Platinum Follicle vs Golden Follicle award

Golden Follicle Award Criteria

Outstanding and significant clinical contributions related to hair restoration surgery.

1. The recipient must have been the principal person involved in clinical research or in developing innovations or made a significant contribution furthering the advancement of hair restoration.

2. The work of the recipient must have resulted in demonstrated improved patient outcomes.

3. The recipient may not have been awarded the Golden or Platinum Follicle Awards within the previous 5 years. (Exceptions may be made in the event of extraordinary circumstances regarding new work conducted by the nominee.)

4. The recipient will preferably be a member of the ISHRS, however, non-members whose work has been significant may be considered.

Platinum Follicle Award Criteria

Outstanding achievement in basic scientific or clinically-related research in hair pathophysiology or anatomy as it relates to hair restoration.

1. The recipient must have been the principal investigator involved in basic scientific or clinically-related research related to hair restoration.

2. The results of the research must represent significant advancement the science of hair restoration.

3. The recipient may not have been awarded the Golden or Platinum Follicle Awards within the previous 5 years. (Exceptions may be made in the event of extraordinary circumstances regarding new work conducted by the nominee.)

4. The recipient will preferably be a member of the ISHRS, however, non-members whose work has been significant may be considered.

they are both the top honor in their own way

Edited by Beebz

Beebs already provided an excellent response. Like he said they are both significant and prestigious in their own way. This, it's difficult to say which is more highly coveted. I suppose that's a matter of personal opinion. For instance would you rather drive a BMW or a Mercedes? Both are considered high luxury but each person has their own personal preference :-).

Maybe some of our physicians will chime in and provide their input.

Best wishes,

Bill

Both are incredible. All I know is that my doctor, Jim Harris in Denver, was the 2014 Golden Follicle recipient and his work and excellence shows why! I'm glad his medical colleagues around the world recognize just how good a hair transplant doctor he is!

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!