determined by the number of grafts that you need to accomplish your goals. Everyone's goals are different. Our clinic, like many others, charges by the total number of grafts. Also, if you want to go the FUE route, the prices are a bit higher as the surgery is more demanding on the surgeon and the staff. I encourage you to contact our clinic and schedule an in-house or telephone visit with our consultant Matt Zupan.

Thanks

Guys,

I appreciate everyone's input on Dr. David Josephitis' potential Coalition membership. It's obvious based on the replies we received on this forum topic and the ones we received privately that including him in the Coalition is a no-brainer. He has clearly developed a stellar reputation online for being amongst the best and is well respected by his peers and patients. Thus, we are pleased to announce Dr. David Josephitis as our newest member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

To see Dr. Josephitis' Coalition profile, click here. Let's welcome him to the community and the Coalition!

Best wishes,

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats Dr. Joe! Your passion for producing great results, attention to detail and hard work ethics fit right in with rest of the Shapiro doctors at SMG. It's as if you were one of the their brothers. :) Miss working with you and everyone at SMG! Looking forward to seeing you all next week.