Accepting that I will need a 2nd FUE transplant 9 months later

Hello everyone,

9 months ago I got 2000 FUE to lower my hairline 2 cm all the way across.

Did it with what I thought was a reputable doctor, seemed to check out on the internet, and there is one positive review with him on here, no other mentions though. (I'm withholding the name for now, but will release at 12 months)

Its been 9 months, and I know there is still plenty of thickening to come, but as you can see from the pictures, that just aint gonna cut it. Im well aware the emergence period is 3-9 months.... and the hair shaft thickening isnt going to be close to enough.

Im keeping a level head, I was warned by yall that many times, due to caliber of hair, and poor yield, that a second surgery may be nesc.

Here are the pictures just to confirm that I'm not crazy. And can anyone recommend any good clinic in the Tampa Bay/Orlando area that they had a good experience with.

Also can you please estimate how many more grafts will be need to make this look acceptable. Its too late to turn back now for me. I was thinking I will probably need another 500 grafts at least. Thanks

13275562_10207479642402601_1221076527_o.thumb.jpg.41e50c069302aea96c9637c4abde3875.jpg

13288733_10207479644602656_1118870049_o.thumb.jpg.c90db1215c67170f65e6b2c0c691df5d.jpg

13313580_10207479640682558_1048391021_o.thumb.jpg.af14df56abda49bb4862e7002bc50565.jpg

Its hard to tell by your photos but it appears that you are correct. I have never heard of Dr. Slusher but I agree you should wait 12 months to see the final result

I recommend you go for a consult with Dr. Charles.

Good luck!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

His name is Dr Glenn Charles and he is in Boca Raton

This is his profile

Glenn Charles, D.O. Hair Transplant Surgeon in Boca Raton, Florida

This is his website

http://www.charlesmedicalgroup.com/

This is a list of the recommended doctors.

Hair Transplant Network - Find Hair Transplant Clinics and Doctors

Hopefully that helps.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

I Know you said that you wont give up the Drs Name just yet but is he/she a Member on this Forum?

was your HT done by hand or Machine of some sort?

would you have pictures prior before you had HT?

My Op is that your hairline does somewhat look weak to me but maybe you may pull a Rabbit from your backside but i wouldn't think so at 9 months gone.

There is a few recommended Clinics in Florida just do the search on this site but don't just go because its close to you.

You already feel down about it, so have a open mind to travel out of state or even country if need be as you don't get many chances when tapping into your donor site.

If you have some consultations and the Dr says.... yep come in next wk run, run Forest Gump as a good HT will be booked up 3,6 or even 12 months before you sit down.

Edited by ontop
edit

Know you said that you wont give up the Drs Name just yet but is he/she a Member on this Forum?

was your HT done by hand or Machine of some sort?

Opps I must have missed that but he mentioned it on his first post that it was Dr. Slusher. I think he uses the Neograft.

There is a few recommended Clinics in Florida just do the search on this site but don't just go because its close to you.

You already feel down about it, so have a open mind to travel out of state or even country if need be as you don't get many chances when tapping into your Doner site

I agree!

Yeah it was Dr. James Slusher. I didnt want to call them out until I was sure. But Lorenzo, I actually just spoke with Dr. Charles' clinic, they actually seemed to have an opening relatively soon, since they do it 5 days a week there and see a few patients a day.

They use artas down there, maybe I should have gone with that from the start.

But Lorenzo has been on here a while, and his posts all seem level headed and trust worthy, if you believe in him enough to reccomend, that makes me prone to believe in him since you've seen a lot. They said they've done their share of touchups...to be clear, its not the worst thing in the world. I can get by if I use derm match, but I dont want to have to cake that stuff on for the rest of my life, and I want to be able to wear my hair up.

I'm going to send my photos to them and get a consult on facetime.

Letitgrown.

I am giving you Dr. Charles because he is in your area. He has a great reputation and is recommended by this website. At the end the final decision is yours. I would research as much as possible and check out the example of different doctors on this website. I would not base my decision on location only.

You didn't get a hair transplant to use dema match everyday. I am sure in the next few days you will have more posters responding with their suggestions.

Lorenzo,

I'm having trouble finding the part where I go to search doctors in my area.

Where is this feature if you dont mind sharing

Thanks for all the advice, I understand the final desc is mine. I take full responsibility for my poor desc with the previous clinic and I dont blame people for suggesting ideas when I have asked for them especially. But, I've stalked a lot of your posts. You seem very honest, and frankly, knowledgeable. A reccomendation on this website carries FAR more weight than anything an in person doctor could tell me, as this website is the true grinder of truth and not bias.

This is the link

Thanks for all the advice, I understand the final desc is mine. I take full responsibility for my poor desc with the previous clinic and I dont blame people for suggesting ideas when I have asked for them especially. But, I've stalked a lot of your posts. You seem very honest, and frankly, knowledgeable. A reccomendation on this website carries FAR more weight than anything an in person doctor could tell me, as this website is the true grinder of truth and not bias

Thanks at the end its important that you chose a good doctor. You learned the hard way that 90% of hair transplant doctors are below average. This website will teach you a lot.

This is the link

Thanks at the end its important that you chose a good doctor. You learned the hard way that 90% of hair transplant doctors are below average. This website will teach you a lot.

Only 90%? :P

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

If I were you, I would take a step back and really tread carefully. You already made a mistake; get it right this time around. I would personally stay away from the ARTAS robot at this point in time, just my two cents. I would consult with the following Doctors if I were based in the U.S.:

Dr. Konior

Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Gabel

Dr. Diep

Best of luck.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Yep I agree stay away from these so called machines they can never do the job unlike. like the human hand & eyes got to offer.

Like OP said take a step back & do your research to shorten your odds of success

I have heard some better reviews about Artas but still I agree nothing is better than human hands to FUE. I am not sure if Dr. Charles offers manual FUE but you should ask him this. If you are willing to travel within America I would also look at Dr. Konair. In my opinion he is the best American doctor.

Only 90%? :P

I am sure the average is higher. But if 10 friends did a transplant with 10 random doctors (not recommended) I am sure one would have an average result.

Last I heard that Dr Charles does Fut & FUE but what I gather is that he uses that Artis for FUE a lot.

I know that as I get e-mails coming to me marketing the Artis robot.

Consider Dr. James Harris in Denver. He does FUE by his own hand and is one of the pioneers in the industry. SO glad I used a pro like him!

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!